LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Khl Tragedy (Hockey Fans, You Might Wanna See This)

A request to keep peace in this thread: Please do not make any sort of politically oriented comments here.

KHL Hockey team dies in plane crash. Several NHL stars aboard, only 2 survivors.

http://www.cnn.com/2...rash/index.html

This has got to be the worst summer for hockey ever.

So many deaths, and with 90% of the surviving player's body burned, I think we're likely to see one more sadly.

I mean, it's not like I knew the guys, but some people here know what a big hockey fan I am. I know there are other hockey fans on here too. I thought people should know. This hits hard for me. I feel sick. I feel like crying. A lot of those guys were younger than I was, still teens even. Damn. It's not fair. My thoughts go out to every player, fan, and friend effected by this horrible...thing. RIP

mini rage:

I turned on ESPN to find out about this, and what did I see for 20 minutes and still no news on the crash? Payton manning is upset about missing some games! WHAT? A whole team just lost their lives! They'll miss the rest of their games FOREVER! *growl*

Sorry, done now.

/rage

P.S. I know I'm still new here, so if I have inadvertently done/posted something wrong in writing this, I'm very truly sorry. Bad mama!

this is why i dont watch ESPN anymore. 20 minutes on yankee/red sox highlights at the top of the show, then a rehash about the same highlights 20 minites later. then again, epsn never cared about hockey.

this is a sad day, in an already sad summer for the sport of hockey, as well as sports in general. just a tragic loss.....

sorry but the first two thoughts that went through my head when i heard about this was "let it be the redwings, or blackhawks" *EDIT* I know this is a very bad taste thing to think but its kind of a knee jerk reaction thought. The loss is still a sad thing regardless of who's team.

And I don't know how many times I have said how hockey is bigger than anyone makes it out to be. I mean look at the millions a guy demands to be paid to hit a ball with a stick and do short sprints to bases. Look at how much guys demand to be paid for football..... yet hockey players don't make 1 mil a season, these mooks in the other sports demand they get their money, that they get their face on a cereal box..... wtf. YOU try skating up and down the ice and tell me its easier than baseball. I think it's because hockey is too much like soccer in its setup and americans won't acknowledge soccer until world cup time.

sorry but the first two thoughts that went through my head when i heard about this was "let it be the redwings, or blackhawks"

And I don't know how many times I have said how hockey is bigger than anyone makes it out to be. I mean look at the millions a guy demands to be paid to hit a ball with a stick and do short sprints to bases. Look at how much guys demand to be paid for football..... yet hockey players don't make 1 mil a season, these mooks in the other sports demand they get their money, that they get their face on a cereal box..... wtf. YOU try skating up and down the ice and tell me its easier than baseball. I think it's because hockey is too much like soccer in its setup and americans won't acknowledge soccer until world cup time.

To respect the comment of no improper comments i'll be brief.

People who get paid these amounts to run around kicking, tackling or skating shouldn't be in the first place. Seriously, i'm not saying its easy but i can bet my entire bank account that a surgeon or a neuropsychologist deserves a LOT more that salary than the person who kicks a damn ball D:

Aside from my personal opinion on sport salaries, the plain crash is a tragedy and my heart goes to them and their families :(

Hockey players can easily make a mil each. Many do. Some of the stars make much much more, even above 10 mil....They also had a lockout a few years back, player union taking the lead on it, when salary caps were announced. Just an aside.

But somehow, I don't think how much they're paid is important right now.

The player with severe burns survived the night, shockingly, and he's still fighting. He was even responsive enough to communicate with his father at his bedside. If you're the praying type, I'm sure he could use the extra luck.

sorry but the first two thoughts that went through my head when i heard about this was "let it be the redwings, or blackhawks"

Wow, just wow.

The empathy in this thread is overwhelming.

You partially got your wish. 4 former Red Wings players/coaches/prospects died in that crash.

Let's recap, a whole team of hockey players died. Yes, they died. Players from all over the world.

You guys are wishing more people died, and bitching about how much athletes are paid. FFS, I know some of you like to act like babies, but show a little maturity here.

It's sad to hear almost a whole hockey team, their coaches, and friends died. :-( Sounds this was a case of lack of proper maintenance on the plane.

I grew up watching live Saturday night "hockey night in Canada" with my grandfather that was broadcast on channel 9 out of Windsor Ontario.

Regarding the salary issues, I am old enough to remember when (Red Wing and all other,) hockey players were not paid very much. They had to get off season jobs to survive. Gordie Howe is a friend, although I haven't seen him in years. Used to go to practices at Olympia Stadium. He told some stories on survival in those days.

No I don't really wish people dead, its a knee-jerk reaction thought. If you were big into american football and say you hated the patriots, youd more than likely have a knee jerk of "i hope they got messed up" if something like this had happened to an NFL team.

Wow, just wow.

The empathy in this thread is overwhelming.

You partially got your wish. 4 former Red Wings players/coaches/prospects died in that crash.

Let's recap, a whole team of hockey players died. Yes, they died. Players from all over the world.

You guys are wishing more people died, and bitching about how much athletes are paid. FFS, I know some of you like to act like babies, but show a little maturity here.

Even if the response wasn't for people dying and like the user said was a kneejerk response don't forget that some people in society are naturally born without the ability to empathize. They're not bad people, they're just unable to feel that emotion :P

Side note: According to my psych i am one of those individuals unable to feel empathy or regret :x so as far as the plane crash goes i feel very little (or none actually) feelings towards the people involved. I still send my best wishes however.

:) Psych101 rant over ~

Necros.