LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Daily Diapers Diaper Reviews

Ok, here's the scoop. To make DailyDi's life easier, and to make a contribution where I can, I've been working on a new system for handling diaper reviews.

What's so great about this new system? Well, currently DailyDi has to hand edit every review page to approve reviews. This means it is slow, easy to make a mistake in the HTML, and all around inconvenient.

What does the new system offer?

Users can add manufacturers, brand names, and specific products that aren't in the system yet.

Users can submit reviews, pictures, and links to the system.

The administrator can read a review, look at a link, or view a picture, and with a single click it is added to the new page.

The administrator can edit reviews and links where necessary, and with a single click, they are updated.

This will mean DailyDi will have more time to... spend doing whatever it is that he does. It will mean when people write reviews, they will make it to the site faster than before.

So what can you do to help?

I need some testers!

It will only be a few minutes of your time.

I will provide people with a short list of tasks to complete, and a set of questions to fill out about their experience using the software with the intent of using feedback to improve the software. As the program is not extremely large, these tasks will be fairly simple, but I do need some people to help out.

Either post here or drop me a private message. When I'm ready and I have instructions written up, I'll send people instructions and questions.

Thanks much, and please take this opportunity to help out the site.

(as a note, I do intend on transfering all the old reviews over to the new system, once it is all finished, for anyone who is curious.)

I am attaching a text file with instructions here. Anyone interested, please save file, then save and follow the directions in it. Thank you all very much.

I will be doing more testing after this first round, so if you're reading this and are still interested, there will be more to do later too.

I will be dropping a PM to everyone here who expressed interest.

Did you fill out the form?

Apparently I need to make the message larger that notifies you that an administrator needs to view and approve the links, pictures, and reviews that you submit.

Apparently I need to make the message larger that notifies you that an administrator needs to view and approve the links, pictures, and reviews that you submit.

oh... i saw that but i thought that was just saying that and because it was a test it would automatically put it up. oops\

obviously no i didnt fill out the form....everything worked except what i prevously posted about.

I filled out every thing needed to review. Is there another form you want us to fill outt for testing results?

Just answer the questions in the file with the instructions and send it to me.

Based on the feedback I've been getting, I have to rework a few things.... possibly include a feature or two that I hadn't considered before... we'll see. I'll get back on things in a few minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

Sure , give me a day or 2 :)

Yeah... I got to get my stuff together too before I'll have things for people to do... also want to wait and see if I get some more responses here.

• 4 weeks later...
Morv, I haven't forgotten . It's just that this last 2 weeks I have been cleaning up a rental prop that I just sold and the prvious tentants left tons of useless stuff. Also, I was asked to look after SissyKiss.com while christieLuv recovers from illness. First time for me and I wanted not to screw up :P
  • 3 weeks later...

No problem. I think I have it to a point where it is functional and can be moved into operation. With the structure of the program, making changes to it after it is set up will be very easy -- just a matter of modifying the program, making sure it works, and replacing the code that is currently running.

I've just finished the final touches to make it "fully operational" on both an administrative and a user end. I'm going to transfer all the reviews currently on the DD site into it, then talk to DailyDi about getting it set up here.

I've been busy switching jobs and doing training for the newest one, so I've been kinda outta it too. Had a birthday back there a couple of weeks too, and that kinda put a halt to this portion of my personal life.

But, never fear! I'm alive, and still out here. Just have a lot to do.

• 1 month later...

Ok, here's the scoop. To make DailyDi's life easier, and to make a contribution where I can, I've been working on a new system for handling diaper reviews.

What's so great about this new system? Well, currently DailyDi has to hand edit every review page to approve reviews. This means it is slow, easy to make a mistake in the HTML, and all around inconvenient.

What does the new system offer?

Users can add manufacturers, brand names, and specific products that aren't in the system yet.

Users can submit reviews, pictures, and links to the system.

The administrator can read a review, look at a link, or view a picture, and with a single click it is added to the new page.

The administrator can edit reviews and links where necessary, and with a single click, they are updated.

This will mean DailyDi will have more time to... spend doing whatever it is that he does. It will mean when people write reviews, they will make it to the site faster than before.

So what can you do to help?

I need some testers!

It will only be a few minutes of your time.

I will provide people with a short list of tasks to complete, and a set of questions to fill out about their experience using the software with the intent of using feedback to improve the software. As the program is not extremely large, these tasks will be fairly simple, but I do need some people to help out.

Either post here or drop me a private message. When I'm ready and I have instructions written up, I'll send people instructions and questions.

Thanks much, and please take this opportunity to help out the site.

(as a note, I do intend on transfering all the old reviews over to the new system, once it is all finished, for anyone who is curious.)

would love to help what do you need from me?

• 2 weeks later...

A time machine.

The new system is up. Contact DailyDi or me if you find any bugs or have any suggestions. There's more features planned for the future, but right now my life is keeping me very busy.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the new diaper review section. One thing that could be improved is an easy way to find the new reviews. For instance, in today's update there are 7 new reviews, but one has no way of knowing which diapers have been reviewed. Please check to see if this can be added.

Thank you,

CDL

• 2 weeks later...

It can be... or something along those lines.

*starts mumbling to self* Just a few date fields for each review, one for submitted, one for approved... *stops mumbling and looks up*

I just gotta get around to finding some time to make a few changes. I got a couple other suggestions I plan on working in too. Keep the ideas flowing. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I'm sorry Morv - but this system is terrible. Its unclear, unorganized (theres seems to be multiple entries for the same diapers) and as stated above - you have no idea if anythings been updated - when reviews have been added - or a clear idea how they rate.

Lets take the No.1 diaper -Abri X-Plus for example - theres 3 entries on the list - and the main Abri-Form Category not only hold X-Plus - but seemingly all other types of Abri-Form diapers, when it would be useful to sub categorise the Super, Extra and X-Plus.

Suggestions:

As Everyone recognises Manufacturers, why not start with those?

Under Each Manufacturer would list all the type of diapers they make - and if needed you could sub category types - such as pull-ups, all-in ones or stuffers.

Reviews should be chronologically listed and show an entry date.

The 'Comfort' 'capacity' etc scores are not actually of any use - why not drop them down to one or two to make grading easier.

Latest updates page - on the reviews index why not have quicklinks listing of the newest reviews - or even a Top Ten list - showing the diapers with the highest scores?

Thumbnails of packaging would also be nice under the Manufacturer > Type > product list to more easily view them.

DP

• 1 month later...

I wouldn't go so far as to say the system is terrible, but it does need some work. It definately needs some way to show what has been updated/added recently. There are also lots of dups appearing--blank dups--which is wierd. I'm not sure if someone is approving the addition of new items, but if not, then perhaps someone should.

Is there anything I can do to help?

• 1 month later...

I agree it needs work. I must apologize. I've been busy the past six or eight months. Work has been 50 to 65 hours a week on third shift. It took me a several months for my body to adjust to it. I've been apathetic, and it some masochistic way, reveling in the lovely throes of alcholism -- yay. The up side, I'm smart enough and have enough will power to keep it from interefering with my job. The downside -- I'm drunk when I'm not working. Will I kick it? Can I control myself? I dunno.

I know that the review system needs some changes and updates. Consider it a good sign that I'm at least reading these boards again.

Sometime in January I think I'll make time to give reviews dates, so you'll be able to tell what was updated when. The review categories are simply opnion -- I don't plan on dissing those. I also will get around to doing a highlighting of every other line to make for easier reading.

And as far as "Everyone recognizes manufacturers" -- I think not. Many are obscure and many are probably incorrect because it is not clear who the manufacturers are of some products.

Highest scores, a good idea.