LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Found On Artoftrolling.Memebase.Com

This makes me feel like a broken record, but I need to state, again, that being made fun off or used as the butt of jokes to seem like a freak by the mainstream is not the same thing as being in the mainstream. This kind of awareness doesn't benefit us.

This makes me feel like a broken record, but I need to state, again, that being made fun off or used as the butt of jokes to seem like a freak by the mainstream is not the same thing as being in the mainstream. This kind of awareness doesn't benefit us.

I'm a firm believer in the adage: If you can't laugh at yourself then you're taking life too seriously.

So that you understand where I'm coming from. The easiest way to get people to stop fearing something is through exposure, especially innocent or good exposure. That's kind of what's going on now. Use to be that such a question would have gotten a lot of seriously bad insults and such. Now though, people will make light of it. This is a step forward, and it's a critical step in the process, when people see it as humorous instead of bad or dirty, then they've learned to separate it from the stereotypes.

As an example of this effect, someone posted somewhere some really messed up assertions (all negative stereotypes) about diaper lovers. Instead of people turning it into a serious discussion as if those stereotypes were fact, which is what would have originally happened, they mocked the original poster with a lot of AB-DL jokes. Safe to say the original poster of that vanished at that point. So humor on one side can create humor toward the other, the difference is, the side that just laughs along will have a voice while the side taking offense will be ignored. ;)

I'm a firm believer in the adage: If you can't laugh at yourself then you're taking life too seriously.

So that you understand where I'm coming from. The easiest way to get people to stop fearing something is through exposure, especially innocent or good exposure. That's kind of what's going on now. Use to be that such a question would have gotten a lot of seriously bad insults and such. Now though, people will make light of it. This is a step forward, and it's a critical step in the process, when people see it as humorous instead of bad or dirty, then they've learned to separate it from the stereotypes.

As an example of this effect, someone posted somewhere some really messed up assertions (all negative stereotypes) about diaper lovers. Instead of people turning it into a serious discussion as if those stereotypes were fact, which is what would have originally happened, they mocked the original poster with a lot of AB-DL jokes. Safe to say the original poster of that vanished at that point. So humor on one side can create humor toward the other, the difference is, the side that just laughs along will have a voice while the side taking offense will be ignored. ;)

I'm all for laughing at myself. What we do is funny, simply put.

But those who think that us being the butt of every obligatory freak joke on TV and the Internet is somehow mainstreaming are nothing short of deluded.

I'm all for laughing at myself. What we do is funny, simply put.

But those who think that us being the butt of every obligatory freak joke on TV and the Internet is somehow mainstreaming are nothing short of deluded.

Change takes time, and it will wane eventually. Typically when something appears new it attracts more attention, and jokes, as people adjust toward acceptance. There are numerous examples, from racial discrimination to homophobia, and we see that those bad jokes eventually faded down to a murmur as it just became more easy to accept by the general population. AB-DL is pretty new to the majority because most people really didn't realize it existed until the internet became popular, when suddenly they were confronted with a lot of stuff they never knew existed.

There are other aspects of life that are also going through this change simultaneously as well, it's hard to notice the others since things you are familiar with tend to stick out more. One group that is getting some ridicule still are atheists, and it's a lot. They, however, turned the ridicule around and matched what they are getting. Not sure that's such a good thing but that's how they are dealing with this same issue. Almost all other fetishes and lifestyles get just as much ridicule as AB, DL gets less from what I have seen. As I said, it's hard to spot or notice those you are not associated with, so the DL may be getting just as much but I haven't noticed. As long as people keep fighting against the stereotypes, the humor is just growing pains, it doesn't perpetuate the stereotypes but does help to show how stupid stereotypes are, and stereotypes are really stupid as a whole.