LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Depends Max Protection Large Size-- Discontinued?

I have 3 CVS's, a RiteAid and a Walgreens within 5 miles of my house, but today NONE of them had Large size. Went to all of them today, and they all had plenty of Medium size... but no Large. More significantly, it's a scarcity I've noticed for months-- it's been a matter of driving to at least three of these stores before I can find a pack of Large. Today, I finally hit zero results (and bought a pack of Mediums).

That last stop was at the RiteAid. I brought the Mediums up to the checkout, and the lady asked me, "Did you want these, or the large size?" Hey, I'm 6'6"... a good assumptive question for her to ask. I told her that yes, I'd like to have Large instead-- but there were none on the shelf, and none on any of their competitor's locations either.

She rang back to the back room, and a minute late a manager came up and told me "we haven't gotten any of those for months... I think they've been discontinued". So I shrugged, said thanks, and bought the Mediums. They're snug, but I can make them work-- I'm a 33 waist, the tapes hit the front flaps with about an inch to spare but forget about the bottom tape, it just pops after a while.

So... no more Depend Max Protection Large? Looks like I'll have to start budgeting for Bambinos a bit more often, now... not like that's a bad thing :) but it is an expense I indulged in only a few times a year, with the Depends filling in the rest of the time.

Come to think of it, there's WalMarts 10 miles north and south of here, they prob have the Larges... but by the time I hit the RiteAid, I was ready to just say Screw it, gimme the Mediums. Next time, try the WalMart? Well, maybe... but if they've been discontinued, even Wally won't have 'em...

wv.

Funny I have the exact opposite problem always larges no mediums. the same stores mentioned and everything. I did notice that the lonley Kmart has the new ones, well the new packages they came out with. I attribute it to auto ordering and inventory from the corporate office. This seems to be the demise of products anymore. Where it was designed to insure accurate inventory and stocking. It seems it doesn't work the way they though.

I would think that the store manager could override the system though if a customer requested that they do indeed carry a item such as this.

Funny I have the exact opposite problem always larges no mediums. the same stores mentioned and everything. I did notice that the lonley Kmart has the new ones, well the new packages they came out with.

I've been seeing the new packaging here in E Mass for over a year now... but I still see the old design on shelf for some of the other Depends products (SuperPlus, etc), along with their new designs.

Just checked Depend.com-- the Large Max are still listed... ok...

I would think that the store manager could override the system though if a customer requested that they do indeed carry a item such as this.

Yeah... but, I dunno if I'll be giving the heads-up to that RiteAid manager. I mean, whatever-- if they're NOT discontinued, Wally will have 'em a little cheaper... and that's where I go to fill my scrips anyway...

wv

Maybe perhaps could it just be some sort of manufacturing issue? I would think that if they were being discontinued, that they would make some sort of announcement regarding their being discontinued. Just a thought, Rockies Fan.

• 2 weeks later...

I cant seem to find any of the Depend fitted maximum protection-medium or large-at my local walmart. their website also makes no mention of the being available in stores anymore, but you can order them off the website. Has walmart stopped carrying them??

I think I have our answer!

I was back at walmart today and again no fitted maximum protection but i notice some bags that look similar with the name Protection with Tabs. Sure enough they have been renamed yet again. So...

Depend Fitted Maximum Protection is now Protection with Tabs. Same thing, new name.