LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The Most Annoying Advert On The Earth....?

Lanthey

Christmas was sooo busy that I recorded a ton of things off the TV to watch at a later date.... Have been watching some things today and have discovered the most annoying advert in the world....

It's played every add break every other advert..... Luckily I remembered I can fast forward TV I've recoded..... (duh) Otherwise I fear my head would have exploded.

It is annoying when ANY commercial/advert is played over and over! In the US, I'm sure anyone who watches sports on TV will attest to how the same ads appear over and over within the same broadcast. It may put that product in your mind, but when it's in my mind it's only as an annoyance!

haha...maybe THIS is the time to pull out your smartphone and connect! (direct contradiction of what I just posted in response to the thread on smartphones):rolleyes:

The lack of commercial variety in the US really bothers me. Each company only makes one commercial per product anymore, and they show it over and over again.

Commercials for prescription medicine should be banned, if you needed that particular drug your doctor would have you on it. Also, commercials for "ED" drugs should not be shown before 11:00PM. Do you want to explain to a 5 year old what an erection is? I know I don't and frankly I'm surprised that parents have allowed it to go on for this long.

Commercials for "check your credit score" are a complete scam. By law each US citizen is entitled to one free report per year from each of the 3 major credit bureaus, so run one every 4 months. You don't need to check your score more often than that.

Commercials for online universities are also crap. A huge percentage of these for-profit colleges aren't even accredited, so any degree you get from them won't do you a bit of good.

The people really need to push congress for a "Standards in Advertising" act to get this garbage off of TV.

• Like 2

I don't know if they still air it (I hope for the sake of the UK populace that they don't :lol:) but the ad that always made me want to throw the nearest heavy object through the screen was this one.

Just to let you know, it's bloody awful. Don't watch it then complain 'cos I'm not making you click! :lol:

I don't know if they still air it (I hope for the sake of the UK populace that they don't :lol:) but the ad that always made me want to throw the nearest heavy object through the screen was this one.

Just to let you know, it's bloody awful. Don't watch it then complain 'cos I'm not making you click! :lol:

ICK!!! Totally forgot about that one!! >_<

It is annoying when ANY commercial/advert is played over and over! In the US, I'm sure anyone who watches sports on TV will attest to how the same ads appear over and over within the same broadcast. It may put that product in your mind, but when it's in my mind it's only as an annoyance!

haha...maybe THIS is the time to pull out your smartphone and connect! (direct contradiction of what I just posted in response to the thread on smartphones):rolleyes:

It's worse when they appear multiple times DURING THE SAME COMMERCIAL BREAK... And nowadays, almost every commercial is paired with another one for the same product/company! So, you get to suffer though Flo's idiocy back-to-back... It really sucks for those of us who can't afford tivo or DVRs...

Also, weren't they supposed to pass a law banning commercials from jacking up the volume?

It's worse when they appear multiple times DURING THE SAME COMMERCIAL BREAK... And nowadays, almost every commercial is paired with another one for the same product/company! So, you get to suffer though Flo's idiocy back-to-back... It really sucks for those of us who can't afford tivo or DVRs...

Also, weren't they supposed to pass a law banning commercials from jacking up the volume?

You are SOOOOOOOO right! You set the volume to listen to a show and all of a sudden a commercial comes on and blasts you out of your seat!:badmood:

If "they" is the legislature of the US, then yes, they were and they did. Look up the CALM Act. Doesn't come into force until December this year though, unfortunately.

I tivo everything I watch therefore I don't see commercials. The commercial I hated most was for free credit report .com. Before their welcomed demise they were running 4 or five versions 24/7 on all channels. These ads were amusing 5 years ago but like "who wants to be a millionaire" the networks and cable ran it into the ground.

Now they have started the same with Ben whats his face, the guy who does Dirty Jobs. I mean really, do we have to endure him twice during the commercial break?

Anondl

I tivo everything I watch therefore I don't see commercials. The commercial I hated most was for free credit report .com. Before their welcomed demise they were running 4 or five versions 24/7 on all channels. These ads were amusing 5 years ago but like "who wants to be a millionaire" the networks and cable ran it into the ground.

Now they have started the same with Ben whats his face, the guy who does Dirty Jobs. I mean really, do we have to endure him twice during the commercial break?

Anondl

You're thinking of Mike Rowe. Apart from Dirty Jobs and all of those commercials, he also does narration for a few different shows.

Ben Stein also does a credit report commercial, though. He once had his own game show, has voiced a number of dull cartoon characters, and is the the Visine eye drop commercial guy. Personally, I'd rather listen to Mike Rowe.

To anyone who complains about commercials, that's why God invented remote controls

The problem with that is 2-fold:

1: Muting commercials can sometimes lead to one ending up muting an entire section of the show that you were trying to watch.

2: Channel surfing during commercial breaks is am even more risky a way to miss out on a good part of the show you were trying to watch. This' especially true when the breaks are always of different lengths. It also exacerbates the "what the hell happened before the commercials so rudely interrupted the show?!" effect caused by extended commercial breaks. Especially if you're trying to watch a movie (but, that's what you get for trying to watch movies on non-commercial-free channels [and yes, there are commercial-free movie channels, like Encore]).