LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Herpetology

Guest baby smokey

When I was a kid growing up I was always into creepy crawly things like frogs, toads, salamanders, newts, lizards, snakes, and turtles. With time, it faded away, but then at the the beginning of last month, I was fishing, and I found a Western Painted Turtle that someone hooked, and tied to the dock :angry2: So I cut the line, and took it home to get it the help that it needed. While doing so, I joined a turtle forum to ask what to do with it.

After hanging around that forum, and discussing herps again, I decided to get back into it, and I picked up a Chinese Fire Belly Newt at the pet store, and have been happy with him since. I may get a turtle later on, but right now, my next thing will be African Dwarf Frogs for my small pond.

Just wondering what other Reptiles and Amphibians people here keep

Here's a link to the full story http://www.turtleforum.com/forum/upload/index.php?showtopic=123901

First, thanks for saving the turtle, that was cool of you!

I've always liked snakes, lizards and turtles. I've never had one as a pet, but I have rescued a few and cared for them until I released them. I think they make cool pets, and I'd love to own one, but I already have a dog and I'm not sure how well they would coexist :lol:.

I like lizards the best, if I ever got a creepy-crawly pet it'd probably be from the gecko family, just think they look cool. Of course, if there was a pet-friendly species with "dragon" in the name I'd be a sucker for that too :D.

First, thanks for saving the turtle, that was cool of you!

I've always liked snakes, lizards and turtles. I've never had one as a pet, but I have rescued a few and cared for them until I released them. I think they make cool pets, and I'd love to own one, but I already have a dog and I'm not sure how well they would coexist :lol:.

I like lizards the best, if I ever got a creepy-crawly pet it'd probably be from the gecko family, just think they look cool. Of course, if there was a pet-friendly species with "dragon" in the name I'd be a sucker for that too :D.

I've had Tokay Geckos before, (Lenny & Guido) and they are MEAN! If you want a gecko, I would look for something more well tempered to start out with.

You may also want to look into a Bearded Dragon, they are pretty well mannered, and they eat veggies, insects, and small mice.

I've had Tokay Geckos before, (Lenny & Guido) and they are MEAN! If you want a gecko, I would look for something more well tempered to start out with.

You may also want to look into a Bearded Dragon, they are pretty well mannered, and they eat veggies, insects, and small mice.

I looked up Bearded Dragons, they're cute! Thanks for the advice, I didn't know that about geckos. I like the Bearded Dragon a lot, maybe I'll look into getting one, just have to keep it in a... terrarium(?) to protect it from my dog lol.

My best friend's husband wants a snake, they're my roommates so I might end up with a snake as a pet too :D.

When I was younger, my folks and grandparents pooled their money to have an in-ground pool and water slide built. Every year since, there's beet at least one tree frog living above the window to my folks' bedroom, or on the slide. We once caught all sorts of different types of frogs from the pool and put them in one of those big tupperware tubs. Though, really, I'm more of a dog person. I've had to kill an couple of blacksnakes that were getting the dogs worked up (in low lighting conditions, I wasn't goinna risk them being copperheads, which are also plentiful around here). And I accidentally killed one when it slithered under the mower deck. I'd rather not have to kill those, as they help out around the place by eating the vermin (that the dogs don't catch, anyway) and the annoying birds' eggs (that'll learn 'em). No love for the copperheads, though. They're a legitimate threat to me and the dogs, so all suspected copperheads get half a clip, followed by the other half if they aren't dead after a while (I tend not to make my kills suffer, regardless of species).

I'm sorry about Bob, it's always sad to lose a friend :(.

thanks well padded. he had a good life but just near the end became very lethargic and hardley ate. i used to let him out and loved the sound of him scrabbling about on the laminate flooring!