LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Something I Find Annoying

I like being on this site, and these boards, but one thing does annoy me. It might just be me, but does anyone else find the sign/banner telling us what our IP Address is and what system and provider we are using, a bit off putting. Some members have it as a banner at the end of their posts. It gives the impression that we are being spied upon. I always like to think that this site is a safe haven for people who share our lifestyle.

There, I've got it off my chest, does anyone else feel the same way? Maybe DD should consider banning the use of these. Otherwise, it's a great place to be.

• Like 2

It used to bother me, but it was later explained to me that those things don't store anything; they only show your info on your side of the screen, so to speak, your computer. The person using the sign doesn't actually get any of your information.

Then again, maybe I was told wrong. :-p

I just think there's no need for it and I think it's quite rude on such an otherwise friendly site

The only person that gets the information are the admins/moderators of the site, and its there right to know that certern information on whos viewing there site, if there is a forum its helpful for the admin/moderator to know what the user's ip is for lawful reasons, no one else knows these details as you can see, you can't see mine or shydiaper2. I would also like to point out that most sites tend to have a policy where they wouldn't share information like that without your consent unless it was to the police or your internet service provider.

I know it's only some members that have these up, and most members don't. It just makes me wonder why those people feel the need to use them. It screams out "I know who you are and I'm watching you!"

I agree that the site as a whole will need the info to be able to root out the rouges who might get in here and libel others. I don't have a problem with that, it's just that when someone puts this info up on your screen, there is no need for it and it might frighten people away.

I know this, but I still find it annoying. I'm not too worried about it, I just find it unnecessary and annoying :angry:

I agree as well. It's just one of those things that catches you and makes you instantly go into a panic mode and say WTF?!

It is usually being read as "haha, my signature knows where you are and you can't do anything about it, so na-na na-na na na! I'm a hacker, blah blah blah..."

Yeah it's kind of creepy but all it means is someone is being an attention whore. Really, the whole concept of a signature at the end of all your posts got really played out in like 2003 when everyone realized what a pointless waste of bandwidth it is. Anyone with a giant obnoxious sig at this point is just trying to draw attention to themselves.

I've got a rifle and a box of ammo, a couple of medium-large dogs, a truck, a fair amount of knives, and several heavy blunt objects. I'm not afraid of anyone on the internet... Besides, most of those locater thingies are way off base when they try to tell me were I live. Usually by at least one state.

Meh, I don't really see the big deal but then again I have nothing to feel paranoid about since what I do is well within the confines of the law. Maybe you should reconsider what you do, if it makes you feel so paranoid just to see your IP address.

Meh, I don't really see the big deal but then again I have nothing to feel paranoid about since what I do is well within the confines of the law. Maybe you should reconsider what you do, if it makes you feel so paranoid just to see your IP address.

Don't try to judge me on what you think I said. What I actually meant, was that I FIND IT ANNOYING WHEN PEOPLE USE THIS AT THE END OF THEIR POSTS ON THIS SITE.

This is a great, friendly site, and by doing this at the end of a post, it makes it LOOK LIKE you are being spied on. What I didn't say is that I am frightened or worried about it. I just find it annoying.

Don't try to judge me on what you think I said. What I actually meant, was that I FIND IT ANNOYING WHEN PEOPLE USE THIS AT THE END OF THEIR POSTS ON THIS SITE.

This is a great, friendly site, and by doing this at the end of a post, it makes it LOOK LIKE you are being spied on. What I didn't say is that I am frightened or worried about it. I just find it annoying.

But you aren't being spied on and it makes you look paranoid to even think you'd be spied on, and even if you were, do you have something to be paranoid over? I don't, so it's no big deal. Get over it.

No disrespect to him but...

I'd soo laugh if he replyed to you saying he was paranoid lol, but tbh even though that sounds funny, I myself am paranoid on where my internet information is going to and who is handling it, theres only certern sites I'm on that know my real information because I use Tor for firefox for my internet usage.

No disrespect to him but...

I'd soo laugh if he replyed to you saying he was paranoid lol, but tbh even though that sounds funny, I myself am paranoid on where my internet information is going to and who is handling it, theres only certern sites I'm on that know my real information because I use Tor for firefox for my internet usage.

I'm not really too paranoid except for stuff that could cause identity theft like online banking etc. As far as my fetish websites go, it's all fully legal and I am aware that most sites collect that basic information, so it's not a big deal if I see it in somebody's signature because that actual person doesn't really have my info.

Thats true, its just a script that displays the info like [you] does on the smf forums, but still...

ahh well it don't matter lets have a nice big swesshy hug all together now...

Thats true, its just a script that displays the info like [you] does on the smf forums, but still...

ahh well it don't matter lets have a nice big swesshy hug all together now...

Agree, HUGS, but I don't have anything to hide, so I'm not paranoid. It just annoys me as I said in the title post!

Big Hugs to Saya and everyone

XXXXXXX