LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Interstitial Cystitis/ Painful Bladder Syndrome

Hey guys Im 23 years old I haven't been able to find any real topic on this one so I thought I would start a new post here. I was wondering if anyone here suffers from Interstitial Cystitis which is also know as Painful Bladder Syndrome. I believe this is the cause of my regular pain in my pelvic region that I experience through out most days. I don't know to much about Interstitial Cystitis, but I do know this is a chronic problem which mostly effects woman. The definition of this is chronic inflammation of the bladder wall causing one to go frequently and urgently. accompanied by frequent pain as the bladder fills or empties or just pain at times. Which would cause discomfort in the pelvic region. Trust me if you have this issue you know what im talking about. Anyways Im quit new to this I'm currently seeing doctors for incontinence and other things as well. However right now my doctors are looking into interstitial Cystitis while ruling out other things. I don't have any UTI according to my doctor and I don't have testicular distortion ether. Anyways Love to hear back from someone who might be suffering from this condition. Look forward to talking

-Thanks

Sean

UTIs come and go, normally they are not a cause for concern, though men who get them frequently should get looked at because there may be something else causing it, women it's extremely common due to anatomy so it's rare for it to even be looked at by a doctor unless there are other complications. As for the diagnosis they are looking into with you, I know little about it either, though it sounds like it would be a symptom caused by something else, not an actual condition. Either way though, as long as they are actually looking at it then you're in good hands. ;)

You are only partly right - it is not chronic inflammation. It is chronic pain. Chronic inflammation would be seen on a biopsy/pathology slide - and interstitial cystitis has no reliable pathology on a microscope - and as such there is no reliable diagnostic procedure for it. You can consider it the fibromyalgia of the bladder. It would not be typical for it to cause incontinence - most people who have it go to the bathroom a lot to avoid the pain they feel with a filling bladder as opposed to those with an overactive bladder who develop urge incontinence.

Unfortunately there are limited effective therapies, but some get relief from amitriptyline or pentosan (though in this case it does not do better than placebo - though it has FDA indication for IC).

Hey guys Im 23 years old I haven't been able to find any real topic on this one so I thought I would start a new post here. I was wondering if anyone here suffers from Interstitial Cystitis which is also know as Painful Bladder Syndrome. I believe this is the cause of my regular pain in my pelvic region that I experience through out most days. I don't know to much about Interstitial Cystitis, but I do know this is a chronic problem which mostly effects woman. The definition of this is chronic inflammation of the bladder wall causing one to go frequently and urgently. accompanied by frequent pain as the bladder fills or empties or just pain at times. Which would cause discomfort in the pelvic region. Trust me if you have this issue you know what im talking about. Anyways Im quit new to this I'm currently seeing doctors for incontinence and other things as well. However right now my doctors are looking into interstitial Cystitis while ruling out other things. I don't have any UTI according to my doctor and I don't have testicular distortion ether. Anyways Love to hear back from someone who might be suffering from this condition. Look forward to talking

-Thanks

Sean

I have been diagnosed with IC , the IC is one reason why i couldnt handle the incontinence drugs... bladder would fill up and cause such pain..... somedays i wanted to cry.....

but it turns out i stopped drinking diet soda and the symptoms went away almost compeletly. so you my need to find what triggers it for you...

hope you find what works for you!