LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Thoughts On Diaper Fit

dl_ashlee

So since the middle of last semester when I found out I was able to get Molicare Super Plus locally I have been wearing them exclusively as when hiding it is so much easier to just pick them up at a time it will be easy to bring them in and hide them. Also the only good ones I am able to find locally.

Even with a diaper that is the right size for you there seems to be an art to taping them on so they fit you right. Since I have worn two bags (28 diapers total) and can only wear at school or at night when home in my room. Mostly though wear them at school so I am sort of active walking to classes, but also a lot of sitting time. In this time I have bought two pairs of "diaper pants" which are size 18 instead of the tighter 16 that hug my ass and don't really leave room for a diaper.

I have found a groove to wearing them so it would be hard to tell unless you were looking to see if someone was wearing one. Now that I have the fit right on them they can easily take at least one of my large floods along with some controlled wetting later and I don't have any worries that they will leak. Oh and the bottom tapes are very important to having them fit right, though they really don't need to be tight and if they are I will get sore down there from it being to tight and rubbing.

So now it has been a long time since I tried the xplus and several others and even though I have found one that works really well I want to try some of the others that I had some problems with before or new ones I haven't tried yet. Thinking of maybe even one with a bit less capacity that would still hold a complete flood, but need changing before wetting more. Seems like the Abena Super are the best candidate for this and probably a bit thinner and better for being more active. Though I had tried also the Drycare 24/7 when all they had was sm and large, which the large were way to big and small to small. Hoping the mediums will fit me right, I know these would be thicker and more absorbent, which would be interesting to also try. Then I would again like to try the xplus.

So I think the best idea is to order from xpmedical, though at this point I probably will just decide to order one bag of one of the three, leaning towards the supers as I have not tried them before, only the xplus and the extras. I have a question though, which I will call and find out, but am wondering if anyone had experience with it. I know I have shipped to UPS store when it was shipped via UPS. I know that unless it is fedex express they won't hold it for pickup, but my only choice is usps or fedex with xpmedical. It seems to me that as long as you gave the UPS Store a heads up they would hold it for pickup even if fedex was used. I mean you pay a small fee to have them hold it and they will sign and such for any package delivered for you if you have a mailbox with them, so thinking they might just do this. Anyone have experience with this?

Getting a mailbox with them is going to be a bit pricey, specially since I think I will use it about once a month, don't have the cash to spend more then that. I go to school 4 days a week and those are the days I have been wearing, so a bag will last me roughly a month as I use one a day as one Molicare can last me the 8-10 hours I am at school before I return home and I clean up and take them off before heading home, so there isn't any possibility of my mom finding out I am still wearing. I don't really have the cash either to pay a 3 month rental at a UPS, so really hoping they will do this. I will give them a call in the next few days and find out, but in the mean time I wanted to see if anyone had done this?

Also I am now out, so I want to get them asap. So it will be either if I can find a cheap way to get them delivered and have them held somewhere for pickup or I will be picking up another bag of the Molicare in town. If they don't accept from Fedex anyone know a place that ships UPS? All of them seem to ship Fedex or USPS and USPS is always more pricey.

• Like 1

Holy Crap I wrote a lot, thinking I should have made the question a second thread as not sure most will make it all the way through!

So in case, I do have one question that is important and it is if anyone has had experience with shipping using fedex but having it shipped to a UPS Store with a hold for pickup on the address. Of course I would call first, so they didn't turn away the package, going to call them and ask, but in the mean time was wondering if anyone had done this before?

• Like 1

Holy Crap I wrote a lot, thinking I should have made the question a second thread as not sure most will make it all the way through!

So in case, I do have one question that is important and it is if anyone has had experience with shipping using fedex but having it shipped to a UPS Store with a hold for pickup on the address. Of course I would call first, so they didn't turn away the package, going to call them and ask, but in the mean time was wondering if anyone had done this before?

Several here have posted in the positive on the question, but I can't point you to those answers :rolleyes: They did have to pre-arrange the thing and some had to pay a small fee but it wasn't much-like $5 if IIRC ;) Give it a try till you find a "yes" answer- someone will be happy to make a few bucks for doing essentially nothing :thumbsup:

Bettypooh

Not exactly on topic, But you say you would like a good name brand but a slimmer dependable diaper. I wonder if you get Moli's locally that you wouldn't be able to get the "little sister" The Classics version. They are about half the price of the Supers, and about half the absorbency in my opinion. Same great design, just a slimmed down version. I wear them a lot for daytime. I just love the way Moli's fit my body. So having the choice between Thick or thin in the same brand is really nice. Maybe that way you wouldn't even have to worry about any shipping. Just throwing it out there. :thumbsup:

Not exactly on topic, But you say you would like a good name brand but a slimmer dependable diaper. I wonder if you get Moli's locally that you wouldn't be able to get the "little sister" The Classics version. They are about half the price of the Supers, and about half the absorbency in my opinion. Same great design, just a slimmed down version. I wear them a lot for daytime. I just love the way Moli's fit my body. So having the choice between Thick or thin in the same brand is really nice. Maybe that way you wouldn't even have to worry about any shipping. Just throwing it out there. :thumbsup: I know in small they are a cool baby blue, Mediums are White. Not sure on Large, but believe they are blue as well. :closedeyes:

I'm a little confused :wtf2:

What 25 year old male wears size 16 or 18 pants? At his age I was a size 30 and am now a 32. Okay, so one of my degrees is in mathematics but I can't get this to add up.

What 25 year old male wears size 16 or 18 pants? At his age I was a size 30 and am now a 32. Okay, so one of my degrees is in mathematics but I can't get this to add up.

So many factors to consider ... primarily what type of "diaper pants" and who makes them .... in child's sizes that's pretty big. I have a size 14 girl's dress that goes almost to my knees ... and my waist is about 30-32 inches.

Should have stated Women's pants 16-18, which is 38 mens. I much prefer stretch jeans with boot legs, there are many that could easily be unisex, pretty much all I wear.

That is a good suggestion about the slimmer Molicare, though they only carry the super plus. The only other one they carry is Tena Ultra, which don't hold much and are cloth backed, no thanks.

I get my stuff delivered to a UPS store but I have a box with them. It costs 240/yr or 120/6 months. I get boxes every month or so and they know me as the guy who always gets big packages. They're all very professional and cool people, probably just my store though. Never had anything delivered with a hold for pickup there as I have the box with them. They also offer to text you or email you when a package comes in for an extra fee so you don't have to go there 'just to check'. If you order from XP medical you can find out from fedex where their closest sorting facility to you is and they also do hold for pickups there (though the closest to me is 40 minutes away). On my recent order, when you look up the tracking number they offer to hold it for pickup somewhere instead of delivering it (as its cheaper for them) right on the tracking page

Fedex only does that for Fedex Express, I ordered from xpmedical about a year ago trying that and almost got caught because when it arrived at the shipping place near me they called and said they needed a delivery address as they can only hold express packages for pickup. I didn't realize it was them calling and picked up the phone while watching tv with my mom and got myself in a situation where my mom knew it was fedex with a package, don't remember how I pulled it off, but luckily some how I did.

And ouch, $20/month? Is there a cheaper option if you receive less? I have done hold for pickup when it is shipped via UPS to my local UPS Store. Always been quick and easy for this method, they call me when my package arrives and I go and pick it up, pay $5 and am out the door.

I used to be a svelte size 12 B) but I've been bad about my weight and now.... :crybaby:

Bettypooh

Know the feeling, my weight has fluctuated over the years. When I get stressed food is my coping method. Last semester at school wasn't a good one i went up a pants size and gained 15 pounds, when I was already 15 over what I need to way to not be considered overweight.

About a month and a half before school started I decided I was going to at least get those 15 pounds back off before school. I did actually do that and continued to loose 5 more after school starting. So for right now I'm very happy as this is the fittest I have been since before high school, when actually I had a small 6 pack. Just hoping the stress of school doesn't have me gain back some again this semester. Though I really would be much happier if I was able to get the last 10 pounds off and no longer be considered overweight.

:badmood:

For a guy I'm OK- just over the top of what is considered a normal weight range for my age and build :rolleyes: But as a girl I need to dump 30 Lbs to get back into a size 12 again :o O-U-C-H in a BIG way. I blame the chocolate donut makers for this :bash:

I certainly couldn't have had anything to do with it :whistling::blush::angel_not:

Bettypooh

Interesting found out through some searching that Fedex has changed their policy and now will hold both ground packages and express at most Kinkos/Fedex Office locations. I know someone said they got the option once it shipped to click a box for hold for pickup. I really don't want to chance them though having my address and getting mixed up some how and having it delivered to my home. So has anyone recently tried the same thing as I have done for UPS by putting my phone with hold for pickup and the address of the store I want it held for pickup?

I am very excited if this method works as most medical stores online seem to ship Fedex and if not it is UPS, so either way I just need to find out who it will be shipped with and I can just have it held for pickup. Seems though for some reason fedex is the choice for shipping diapers.

When I was that age and actually into my 30's I could wear 16 or 18 size. 18 converts over to 28-30 waist with a 30-31 inseam. Just made for those with a trimmer build (pencil legs and no butt :P ) I am now only minimally bigger and am packing a tool shed so I can fit into mens sizes too. I can still wear a 18 husky and if I put forth the effort back into the standard.

WAY Cheaper on clothes with Levi jeans at $10 and Izod's for $12.....so there! :whistling: My Molicares are $58.50 a case in a small :)

Ordered today from xpmedical. Asked them about it and said just to do like you would for UPS. Put Hold for Pickup (phone) as company name. Put the address of the Fedex/kinkos you want it held at.

So we shall see if this works, which it seems that it would as on their website they will hold at most Fedex/kinkos office centers. I checked by going to fedex and creating a shipping label with the to and from addresses and in the extras area there is a button to hold for pickup. It showed me the places close to me that will do the service. Make sure though if it is in a strip mall that you get the whole address. I knew the whole plaza called brown ranch had one street address. I had to go searching a bit to find their suite #.

I'm excited though as I decided to order samples to be able to try most the ones I have been wanting to for awhile.

So my samples will be (all in Med):

3 Drycare 24/7

2 Abena Super

2 Abena XPlus

2 Abena Super Air

2 Abena XPlus Air

2 Molicare Super

2 Molicare Super Plus

2 Attends with Waistbands (wish I could have just tried the extended as the test shows it only hold 14oz)

2 Attends Extended Wear

I know most have said they don't like the air version of the abenas, but I have to see for myself if they are good or not.

Weird don't know why my package went all the way up to Sacramento when it was shipped from Ventura. Would have thought San Jose or Oakland both have fairly large distribution centers. I find the tracking to be pretty accurate though, so I expect their estimated date of arrival of the 29th will be correct. I mean it is still only 3 hours away, so even with processing time it should be here by morning. Arrived in Sacramento at 10pm, so the trucks seem to go out on delivery at around 7am, giving them 6 hours to process the package and then 3 hours to drive from Sacramento to Santa Cruz/Capitola.

Weird don't know why my package went all the way up to Sacramento when it was shipped from Ventura. Would have thought San Jose or Oakland both have fairly large distribution centers. I find the tracking to be pretty accurate though, so I expect their estimated date of arrival of the 29th will be correct. I mean it is still only 3 hours away, so even with processing time it should be here by morning. Arrived in Sacramento at 10pm, so the trucks seem to go out on delivery at around 7am, giving them 6 hours to process the package and then 3 hours to drive from Sacramento to Santa Cruz/Capitola.

Trying to make sense of the routes they use for deliveries can drive you insane. LOL

Here's a link to a post I'd left about the UPS Store (if I've figured out how to properly insert a link):

My link

The advantage being that they they'll receive and hold deliveries from anybody, FedEx, USPS, etc. I've had one company (Unique Wellnes) that was reluctant to ship via FedEx to the UPS Store, but finally I convinced them that its just like a normal delivery. I've got to where I don't call, just watch the shipping progress and go in after it says "delivered", and they've only called me one time.

So you have done had things shipped via fedex to UPS and you don't have a mailbox at the UPS Store?

Here's a link to a post I'd left about the UPS Store (if I've figured out how to properly insert a link):

My link

The advantage being that they they'll receive and hold deliveries from anybody, FedEx, USPS, etc. I've had one company (Unique Wellnes) that was reluctant to ship via FedEx to the UPS Store, but finally I convinced them that its just like a normal delivery. I've got to where I don't call, just watch the shipping progress and go in after it says "delivered", and they've only called me one time.

Well seems that at least for my location shipping to the Fedex/Kinkos worked even though it was being delivered using Home Delivery. A person at the store called and left a message that my package was ready to be picked up. I still have to pick them up tomorrow though as they close at 9pm and I was at school until an hour ago, which is about 40mins away. So didn't get back in town until 20 minutes ago.

I emailed xpmedical about it though and they said they default to Home Delivery as even though it is a bit more they do it for their customers as it includes delivery on Saturday. So I think next time I order I will just put a note to ship it plain Fedex ground and not home delivery, just to make sure there isn't any problems. If it is ground or express there is even a button on the tracking page to have it held and then you pick the location you want to pick it up at.

Regarding having things shipped to the UPS store...

As far as I know, the UPS store will accept deliveries from any shipper and "Hold for Pickup" for you.

I have used the "Hold for pickup" feature several times when I was ordering Bambinos. Bambinos ships

by UPS Ground when you want their free shipping.

2 weeks ago, I ordered some diapers from AB Universe. They use FEdEx for shipping. I called my local

UPS Store and asked about accepting FedEx deliveries, they said, sure, no problem.

I got my order in 4 days, no problems... The UPS Store here charges $2.00 per package, per day...

So if you don't pickup for a couple days, the charge builds up, $2 per day.

I have heard that the charge is more in other places.

I like the service because I DON'T have to rent a box there to get deliveries. I only order diapers

maybe once a month or less.

Picked them up today from Fedex/Kinkos Office. I think how they do things is changing now. I heard something about them saying they were not sure how to release it to me. When she asked someone else said just to copy the packing slip and they would take care of the paperwork later. She checked my id. I signed some sheet, didn't need to put an address or anything just sign. And unlike UPS there was no charge for holding.

So seems that now any Fedex home/ground/express can be held a a "Fedex Office" location. Might be some confusion though until everyone gets the memo that the policy has changed. Oh and noticed it is no longer Fedex/Kinkos, the sign just says Fedex Office.

http://fedex.com/us/services/hold.html