LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Might This Suggestion Save The Chat?

((Background music: "LoTR; The Fellowship of The Ring"))

Since I only joined the ranks of this community quite recently, I'm somewhat hesitant to post the following suggestion. However I hope this gives me a bit of an advantage as far as I might be considered an impartial(?) outside observer.

My suggestion for trying to solve the problems with the chat, and hopefully make the DD community more diverse without shutting anyone out, is simply this: Decide on and publish a list of behaviours and subjects, which are (un)acceptable in the chat on any given day of the week. Remember to specify the timezone, such that everyone can agree when it is Monday.

To my eyes there are two major, somewhat distinct groups of members of DD.

The first group are those individuals, who strongly associates sex and mating with the AB/DL theme. This group is often focused on online activities involving explicit sexual content ('cyber sex'), finding a partner, etc.

The other group are those among us, who may be more interested in finding online friends and likeminded souls, with whom they can share general ideas, experiences and support. Their main interest is not explicit sex or the exchange of 'virtual bodyfluids', nor is it perhaps to find a partner.

I'm not sure how I would get these two groups to coexist peacefully in the same chat channel without timeslicing the use of it.

So days 1,2 and 3 is a free-for-all. If you enter the chat on one of these days, then you asked for it.

4, 5, 6 and 7 have limitations in place, for instance no PMs through the chat and other restrictions may apply. Which restrictions and the code of conduct in particular should be decided by the community.

As I see it, then a division of this type is no different than what we already have on the board itself. There are different subject groups, which any given individual may or may not choose to participate in as their interests unfold and change.

Taking myself as an example. I doubt I would join the chat if I knew it was a 'free for all' day. Not that I might mind whatever happens, but since I don't associate sex and diapers to any noticeable degree, I would just be in the way, possibly spoiling the party. This, and the discussion on the board about the chat that I have read over the last few days, is probably the main reason why I so far haven't tried dipping a toe in the water.

Just my €0.02.

HPD.

((Background music: "Paton"))

Good suggestions, but It still has the same problem. There are rules and like the rules already in place there are members who BREAK them.

It's like gun control, there will always be rule breakers. Some do it just to break the rules. We have to inforce the rules in place.

The more rules we make, the more rules there are to break.

Maybe it is just me, but I always saw the purpose of the chat as a place to just chat -- not about any specific content. Just about stuff. I'd say 60% or so of the conversations I've witnessed in there aren't even AB/DL related.

As there are more and more people here, there will be a larger variety of content... and as there are more people, there will be a larger variety of things that people will get offended at.

No, women shouldn't have to put up with harrassment. But beyond that, as far as topics of conversation go... well, here's what I'm getting at:

I HATE CENSORSHIP! I HATE RULES! I HATE AUTHORITY!

If it is hurting someone (i.e. the harrassment), it is wrong. Beyond that, just bite your tongue and move on. There's someone out there eager to be intolerant of you too!

The more rules we make, the more rules there are to break.

Maybe it is just me, but I always saw the purpose of the chat as a place to just chat -- not about any specific content.  Just about stuff.  I'd say 60% or so of the conversations I've witnessed in there aren't even AB/DL related.

As there are more and more people here, there will be a larger variety of content... and as there are more people, there will be a larger variety of things that people will get offended at.

No, women shouldn't have to put up with harrassment.  But beyond that, as far as topics of conversation go...  well, here's what I'm getting at:

I HATE CENSORSHIP!  I HATE RULES!  I HATE AUTHORITY!

If it is hurting someone (i.e. the harrassment), it is wrong.  Beyond that, just bite your tongue and move on.  There's someone out there eager to be intolerant of you too!

((background music scott joplin -the entrainer))

exactly. the few times i went into the chat we talked about things other than the one common thing (diapers) that brings us to the chat.

i have seen guys (i assume guys) in there ask if they can pm other people. but not having witnessed anything outrageous i can't comment on the severity of the problem, feel free to read the abundance of them in other topics.

i'm ok with the chat being monitored as long as silliness can continue. i like inappropriate humor i.e. george carlin, sam kinison, south park, family guy, dead baby jokes (i wont say those in chat or forums). dirty, silly, goofy, random, humor is my thing and as long as i can attempt to be funny and not get hassled by someone without a sense of humor then i'm fine. that is also why some sort of checks and balances should be set up to monitor the moderators.

I think that you all need to toughen up a little. Sure some topics of conversations are taboo and downright disgusting but its a CHAT ROOM for pitty sakes! The majority of us are adults and if you haven't developed the ability to ignore people or let things slide by now then there is a problem.

I mean, someone could call me terrible names and insult me 3 way to Sunday in a chat room. The reality is that this person doesn't know me, they will never meet me, and even if they did I can guarantee that their chat room behavior wouldn't be anywhere near as similar to their daily behavior. To emotionally react to what is being said in chat is a complete waste of time and effort.

I understand that female participants will have a tough go in AB/DL chat rooms simply because they are seen as a rarity and perhaps an object for male AB's looking for mommies or partners to focus on. I ask you women this...if this same guy walked up to you in a bar and tried to pick you up using this disgusting behavior, would you even give him the time of day? Most likely you would tell the offender to go *&@# themselves and ignore them for the remainder of the evening. Its the same situation in chat rooms. Ignore the idiot and move on.

I don't care if it is a PM or in the chat room in general. If it isn't hurting anyone (i.e. being truly harrassing, deragatory, abusive, etc.), it isn't wrong, and shouldn't be banned. That's it.

The situation isn't that "most people should be adults," it is, "if you're not an adult, you broke the rules already." This is an adult site, yes?

I like the idea of having mods.The pervs target us females with private messages.Yes i use the block privates as soon as i log in.But there is some woman who would rather talk to another woman about personal issues and then i have to take the block off to chat to them.Then the perves attack again lol.They cant take no for an answer.As far as days for differnt types of chat not good.Most of us like to come in every day.Val.

I like the idea of having mods.The pervs target us females with private messages.Yes i use the block privates as soon as i log in.But there is some woman who would rather talk to another woman about personal issues and then i have to take the block off to chat to them.Then the perves attack again lol.They cant take no for an answer.As far as days for differnt types of chat not good.Most of us like to come in every day.Val.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the thing is tho, what can they do,ban every male that pms a female?