LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Sister Wives

A little background for those of you who do not know of this show or what it's about. Sister Wives is a show recently airing on TLC about the life of a polygamist family living in Lehi, Utah, with Kody Brown (husband), his three wives (Mari, Janelle, Christine) and their and his 13 children. Kody eventually wants to and does marry a fourth wife Robyn who has 3 children from a previous polygamist marriage. This is where the diaper boxes are first seen during Robyn's move into her new home.

I have an eye for this sort of thing, I noticed them right away. They were adult diaper boxes she was moving with. Not all of them but quite a few. You can see them in episode 3 and 7. They were never portrayed as a diaper box and diapers were never mentioned but I know what they are. The reason I know they are is the shape of the box, the number 3/24 with a letter either M, R, L, XL under it. It's printed on the upper left corner on all sides and has handle cut outs on the ends of the box. No diapers were ever scene and I'm guessing being that I've seen all sizes except S, that it'd be safe to say nobody likely wears them but I wonder how they got the boxes then? I'm just guessing but I think they may be attends diaper boxes. The "size" letter is printed with a larger black circle and the letter is box color. I think I've received some attends with a box like this but not 100% sure.

There are quite a few shots with the boxes in them and the 7th episode also showed them in the garage of Robyn's new house. From what I can tell, she doesn't wear them as she was wearing tight white pants and again, boxes of all different diaper sizes. Mari, as I found out, worked in the "mental health industry" but not sure in exactly what so she may have been the one to get the boxes. Kody is in advertising sales and Janelle I believe works in some type of law office or something and Christine doesn't work. I'm not sure of Robyn's job and she is the one who had the boxes.

Anyway, I know it's kind of not a diaper reference but just an observation that they were moving with diaper boxes. I honestly believe with the range of diaper sizes on the boxes, no one wears them in the family. That is of course unless they all do. :rolleyes: The only way that'd happen is if more than one did which would be unlikely but I guess two of the wives have had 6 children each and one of the wives was pregnant and delivered on the show??? I don't know, doubt it but just thought I'd share my find.

Often when moving, people will go to the grocery store to request boxes for moving, and you will get all manner of boxes (which would certainly explain the variance in size).

Then again, after 3 kids, I wouldn't be surprised if she was incontinent and goes from xl to medium after giving birth and loosing baby weight. But really the grocery store thing is more likely.

I have a relative who worked with children that had developmental issues B) When they moved there were a lot of boxes that came from incontinence products :lol: No quality stuff though- the poor kids had to make do with whatever the company could afford :rolleyes: Yeah, you get boxes wherever you can so don't read something into the script that ain't there :screwy:

Bettypooh

Often when moving, people will go to the grocery store to request boxes for moving, and you will get all manner of boxes (which would certainly explain the variance in size).

Then again, after 3 kids, I wouldn't be surprised if she was incontinent and goes from xl to medium after giving birth and loosing baby weight. But really the grocery store thing is more likely.

I worked for a grocery store for years and I know these wouldn't have come from there. Cereal, apple, paper product boxes all great for moving and you can get from a grocery store but these would be a tough find I'm sure of it in a grocery store setting. Mainly because they wouldn't carry that range in size and that type of case. It's pretty hard to even find a drug store that has cases ranging in M, R, L, and XL especially diapers that come in a case of 3 packs of 24. The Regular size "R" is what leads me to believe they had to get them from an actual medical supply store (different than drug store like CVS) or someone in the family works for such a place. Regular is a pretty uncommon size. To be discretely labeled like that is pretty unnusual.

I'm just saying the it's odd they have the boxes and more curious than anything as to how they obtained them and the fact I noticed them was just stiking to see them. Kinda caught me off gaurd like "hey, those are diaper boxes, what's up with that"?

I know it wasn't written into the script that way and further more, it's a reality show.

As a professional mover, I see a lot of diaper boxes used by customers. Tena are the most popular ones, usually obtained for hospitals or drug stores.

This makes perfect sense. Diapers are heavy and bulky hence the boxes they come in are big and strong - perfect moving boxes.

Anyway, I saw some of that Sister Wives catchup/interview show the other night and there was a shot of them packing the moving van fairly near the start. I paid closer attention but there really didn't seem to be anything that screamed 'adult diapers' about them to me. Sure, they had 'S', 'M' and 'L' type markings but you can buy 'special' moving boxes in a variety of sizes from storage places - I'm sure they're size marked too so they could just as easily have been that sort of thing.

This makes perfect sense. Diapers are heavy and bulky hence the boxes they come in are big and strong - perfect moving boxes.

Anyway, I saw some of that Sister Wives catchup/interview show the other night and there was a shot of them packing the moving van fairly near the start. I paid closer attention but there really didn't seem to be anything that screamed 'adult diapers' about them to me. Sure, they had 'S', 'M' and 'L' type markings but you can buy 'special' moving boxes in a variety of sizes from storage places - I'm sure they're size marked too so they could just as easily have been that sort of thing.

All the boxes were the nearly the same physical size though, very small variation if any AND they had 3/24 printed above the size which is a very popular count for diapers.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the local nursing homes was run by friends of the family. Whenever we needed a large box for storage, they'd just pull the bag of diapers out of the boxes and give us said boxes. I grew up with 3 giant Attends boxes in my room, filled with toys and books. My mom actually thought it was weird that I didn't wanna use the boxes when moving into the dorms at collage.

As to the show: I refuse to support polygamists, so I avoid watching it. Shame on TLC for allowing such a show.