LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Proven Favorite, New Review

Variables:

Male

Abena Abri-form X-plus Briefs

Johnson's baby powder (we don't want any rashes!!!!)

This is a review/one night field test of an Abena Abri-form X-plus size Medium. I will provide a full review of the diaper, and upon request the picture results from the one night field test.

My first thoughts upon removing this diaper from the package was that the padding was thick and hard, and the outer covering was shiny, white plastic just like a babies diaper, just how we all like it. The wetness indicator was changed on the newest model to what now looks like a racing stripe going down the middle of your diaper. Upon the first appearance I thought I might just have found my match finally, but appearances can be deceiving so lets move onto the fit, and following that the real world test results and final thoughts.

Fit- Tapes, Leg Gatherers and Leg Guards

I was really impressed with the fit of this diaper. The tapes, like the padding, are industrial grade ensuring a nice, tight fit. The diaper also comes equipped with elastic leg gathers, made of the same material as the diaper cover. I like how they ruffle out, and the soft plastic felt nice against my skin.

Down to business, getting this pupy on and seeing if it can do the job. In order to ensure a secure fit, the diaper comes equipped with four tapes and a rear elastic waist band ontop of the plastic leggings.

I was able to secure the diaper very tightly around my waist courtesy of the rear waistband. The tapes on this diaper are very strong. I fastened the tapes starting with the bottom ones. Doing one at a time and trying to secure the pad as tight as possible. As you can see in the picture, I like to be diapered nice and tight=)

After fastening the diaper and sitting up, the thickness of the diaper hit me, because the padding stuck out between my legs similar to what the padding does on a babies diaper. The plastic backing also produces that tell tale crinkle that diapers are known oh so well for.

post-28153-011855700 1280144743_thumb.pn

All said and done, this is a serious diaper. The pad is thick, the tapes are strong and the backing is plastic, making it the ultimate diaper.

post-28153-011855700 1280144743_thumb.pn

I have used abenas for aproximatly 7 years now.

They have always been my nappy of choice since i discovered them. I may start to sound a bit bias on this subject but I have shopped around and I have sampled various different types of nappies on the market both then and now and I still cant find a brand that matches Abenas. Take for instance just the other day I thought I would go and buy some lille supremes and give them a whirl. In hine sight I should have just kept my money in my pocket and bought some more Abenas.

I wear a Abena x plus with a large soaker pad for days on end and I have to say I can wear that combination for several hours and wet an amazing amount before I need to start thinking about changing.(This is handy when changing can be an issue).The Abena x plus on its own will also take a very good wetting 3,4 or maybe 5 times depending on how much you wet each time. It has the most amazing crinkle when you move and if you put it on right it will take a large mess. It will contain that mess for as long as it takes for you to find a Toilet where you can change, that includes a sit down along the way. I have had no problems with messing my self knowing that they are not going to leak or make a mess in my trousers. They fill me full with confidence as I am filling my nappy... :D

The abena x plus will do its job with ease. The only down side I have noticed that some may be put off by is they are a very noisy nappy, The do russle and crinkle alot. I go out in public with the combination and I have found no problems. Although they can be bulky If you chose your clothes carefully you can go un noticed as I have many times. Others may find these points a down side but I dont really care if I get noticed and nor does my girlfriend so once again Abenas rule...... lol.

With all this in mind I will say in my last 18+ years of wearing nappys for fun rather than need,I have found that Abena x plus are with out a doubt the best on the market. I just cant find another nappy on the market that even comes close to the feeling of Abenas. The bulk, The absorbancy, The rustle, The price and the reliablity that the abena x plus has to offer cannot be beaten.........

I don't dislike hairy legs per se. I just think they clash with diapers in a big way.

Oh ok! I thought maybe it caused leaks or something..

Guest rosemonde10

Oh ok! I thought maybe it caused leaks or something..

I shave my legs of course; but it never gets hairy beyond belief. Regarding leaks though, I agree that hairy legs and diapers do not mix well; possibly because if you happen to have a wet leak cleanup is that much harder if you have forest thighs. If you shave, then there is less to clean up.

Nice review though.Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I still don't understand how people don't see the problem with Abena tapes - they are weak and either separate from the back or tear. The Bambinos have this same problem. I have never been able to observe the capacity that people say these have because the tapes just do not hold up! Also, the fit is fine at first, but since the tapes suck, the diaper fits less well over time as the tapes stretch, etc and then break, pop off or tear... I can't be the only one who has this experience with those high end diapers....

Cuddlez,e I can not find a link to these. Can anyone provid a web address. I've done a google search with no luck. Thanks - 1Z

I believe these are only available in the UK. Some have said that they are Bambino Bianco's sold over there. I couldn't say for sure.

AZDL: I agree with you on the Abena tapes FOR SURE...

I do like the X-Plus regardless for thickness, capacity, and noise. But when I wear them I am usually relaxing at home, and not moving much. So once it starts loosening, I just hold it up a bit while I go do whatever. I know better than to try and refasten ;)

• 1 month later...

AZDL, try rubbing your finger over the tapes roughly a few times once you've applied them. The pressure and heat (from friction) helps to seal them on more tightly. I've been wearing Abenas for years, and I don't think I've ever had a tape pop off after doing this trick. If the plastic is tearing, you may want to tape them on a little more loosely.