LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Floods?

Well, I am in Tennessee, Nashville specifically. Our house is fine, basement got some water but our sump pump kept it from flooding. Our neighbors got 3 ft in theirs. My business was fine also even though we are about 1/2 mile from the river but on a hill. I have one friend whose condo in Bellevue was flooded. Big thing here is water; we have 1 out of 2 water treatment plants functioning and have been ordered to cut water use 50%. So, the morning shower is quick, we haven't done any laundry and I am always diapered (well I was 24/7 anyway, I told my b/f he could have my toilet water ration). Hopefully this weekend the water problem will start to ease up a bit. I can now say I have been through what looks like a 500 year flood event, I don't recommend it.

We are 45 minutes north of Nashville, and it flooded here as well, though not nearly as bad. Our side of town is dry, but it will be a lot of cleanup down by the river. A lot of local business is on the riverfront and it sounds like many of them could be destroyed. Very sad situation overall.

hmmm i got a bro who lives in TN, probly give him a call to see how he's doing. lol oh btw did you guys watch the colbert show last night where it shoed a guy wake boarding around town during the flood and teh cops bust him for it. i thought it was funny.

Though I have never been through a sever flood as what has been happening in Tennessee, I have had to deal with lack of water and other resources. In 1984, the Northridge earthquake knocked out everything for miles around. I didn't have water, gas, or electricity for at least a week. Luckily I was able to stay with a friend for a couple of days, and he wasn't affected by the earthquake. But still it sucked, I had to go put my condo back together, but only by daylight...didn't have water to clean anything with or electricity to run a vacuum, and certainly couldn't cook due to no gas, so I only stayed a short while and did what I could.

Natural disasters suck, and are very difficult to have to deal with. I'm sorry you have to experience what you are going though, and I am sure there is a lot of heart ache with the destruction, especially with historic areas and buildings such as the Grand old Opry going under water :( But it seems it's part of life, and we have to clean up where we can and move on.

Good to hear you are OK, and coping :) It wont last and as you said, is a 1 in 500 year thing....an experience to be sure, but not something you want to deal with on a regular basis.

{{{{{{HUGS!!!!}}}} keep on keeping on.

qwack

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I pretty much lost everything but the good things was that me, my gf, and my roommate are all safe and sound. Sadly, though, I did lose all my stash (diapers, plastic pants, and footie pjs).

Let me tell you, it was tricky trying to cover up all the swelled-up diapers on cleanup with all my friends and neighbors helping out. My gf knows so she helped with the "cover-story" of it "coming in from the river." As far as I know, none of my friends suspected anything! *pfew*