LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Whenever I Use Powder When Diapering, I Can Never Smell It :(

I actually find this really funny since I was *just* telling someone about that last night. I would say that it can't be both of our sense of smells. :P

But in all likelihood, it probably just has to do with the fact that we've become so accustomed to the smell, that we don't pick it up as easily as we would a foreign smell. Like for example, for the people who wear all the time, they sometimes get to a point where even the smell of urine doesn't even phase them.

Now other people on the other hand, may be able to smell the baby powder on us, even if we can't. That's just something worth keeping in mind.

Over the years, your sense of smell has lost its sharp focus. When you were a chronological baby, you depended on your sense of smell to find your careers. Once your eyes learn to focus, you started to depend on that rather than your sense of smell. However, although you can't register the smell of baby powder on yourself, your subconscious is still aware of it, and you are still getting the same emotions that the baby powder originally triggered. Also, despite your ability not to smell baby powder on yourself, anyone around you can since it is a different smell than what they are used to, and will register questions in their mind. Don't worry, most people will not be able to understand the smell, but a parent of a small child will, as will a fellow ab/dl.

Scent is the prime trigger for us, and what firstly attracts us to another being. The baby powder will trigger a 'mommy type' to look for you if that 'mommy type' is looking. The most powerful 'perfume' to another human is the smell of urine, but it has to be fresh urine, not stale urine. As an ab myself, and also incontinent, it is the smell of a freshly wet diaper that has attracted the opposite sex to me rather than any commercial produced aftershave / deodorant that I could ever get.

• Like 1

At the risk of stating the obvious, maybe the smell goes away because you've locked it inside a tight-fitting plastic shell? :P Assuming you used enough of it, snap the front of the diaper a few times and you'll probably set a little waft of powder free :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...