LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Boosters Vs Baby Diapers

Ok, I have tried cheap baby sized diapers before as a booster, and also various pads ect.

Can anyone compare a quality baby diaper to a Boost pad or something? I hear the good (pampers?) are great compared to the average adult diaper, if you consider the size ratio.

I've used both and honestly there's not much difference. Boosters are a little more comfortable for me because they're actually meant to be put in a diaper, although baby diapers do fit decently to your body as well inside a larger adult diaper.

As far as absorbancy goes, I think baby diapers are way more absorbent than boosters, but they're also more expensive.

If it's any indication, I'm wearing a store brand with a size 6 pampers cruiser right now :P

Can anyone compare a quality baby diaper to a Boost pad or something?

I've tried both and boosters are the way to go. Ultimately, baby diapers as stuffers can work but something that's purpose-designed is always going to be more effective, if more expensive. Baby diapers are of course designed to keep pee in, not let it flow into the underlying diaper so you have to make holes. That lets SAP/gel out which can be messy if the holes are too big and the diaper floods and overflows if the holes aren't big enough. Also, you have to prep them by trimming the tapes, etc.

Boosters without any plastic backing are just massively more convenient, especially ones with sticky strips to keep them from shifting around. They're also typically bigger than baby diapers used stuffers and absorb more. The key is to get a stuffer with the right balance between pulp and SAP. Too much SAP and it'll be squishy and uncomfortable well before the main diaper needs changing, too much pulp and they won't absorb much. IMO, Abena's boosters have too much pulp and not enough SAP. Bambino's newest booster (Total Dry, I think) is pretty darn good :)

The best way I have found - requires some work - is pamperchu method (I think that is his screen name). Anyway, you strip down a pampers size 7, pull apart the adult diaper, put the size 7 on the inside and the diaper reseals itself. The pampers design shows through the plastic so it looks cute and works extremely well. He did some videos on how to do this. I wish I could find them to post here and give him credit.

EDIT: Ah ha! I found his site and his videos: http://squeek.homedns.org/ - Go to his ab/dl videos section.

What ryan87 and AutieAB have said. I have used Diaper Doublers (brand name) for actual baby diapers and you can get them at Babies-R-Us for about $3 to $4 a package of 30. Yes, they are thin but even if you use 2 of them in your diaper they add to the capacity and are more comfortable and less bulky than a disposable baby diaper. It's all about personal prefernce. Even when Depend Boost were available (they were a booster pad for inside diapers) I didn't care a lot for them because when they swelled up they pinched my nuts! You can get bigger booster pads for adult diapers and I think WallMart had them at one time or another. Yes, the ones with the adhesive strip for sticking to your diaper and holding it in place are probably the best. Keep in mind that a diaper should be changed when it reaches capacity. Some people like the totally soaked feeling of their diaper and using a baby diaper as an insert will allow them to keep their diaper on longer before changing without leaks. Booster pads will increase capacity and allow you some extra time before having to change, but booster pads aren't miricle makers! They help but sooner or later that diaper will need to be changed!

I find baby diapers work better for me as booster pads in my adult diapers at night.

baby diapers especially the over night ones like Huggies over nights or Pampers extra protection are more absorbent then most of the

booster pads I have used.

I still use a poise or Tena pad in my protective under wear during the day time.

:smiley-baby-boy: