LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Decided To Become One Of "Those" People

DAQ

Skip to the last 4 bullets if you wish to get to the point with out my story.

I guess I should say something about myself before I go off on some lengthy post. Hi I'm DAQ, I have been a long time lurker to the DD boards now for a long time, just never really knew what to post. I have been wearing off and on for about 9 years, since I turned 17, 18 I kinda stepped out my frequency and started ordering Abenas about 3 or 4 times a year, and really culminated recently when I had a case of Bambino and Abena delivered around the same time.

So this weekend I went on a road trip down to central Illinois, about a two and a half hour drive down to my one friends house and a 3 hour drive back from my families house, I thought this would be a good time to wear rather anonymously so before leaving my house i diapered up in my Abena X-plus and plastic pants (and packed about 3 more Abenas and Bambinos along with supplies) and went on my merry way (along with a half gallon of green tea). I changed in public restrooms and while changing the first time someone walked in! I was so freaked out, do i continue? Do i wait like a deer in headlights waiting for them to leave? So after a deep breath I kept doing up the tapes, he was still out there when i came out, no pointing and laughing no second looks, nothing. A nice sigh of relief walking out of the McDonalds with my blue duffle bag that had so generously vulenteered to be my diaper bag. So i get closer to my friends house where i had not intended to wear and stop at a rest stop and use one of the handicapped/family restrooms, as I walk out I get a few strange looks but no one says anything.

So I get to my friends house and start drinking, starting to get tipsy I make some BS excuse that I have a bag that I do not want to sit in the car all night, about an hour later now drunk I excuse myself to the bathroom and put on one of my Bambinos, I'm not too worried about it we have the music playing fairly loud and alcohol has a wonderful tendency to calm the sharpest nerves. Again, no discovery, no crazy things hitting the fan.

Sunday I'm driving home with the obligatory half gallon of water and again don the ole Abena again without fanfare, I wear it the whole way home, with a small leak that i discovered when I get home.

In summary I had a wonderful weekend, I didn't wear to bed and find myself missing them. This morning go about my day and I find myself missing diapers more. So this evening i decided I will go almost 24/7, I have not decided if I am going to wear when I work out with a friend who whould completely not understand if he found out and he keeps me motivated going to the gym. And at night I am going to continue to wear my standard tape on style. Along with this I plan to use them for their intended purpose (uninary at least). Anyway down to the point, some of the questions I have for the panel of experts, I have already done some searching on the boards and not really come up with the answers I was looking for.

I was wondering if there is a pullon style that has the leg gatherings traditionally found on tape on briefs? If so has anyone tried them, and what were your thoughts?

I currently have Bambinos and X-Plus, I was looking at the lesser Abena products, what are they like? Are they sufficiently thinner yet absorbent to make them worth while?

Any general thoughts from those who are currently 24/7 or have been, who wish to share their experiences and do's and don't would be greatly apreciated.

If I am wearing 24/7 but only using for part of the day, should I worry about actually becoming incontinent? I have heard many horror stories on the topic, and while it is not something I am opposed to down the road, I believe I am far too young and active to want to subjugate myself to that lifestyle accidentally or deliberately just yet.

Thank you

DAQ

I was wondering if there is a pullon style that has the leg gatherings traditionally found on tape on briefs? If so has anyone tried them, and what were your thoughts?

In my experience, disposable pull-ups really suck in terms of absorbency. I'd suggest you stay away from them, unless you like leaks.

I currently have Bambinos and X-Plus, I was looking at the lesser Abena products, what are they like? Are they sufficiently thinner yet absorbent to make them worth while?

I use Abena M1 and M2 regularly, and have also used M3 and M4 - all the Abena diapers are good on absorbency in my experience, though the x-plus (M4) is the obvious winner in terms of capacity. The others are thinner, yes, and they're worthwhile enough for me to use them as my diaper of choice. A M1 usually lasts me anywhere from 2 to 6 hours per diaper, an M2 anywhere from 2 to 8 hours (these figures are on average and definitely vary depending on fluid intake, weather, etc).

Any general thoughts from those who are currently 24/7 or have been, who wish to share their experiences and do's and don't would be greatly apreciated.

DO tape it well.

DON'T get oil or powder on the tapes.

DON'T flood if you can help it.

DON'T put it on crooked.

DON'T get paranoid about whether or not people can notice you're wearing. People will notice more if you make a big scene.

If I am wearing 24/7 but only using for part of the day, should I worry about actually becoming incontinent? I have heard many horror stories on the topic, and while it is not something I am opposed to down the road, I believe I am far too young and active to want to subjugate myself to that lifestyle accidentally or deliberately just yet.

No. You won't become incontinent if you don't want to - just practice control, hold it for a bit before going (sort of like you would getting to the toilet). You won't become incontinent then.

I hope I helped.

~ moogle

Guest rosemonde10

Pullups are vastly inferior to tape ons. Simply put, leaks. Pullups leak more than those you tape on.

And tapes allow you to customize size depending on how tight or loose you prefer.

Everything said above about pull-ups is true, but it's also true that they're handy sometimes. Some of them are pretty decently absorbent (the Attends and Tranquility brands both work pretty well for me). You can't wear them anywhere near as long as a regular diaper, but if you're okay with changing every 3-4 hours, they're okay... and they're very discreet, and dry ones will fold up into a small bundle that fits in your pocket, which can be nice if you don't want to carry a bag around with you--or, for that matter, if you're worried about people wondering why you're carrying a bag into the bathroom with you.

Times when I've gone 24/7, I used pull-ups part of the time; it was helpful to have the option. Mostly I prefer the big thick tape-on disposables or pin-on cloth, though.

one of the biggest downsides to pull-ups is that you have to take off your pants to change them. A tape on diaper can be changed without stripping from the waist down, and is much easier to do in a standard bathroom stalls if you do it standing up.

I'm not into pull ups really, as many say--they're really designed for the urge incontinence/occasional small accident. You can pull off and on many diaper brands and pull them back up successfully. ;)

Wearing to a gym, don't know...and yes, practice those muscles down below and always be aware of wetting and you should be able to stay diapered 24/7 with little to no loss of control.