LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Horror Movies

There's a good Maniac that came out in the 70's, it has Tom Savini in it and he did the special effects... pretty gruesome too

Yeah I know, I have it actually. Quite nice little film, and the gore is fine, fine, yes sirree!! Nice scalpings :P But wasn`t it released in 1980?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, yes. Horror films.

I couldn't help but notice the posts earlier mentioning 28 Days Later and Hostel. ...they're both horrible! In the age of zombie movies that is today, 28 days later pales in comparison to the better movies like Resident Evil and Dawn of the Dead. And Hostel...wow. I thought a film produced by Tarantino was destined to be a masterpiece, but I'd forgotten that Eli Roth's last film (Cabin Fever) was a total failure. I'd heard that Hostel was the "scariest movie of the year," and that it's super graphic, yadayadayada. But it's just not. The most frantic scenes are already given away in the previews, and the rest of the film is just predictable puffery. I normally make it a point to make copies of any film that I rent, but Hostel didn't even deserve to collect dust amongst the hundreds of other films on my shelves.

The Ring. Now there's great horror film. I don't care who you are, everybody was freaked out during at least 3 scenes in that movie.

Well, the remake of Ring is pretty much crappedy crap, but in my opinion that is not the case with the original, easily one of the eeriest horrorfilms ever made. Haven`t seen Resident Evil, not going to either, since the idea of making any type of film based on a videogame(!!!) must spell disaster. And by the way, I highly doubt it if Resident Evil "pales in comparison" to 28 Days Later, which was a nice little film indeed. I don`t know Jason85, if you were talking about the remake of Dawn of the Dead or not, but that film certainly stinks bigtime compared to the original. Pamperman, enjoyed greatly The Devils Rejects, one gritty bastard of a film!! House of A Thousand Corpses smelt too much of buffoonery, "funny" antics, and TCM-ass-kissing. The Devils Rejects had the right feeling of parched and dusty hopelessness in my opinion, and of course the TCM-influences were there as well, but that film stood on its own feet none the less.

• 1 month later...

I love horror movies. What I like best though are the ones that are so bad that they are good. Some of my favorites would include; 2000 Maniac's, Motel Hell, Moster Man, Nightmare In A Damaged Brain, The Stink Of Flesh, My Little Eye, To Become One, Last House On The Left, I'll Bury You Tomorow, Lich, Head Cherleader Dead Cherleader, Silent Hill, Braindead, Dolly Dearest, The Child, Axe. Ok you get the idea the worse they are the more I like them.

Some nice films you are mentioning there Mikey is a Girl! Last House on the Left and Motel Hell are excellent horror, Nightmare in a Damaged Brain has some nice decapitation-scenes, but the film in itself is a bit tedious in my opinion. My Little Eye and Braindead are also horror-goodies, but I have to ask: Did you really enjoy 2000 Maniacs?! I remember I saw a trailer of it once, and I became curious, but when I managed to procure a copy of it; damn, what a total letdown!! Probably the worst, most talentless piece of crap I have ever seen!! The same goes for Blood Feast, Herschell Gordon Lewis is an unforgivable, reprehensible moron. Haven`t seen any of the other films you mentioned though. By the way; when you were saying "the worse" horrorfilms are, "the more you like them", were you referring to the potential turkey-factor in the films, or did you mean "worse" as in more terrifying, more gory, bloody etc ? Just curious. Anyway, welcome to the site, and the thread, about time someone came and blew some life in it again! Cheers! :beer: Hail Horror Hail!

I have to ask: Did you really enjoy 2000 Maniacs?! I remember I saw a trailer of it once, and I became curious, but when I managed to procure a copy of it; damn, what a total letdown!! Probably the worst, most talentless piece of crap I have ever seen!!

By the way; when you were saying "the worse" horrorfilms are, "the more you like them", were you referring to the potential turkey-factor in the films, or did you mean "worse" as in more terrifying, more gory, bloody etc ? Just curious. Anyway, welcome to the site, and the thread, about time someone came and blew some life in it again! Cheers! :beer: Hail Horror Hail!

Yes I really liked 2000 Maniacs, TBH it's one of my favorites.

I was refering to the turkey-factor, but I do also find excessive gore amusing at times.

• 1 year later...

My all time horror movie has to be "The Queens Speach" (joking) i dont think i have a favourite horror because they never really scare me. But i thought hannable lecture was good and saw 1,2 and 3 were enjoyable. cant wait for 4th one to come out this year