LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Abenas Going To Cloth Backing

wetabenas

its official..... abenas are going cloth... i cant belive it, it feels like ive lost a loved 1... ive been wearing abenas for years, i love the feel and the crinkle... ive got some air plus coming to try out but im not a lover of the cloth backing......

is there anybody in the uk that can point me in the direction of a similar product that is still plastic backed?.............

So does that mean the entire outer cover is made of their cloth-like material and not the plastic they've had for years?

What makes this "official", I thought they were offering both from all the sites I've seen.

Wow, this would be interesting news. Probably shop with another brand instead.

i spoke to a nice person at abena uk today and they said that they are phazing out the plastic backing..... they still have lots of boxes of the original plastic style but once they have gone its cloth covers from then on.... needless to say i have bulk ordered......

Last I heard, the USA and Canada have got a repreive on this, for the time being at least:

http://www.reddit.co..._production_of/

(see post by ultrapampers)

Based on the concerns you had on the consequences of especially moving M4 + L4 from PE and all the way to Premium (M4 + L4 will not be in the Comfort TBS range) it was this morning decided to put this project on hold for North America, so you will also after the 1st of February be able to purchase M4 + L4 in PE. As these two products accounts for a very large volume of our sales in the US, we will over the next 6 month have to find/decide on what the final assortment for the US/Canada should be. Having 4 ranges in our assortment (Delta TBS (future) Comfort PE, Comfort TBS and Premium) is not ideal.

As for the rest of Comfort PE range, we will not discontinue right now, but I still expect that we will not continue with the whole range for a long period. I hope to have more on this in the beginning of January.

"Comfort" is the Abriform range, "Delta" is the Deltaform range obviously, "PE" is polyethlyene (plastic backing) and "TBS" is non-woven cloth-like backing. So in North America at least, the M4 and L4 with plastic backing are secure for 6 months at least and the other absorbencies and sizes are secure for "right now" but still expected to be discontinued.

I think basically it's because they've overstretched themselves with too many different but similar product lines and want to trim down the range.

i have tried too contact abena through their web site but i dont think it delivered...... i really hope they re-consider what they are doing..............

So if you purchase from XP make sure you let them know you prefer the plastic.

Not just that you prefer them, but why, so that Gary can hopefully pass his customer's comments on to Abena. It's important because of this:

In the next month we will have to look further into the disadvantages of TBS/Premium from the point of end-users in North America, as we have not had any negative feedback from other markets.

Chances to tell a major diaper manufacturer why cloth cover is inferior to plastic and have them actually listen do not come along very often. I can't remember any non-ABDL specific manufacturer ever doing that.

I know it's not just North American users who prefer plastic backings so it's also evident that people outside North America clearly need to speak up and quickly. I wondered when I first read their statement if the reason they haven't had such a strong reaction from their other markets is because in Europe in particular, Abena's largest customers are mostly going to be purchasing departments of large nationalised healthcare providers who don't really care what the backing is (although their onward users might when they find out) whereas in America, there are very few (if any) major healthcare systems that directly purchase diapers for their customers and so there's a much higher proportion of private buyers who are clued in about what they're buying because they're using them personally or directly caring for somebody. So if European ABDLs and incontinent people who prefer plastic-backed Abenas want to be heard, they need to shout loudly enough to be heard over Abena's massive customers.

the abena plastic backing is better for a number of reasons..... the crinkle factor, the babyish look and feel, the odour suppression, the better fixation of tabs, pretty much abena is probably the best nappy/diaper on the market in europe...................... cloth like backing sucks.....................................................