LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Care For An Adult Baby

Well as we know an adult baby needs to be taken care of just like a real baby would. Wipes, fresh diapers and such. What are the best brands or sites to buy from for lotion, diaper rash cream, wipes, powder and so on.

Guest Baby Tiana

Actually, I don't buy from the site's. I go straight to Target or a store near me, get the Johnson's Baby Oil with aloe vera & Vitamin E. Then I actually prefer a totally different brand of my baby powder. For the powder I went to Walmart... It's the brand "baby basic's". Not sure why I like it better than the Johnson and Johnson's brand...but I do. Then I just get what ever wipes are on sale. However... I don't get them in the plastic tubs, because I personally thing those dry out easier.

Or, better yet, go to the incontinence isle, and get adult baby wipes... They're much larger, and smell just about the same. Or in some grocery stores, they may just be in the same isle as the baby stuff...

I hope this helps??? Oh, and the Johnson and Johnson's bed time lotion is one of my friends favorites. She can't sleep with out using it before bed time... I myself haven't tried it, but perhaps it's not that bad. I however just use this weird kind to help keep in moisture so my skin doesn't dry out and I end up getting eczema.

Guest NaughtyAshes

J&J for powder, lotion, and soap

Pampers Thick Wipes (formerly known as swipers)

Desitin Creamy Overnight for rash cream.

• Like 4

For now, I use:

J&J pure cornstarch baby powder (Mooglelove recommended)

Desitin Maximum Strength cream

Huggies Natural Care wipes

But after tomorrow I will switch to Pampers Thick for wipes (had looked for Swipers but hand't found em >.< was wondering if they discontinued em--thanks for the save Ashes, and i bumped your -2 to a -1...no reason you shoulda been down-repped for that one)

I also came up with this little idea...my first rash cream was Desitin instant relief, but I soon found the Desitin Maximum Strength. Well we have the 16oz jar at my store so I'm going to get one of those jars and a tube of Instant relief. When I get a diaper rash, I'll use a mix of both.

Seventh Generation and Tushies are both good brands of baby wipes. Though, Tushies Wipes gets bonus points for the babyish print. My favorite baby powder is from the brand Country Comfort. For a lighter scent, I would recommend Burt's Bees Baby Bee Dusting Powder. Nature's Baby Organics Diaper Cream isn't bad. Once I run out of that cream, I'd like to sample Earth Mama Angel Baby Bottom Balm. I'm also interested in trying out Nature's Baby Organics Mandarin Coconut Baby Oil.

Has anyone ever opted out of using baby powder in favor of something else, like oil or lotion? How well do you suppose that would work, using only baby oil and no baby powder for diaper changes? I ask because I have a medical condition that renders powder a threat to my health. It's a bummer I know, but it's what I have to live with.

The problem with not using powder is that with most disposable diapers, the oil and lotion tends to break down the way the fluff sticks to the actual diaper, causing sagging and bunching. Also, powder serves to keep baby drier, and to help absorb excess moisture from the skin, like oil or sweat.

If you mean to say that you have respiratory issues, I can attest to having no problems with J&J Powder, and I've got pretty severe asthma. Using too much powder can cause breathing problems, as well as clogged pores, so, try not to go overboard with it.