LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

"Is It A Good Idea To Microwave A Diaper?"

I do not think microwaving a new diaper would do anything until it caught on fire, but definitely do not attempt with a wet and/or messy diaper.

Obviously, if you put a highly flammable substance in the microwave for 5 minutes, the odds that it lights on fire are large. Would it light on fire after 30s, probably not. I wished they told us the time at which it lighted on fire. Still, it is probably not a good idea anyway.

I really want to see a wet one microwaved, not so much a messy one as that is just nasty. Also it should be a plastic backed one.

I am wondering with it being wet would it explode? They really should try it, sure not a good idea, but most of the stuff they microwave is not a good idea to do so.

The diaper must have been at least slightly wet (with water I assume :P).

I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think a microwave oven would heat up a completely dry diaper no matter how long you left it in there because microwaves work by exciting water and fat molecules, thereby heating them (through friction) so at least one part of the diaper had to be damp to start the heating to ignite the fire.

They work by agitating certain molecules Autie, but you can nuke a CD and all the silvery stuff will burst off in a shower of sparks, no harm to the microwave. Besides, anything that's hydrophyllic (like diaper stuffing) would absorb at least a little water straight out of the air.

A diaper has the wrong plastic on it, so the plastic would melt. And the rest would soon burn after if left in there long enough.

^^^ That's enough proof.

• 4 months later...