LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Iud And Diapers?

My wife just returned from her visit to the doctor to have her IUD put in and asked me a question i didnt have the answer for.She asked if i knew if it was OK to still wear diapers as a female with an IUD in.While i think it probably is OK i realized i didnt have the answer.Anyone here know for sure?

My wife just returned from her visit to the doctor to have her IUD put in and asked me a question i didnt have the answer for.She asked if i knew if it was OK to still wear diapers as a female with an IUD in.While i think it probably is OK i realized i didnt have the answer.Anyone here know for sure?

Our local hospital has a hotline to call for ?s maybe yours does too....I'd use a payphone or a friends phone LOL

This is def a good question as I wondered this myself. I searched the net and didnt find anything regarding diapers. But did find an IUD can cause UTIs and stress incontinence. I would maybe call a pharmacy . Its discrete and you dont have to give a name. They usually have a lot of info of things like that. I am thinking just like anything ,things will have to stay clean. Cause not staying clean can cause UTIs in a woman or bacteria infections inside and since the IUD is in place your more susceptible to that any ways,even with out diapers. I guess this all depends on what she uses the diapers for also . Cause a messy diaper compare to just a wet one is introducing more bacteria to that area. Hope I could help a little. :)

This is def a good question as I wondered this myself. I searched the net and didnt find anything regarding diapers. But did find an IUD can cause UTIs and stress incontinence. I would maybe call a pharmacy . Its discrete and you dont have to give a name. They usually have a lot of info of things like that. I am thinking just like anything ,things will have to stay clean. Cause not staying clean can cause UTIs in a woman or bacteria infections inside and since the IUD is in place your more susceptible to that any ways,even with out diapers. I guess this all depends on what she uses the diapers for also . Cause a messy diaper compare to just a wet one is introducing more bacteria to that area. Hope I could help a little. :)

Diapers are fine with an IUD. IUD = intra-uterine device - meaning this thing is pretty far removed from the diaper. The vagina is already a non-sterile space, and diapers are not going to change that one way or the other - and it doesn't matter anyhow since your device is in the uterus.

IUDs are not big on causing UTI, though pelvic inflammatory disease (usually from an STD) is associated with them. Again though, nothing to do with diapers.

I guess I was just going with the many post and forums I saw online about the UTI and IUD,I never had one placed so couldn't tell you. Thats why alot of times they say pee after sex. Also a womans vagina can get bateria infection Bacterial vaginosis or yeast infections from feces and other bacterias introduced to the body. The bacteria can get inside no matter. Why is it you can get pregnant even if the sperm is on the outside. It does go in. Yes a woman has a natural flushing system. I would say as long as she doesnt not mess the diaper then there is a lesser chance of getting an infection. Again I would ask the DR or a pharmacy about this. I cant say I am 100% sure on any of this. I say about the infection cause ,I am sure with a IUD you want to stay clear of infections as much as possible.

Yes, of course bacteria could get into the uterus through the cervical os. Just saying that it is not likely to occur from a diaper. Also, it is not UTI that IUDs are associated with - it is pelvic inflammatory disease - this is very different from a UTI. You can very rarely have Toxic shock syndrome.

It is basically a myth that IUD cause UTI - it is true you could get recurrent UTI from an IUD, but that is not the same thing. I think outside of packing your vagina with feces, it is pretty remote that you will get an infected IUD from a diaper (also note that IUD infections are pretty rare after they have been in for 20 days).

I guess I was just going with the many post and forums I saw online about the UTI and IUD,I never had one placed so couldn't tell you. Thats why alot of times they say pee after sex. Also a womans vagina can get bateria infection Bacterial vaginosis or yeast infections from feces and other bacterias introduced to the body. The bacteria can get inside no matter. Why is it you can get pregnant even if the sperm is on the outside. It does go in. Yes a woman has a natural flushing system. I would say as long as she doesnt not mess the diaper then there is a lesser chance of getting an infection. Again I would ask the DR or a pharmacy about this. I cant say I am 100% sure on any of this. I say about the infection cause ,I am sure with a IUD you want to stay clear of infections as much as possible.