LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Ab/Dl Mud "After Dark"

Hello,

As some of you may know, we've been running the AB/DL MUD for over 7 years now. In that seven years, we have had many different styles of RP come and go through the game, and while everyone's participation is appreciated, we have decided to open up a new, approval-restricted port of the AB/DL MUD.

The purpose of this new MUD is to cater to the more mature, serious RP'ers in the community who may be dissuaded to play on the original MUD due to it's seeming lack of realism or deep Role Play potential. It is also set up to deal with more mature subjects that we do not allow (because of lack of age verification) on the main MUD port.

If you are interested in a more mature, theme-controlled RP experience, please look at the site at http://www.abmud.com/afterdark/ to review our expectations, rules, and to apply for a character on the game.

I will be more than willing to answer any questions anyone might have about this new version of the MUD, and I wish to press upon the fact that the verification process is not to be exclusionary, but to instead control the theme and maturity of the game in such a way as to enhance the experience for those who wish to go this extra mile and play in a more character-rich environment.

Thank you, and I hope some of you enjoy the new version.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm VERY interested, but I must ask, what exactly IS a 'MUD'? I understand it's essentially a large RP, but I don't know how it works, at all, I've yet to lay eyes firsthand on one. Is it just run through a browser? Is it possible to go private with people if necessary? Is there an obligation to be on frequently?

I'm VERY interested, but I must ask, what exactly IS a 'MUD'? I understand it's essentially a large RP, but I don't know how it works, at all, I've yet to lay eyes firsthand on one. Is it just run through a browser? Is it possible to go private with people if necessary? Is there an obligation to be on frequently?

Let me tackle these one at a time...

A MUD (or MUSH as this may technically be called) is a text-based Roleplaying Environment, which is to say, we provide the props, you make the play. If you've ever experienced a text-based adventure game, or a point and click adventure (ala King's Quest or Myst or whatever) it's a lot like that, where you can interact with the world via items and commands, as well as with other players via descriptions of your actions and what your character would say.

It isn't played in a browser, and must be accessed via a MUD client (such programs as MUSHClient or zMUD) which is basically an enhanced telnet client.

It is totally possible to go private with people, as there are many rooms and you get your own personal 'apartment' in the game where you can be secluded from the rest of the population if needed. As for obligation, there isn't anything saying you have to show up every day or whatever, it's really up to how much you want to play, when you can play, and whether or not you make it an obligation on your own.

Does that answer it all?

I'd say so, but how hard is it to use these clients? Are they easy to get to grips with?

Usually, yes, unless you start using all of the extra features like Triggers and Aliases. Those are neccessary unless you want to use them, though, so you needn't worry too much about them.

Basically, what you would need to do is download one of the clients listed above (I suggest MUSHClient), and then go to File->New World. It will ask you to load from an existing world and say 'No'. Then for the Host name you put in the server name that you get upon character approval, and the port which you will also receive. Then connect, and a black box will appear. That's your game window, and the white box at the bottom is where you enter what you want to send to the game.