LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Pull Ups & Goodnites

Back when I was an actual toddler,

Disposable Diapers were more of a luxury.

They were used for special occasions like going to Grandma's house.

And back then, if kids were not potty trained and out of any kind of diapers by 18 months old,

Mothers were shamed by family and everyone else that made it their business...

Then us kids were shamed by our parents.

I wore thick terry cloth training pants.

And accidents meant spankings, and humiliation.

Then they wonder why some of us are "damaged goods" later in life.

At least, this was the experience I've had and shared with others my age.

And gawd forbid if you had a pacifier in your mouth.

So I'm just wondering if Pull Ups ® and GoodNites ® would of been accepted or shunned in the 50's, 60's and 70's

I guess I just must be a little envious of kids in this generation as well as recent ones.

Later potty training seems to be more accepted with the creation of these products.

At least they seem to have a little "padding" (pun intended) between potty training and "growing up".

....Then they wonder why some of us are "damaged goods" later in life....

....I guess I just must be a little envious of kids in this generation as well as recent ones....

This is the real problem of being in a "society" :oYou get pushed into things by people who don't realize or don't know what they are really doing :( The answer is for all to be brave enough to withstand social pressure and to shun all who seek to pressure others to be like them because 'they are normal' :P Society will advance only when the majority of people learn this lesson and it's not going to happen anytime soon :angry2: Until we all learn to accept human diversity we are all getting screwed over- and when we try to go forward without accepting that diversity we just make things worse :drive1:Lead people- including children- onto the right path; do not push them where you want them to go lest it all backfire on you which it most certainly will! Haven't we, as a human society, learned that simple lesson by now?

As someone who had 'accidents' well into my teens without protection, I suffered the ridicule and wrath of this society firsthand :bash: I too am somewhat jealous that today's kids have the help I needed so badly back then. Balancing that is my perception that because of profit-mongering marketing, many kids who could make better progress with potty training aren't doing that :screwy: They are being conned into getting their parents to buy those good-looking training pants because they're being programmed into thinking that these are normal and that this 'normal' is good :badmood: Still, for those kids who really need them they are a blessing. I just wish they'd get the commercialization and profit-mongering out of the picture and concentrate on helping children as best they can instead B)

Today I'm wearing every day what is essentially the adult version of these for the same reason- small accidents I can't help :rolleyes: It is a comfort that I am glad for. It makes my life so much better that I can't really describe it's effect. I am a calmer, better, more caring, and more confident person than I was when I was trying to stay dry without any help or much luck in doing that. I now have a chance for a decent life and so do today's kids- that's got to be a good thing :thumbsup:

Bettypooh

• Like 1