LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Store Pricing

Finally found the time to go diaper shopping today. Not the usual run to Walmart for a bag of Depends. This time I made the rounds of some local medical supply stores here in the western suburbs of Chicago. In addition to Attends and some unmarked choices I managed to find Tena Super and Ultras at one store and Molicares at another. That was the good news.

The bad news - every one of these was selling for $30.00USD or more. Am I in an expensive market or just cheap?

$30 does sound expensive. In Canada they go for about $20-$23. Traditionally Canadian prices are higher than US prices which is wrong since the CDN dollar is higher than the USD (grrrrr)...okay getting off topic. Look around some more since that does seem a bit high, however I am not an expert in US diaper prices.

BBoy (living in Canada but no where near the riot zone called Vancouver)

$30 does sound expensive. In Canada they go for about $20-$23. Traditionally Canadian prices are higher than US prices which is wrong since the CDN dollar is higher than the USD (grrrrr)...okay getting off topic. Look around some more since that does seem a bit high, however I am not an expert in US diaper prices.

BBoy (living in Canada but no where near the riot zone called Vancouver)

LoL! Off topic but i wouldn't want to be close to that riot in vancouver :P

For now New-Brunswick is fine until i finish my studies! Nice to meet a fellow New-brunswicker. (francais or english?)

On topic now, yeah that's really expensive for a bag ... i pay around what BBoy stated above. I would keep searching if i were you.

Necros!~

Yep, surgical supply stores are usually expensive suppliers. It seems that the closer one gets to items covered by medical insurance, the more expensive they get. I get most of my stuff "mailorder". It is cheaper and the selection is better.

^Froggy is right, at the stores Diapers cost more, for insurance, and for convenience, its diapers you dont have to wait for. Order online and save lots, or look at thrift stores. I found Mollicares at a goodwill once, but you will see more generic/cheap brands at thrift stores too.

Thanks, everyone, for your replies. At least part of my question was rhetorical as I am cheap :blush: but I was sincerely shocked at the prices I saw.

I would love to mail order but that method simply is not practical for my situation. So I will continue to shop around and hope to do better, at least price-wise, in the future.