LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tranquility Atn - Changed?

I've been wearing ATN's for the last year or so since I finally gave up on Attends for their poor quality and quality control, and I've been very happy with how the ATNs have worked for me.

This isn't a bad change, but I did notice a distinct difference in the first bag of the latest case I ordered. The outer plastic cover on the diaper was noticably....softer?

It was also much quieter than I'd been used to.

In taping the diaper up the tapes appear to be correspondingly different. Pulling them off the resting tabs, they didn't make much noise. I'd been used to them making a tearing sound when I pulled them off but now they were virtually silent. When applying the tabs it was also evident that they either changed the "glue" they'd been using or perhaps just used less of it. I haven't have a problem yet with the tapes slipping, but let's just say previously when you placed the tape it "landed with authority".

All in all, it's an interesting change. Still evaluating it.

Once the diaper is on and I'm moving over to get in bed for the night, it seems like it conforms to the body more.

Anyone else notice the difference?

While I haven't had a wetting incident in them yet, I haven't been able to discern any change to the absorbancy or amount of pulp/gel in the diaper.

I got a case of ATNs in 2 weeks ago and have been very disappointed with the tapes. IDK if it is a "change" b/c I normally don't buy Tranquility at all, but these were such a good deal I couldn't pass them up. The white part comes unstuck from the blue part at the slightest movement... even sitting down or bending over can make them pop. I tried peeling all the blue tapes off and just using the white, that seems to work better.

Anybody got a picture - I wear these sometimes so I would be curious to see what the updated ones look like.

For all intents and purposes, the look is exactly the same as before. I don't have one of the old ones to compare them to at the moment, but when I took them out of the package I didn't notice any difference. It wasn't until I was taping it on that I really realized that the outside was different. The tapes are visually similar to the old ones as well.

I have an inquiry out to the business to have them confirm what they changed. I'll update you if/when I get a reply.

I just bought a case of 96 mediums and the tapes stick with authority when rhey are placed on a non wrinkled (flat) part of the diaper. I've not had the white part of the tapes come un-stuck from the blue once yet. I find them moderately crinkly on their own but get much more crinkly when underwear is worn over the diaper... After buying 2 bags of them, I was sold and immediately ordered my case. They kick the crap outta any other diaper I've tried yet.

Wondering though if they even come close to comparing to Molicare Super Plus as just after I picked up my case of ATNs, the store just added the molicare line to availability!!! UGH!

anyways, I love them ATNs

CHEERS

• 2 weeks later...

This is the first I've heard of this. I bought my last two cases at the end of the year, I need to buy more in a few weeks.

At the beginning of the year I started to use diaper pins. I highly recommend this, they prevent tape popping, thigh tapes from sagging against the thighs and simply keeping the diaper in place.

Phil

post-8840-1272980537961_thumb.jpg

post-8840-1272980537961_thumb.jpg

No, the tapes prevent the pins from ripping the plastic, they stay in place. Diaper yourself normally and as you place each tape insert the pin.

As Angela pointed out, when disposables first came out pins were used. As much as I can't imagine being without diapers I can't imagine not using pins!

Phil

don't the pins rip the diapers phil even thou i can see you put the tape over them just wondering ?

• 5 weeks later...

I just opened the first bag of my new case last night. I forgot about this topic until I opened the first tape, no more sound of the adhesive ripping. But as mentioned if the the new adhesive is better or worse I won't know since I use pins. Not sure if there is any other change, I think it's my imagination that the plastic seems smoother.

Phil

This is the first I've heard of this. I bought my last two cases at the end of the year, I need to buy more in a few weeks.

At the beginning of the year I started to use diaper pins. I highly recommend this, they prevent tape popping, thigh tapes from sagging against the thighs and simply keeping the diaper in place.

Phil

I used to love the ATN's but ever since getting some bambs, they just don't compare. I have a few bags of each right now and if asual wearing, I'll do the atns, however the tapes suck horribly. I have had to staple each one.

I have to say though as a guy when the atn's soak, they wick up something nice.