LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Active Ultra Problem

Well, today went to go put on my Active Ultra which I totally have come to love and enjoy and can easily say is now by far my favorite diaper. I started taping or velcroing myself in when, what the, where's the, uhhh ohhh, no bottom tape tab on bottom left hips wing. Machine must have missed it completely as there's no evidence of one ever being there. I'm only on my first package of 12 and checked the last couple in that pack and they are all fine so this is the only one so far but I haven't checked the other 36 diapers yet. I am going to notify Active Ultra about this so we'll see what they say. I'll keep everyone posted.

Actually, I just took the one tab and pulled it tight in the middle of the landing zone and wore it at home just to make sure I didn't have any issues. Surprisingly, it worked just great and still felt snug enough all around!! Pretty impressive I though, these tapes have a death grip once they hit the velcro.

They already replied today and I just submitted a photo and was informed to keep track of how many are bad and they'll probably send me replacements. They also said they notified QA about it. Yeah, I know it can happen but I still feel it's good to let the others know. That way they are aware of some known problems and know what to look for. Also good to see how the company responds to such an issue so you know what to expect. I still think it's good to let others know. What if a case was like that and I took an unopened package on vacation to find out they were all missing tabs? That would pretty much suck so if I'm going to do that with these, I know to check them before I bring them to make sure all the tabs are there. Probably not a bad idea anytime for any diaper if you are dependant on them. ;)

Honestly, I think you can tell any company the issues or problems all day and they can attempt to correct this and that but when you are dealing with ANY manufacturer...there are going to be mishaps and mistakes in the manufacturing process...period. Nothing is perfect and it never will be - Look at Apple :) Even all-mighty Apple (I love Apple) basically screwed the pooch with the Iphone 4 whistling.gif

The key is how the company responds, and how quickly. The brands I prefer and companies I will order from I do so almost exclusively based on this fact. Secure Personal being my favorite. I emailed them a question even before ordering my first time and got a response in only a few hours, some companies will put up a website and take orders but never pay attention to it after that, and it's nice to know the ones that are attentive to the customers. So thanks for the heads up.

Thanks for the heads up! I also like dealing with companys that listen & act on things. I was checking on carpet price at 1 store; when told the price for 1 big room "WOW that will have to wait!!" I said. The clerk did a price check on the hardwood flooring & told me it was about 1/2 of the carpet price. Without me even asking for it. That made a GOOD impression of the store to me. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

have gone through 2 cases, have another on order, and have only had 2 diapers with tapes like that so far. Not too bad of a problem really. Have had the same thing happen occasionally with other brands as well.

The other brand?? Which one? Did you create a "case" with the company to get replacement diapers and if so how'd it go?

Other brands i have gotten with missing tapes were, Abena, molicare, attends, a few store brands from walgreens, cvs, and walmart. I am incontinent and have gone through quite a few diapers in the past. umm .. 20 years now?.. there extremely rare, so usually i don't bother with reporting. 1 or 2 in a case is nothing to mention about for me. Now if half the bags were like that, then i would probably complain a little. The ones missing a tape I just generally save for night time use. And actually, now that i think about it, It has only been the size large that i have run in to that problem with. I use the larges for night time use and mediums for day time. My night time setup is usually 2 abrilet soaker's, a large active ultra "for now, I love how much bigger they are on me, bikini diapers are useless in my book for night time use, if they are below your belly button, then its not really enough coverage area." and one of my all in ones over that in case i get any leaks. "I get those from either babykins or angelfluff." Incontinence and Furosimide can make for some really drenched diapers. Especially if you keep yourself hydrated like you are supposed to.

• 6 months later...

Happy to report they have replaced all the diapers I had issues with by sending me a 12/pk. I had in total 5 diapers with tabs missing, 1 diaper with a torn plastic cover due to a tab stuck to it, and a couple that the tabs ripped free fairly easily upon taping. Great customer service and willing to fix the problem with replacements.