LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How-To: Modify A Pacifier Yourself

buggie

Earlier today someone on Fetlife asked how this might be done, so I tested the idea and made a how-to. Thought I would post it here :)

Combining a MAM and NUK pacifier: post-28420-12700844483925_thumb.jpg

So, I got one of Nuk’s new silicon pacifiers which now come in size 3! Love the size upgrade and the silicon because it tastes better and I am mildly allergic to latex. Don’t like the shield. It rubs too much and it’s small and not very cute. I know I like MAM shields, so I combined them. (PS. you might not really need a size 5, for the $4 bucks that a Nuk 3 is, you might want to give it a try - the new silicon one is shaped differently than the classic one)

You will need:

1. a pocket knife or something with the equivalent strength/thinness

2. two pacifiers

There are three parts to a pacifier – the shield, the nipple, and the ‘button’. On a MAM pacifier the button is easy to identify – it sticks out :P

You want to get your knife between the shield and the button. On the sides of the button there is a small indent shaped like ] where the two kinda snap together, get the knife in here and pry apart. Do this on the other side. Repeat all around the pacifier. Concentrate mostly on these little indents. It will snap apart. Take the nipple out and save the button and shield.

The Nuk that I have also has a button but it is more fused into the pacifier. This is why I couldn’t get them part without making some big dents in it. I cut off the handle and then used the remaining gap where the handle had been strung through the button to pry the button off with the knife. Just be careful not to dig too deeply, there is nothing really protecting the nipple on this pacifier (don’t know if it’s the same with NUK 5’s).

It will come apart. Pull the nipple out. Pick up the MAM shield and slide the nipple in (non sucking end first) into the MAM shield. Put the button back on – remember to make sure your picture is right side up so it won’t be upside down in your mouth!

TA-DA! You’re done!!!

This took me half an hour the first time, without a how-to already in my mind. It took me ten the second time - so I say it's pretty easy. Be careful with the knife or ask a friend/mommy/daddy to do it for you!

post-28420-12700844483925_thumb.jpg

Earlier today someone on Fetlife asked how this might be done, so I tested the idea and made a how-to. Thought I would post it here :)

Combining a MAM and NUK pacifier: post-28420-12700844483925_thumb.jpg

So, I got one of Nuk’s new silicon pacifiers which now come in size 3! Love the size upgrade and the silicon because it tastes better and I am mildly allergic to latex. Don’t like the shield. It rubs too much and it’s small and not very cute. I know I like MAM shields, so I combined them. (PS. you might not really need a size 5, for the $4 bucks that a Nuk 3 is, you might want to give it a try - the new silicon one is shaped differently than the classic one)

You will need:

1. a pocket knife or something with the equivalent strength/thinness

2. two pacifiers

There are three parts to a pacifier – the shield, the nipple, and the ‘button’. On a MAM pacifier the button is easy to identify – it sticks out :P

You want to get your knife between the shield and the button. On the sides of the button there is a small indent shaped like ] where the two kinda snap together, get the knife in here and pry apart. Do this on the other side. Repeat all around the pacifier. Concentrate mostly on these little indents. It will snap apart. Take the nipple out and save the button and shield.

The Nuk that I have also has a button but it is more fused into the pacifier. This is why I couldn’t get them part without making some big dents in it. I cut off the handle and then used the remaining gap where the handle had been strung through the button to pry the button off with the knife. Just be careful not to dig too deeply, there is nothing really protecting the nipple on this pacifier (don’t know if it’s the same with NUK 5’s).

It will come apart. Pull the nipple out. Pick up the MAM shield and slide the nipple in (non sucking end first) into the MAM shield. Put the button back on – remember to make sure your picture is right side up so it won’t be upside down in your mouth!

TA-DA! You’re done!!!

This took me half an hour the first time, without a how-to already in my mind. It took me ten the second time - so I say it's pretty easy. Be careful with the knife or ask a friend/mommy/daddy to do it for you!

Nice idea.

Would have been better if you had added an after conversion photo/image or even better before-during-after photos - a picture is worth a lot more words!

babylock

Nice idea.

Would have been better if you had added an after conversion photo/image or even better before-during-after photos - a picture is worth a lot more words!

babylock

That's a good idea. It would only let me upload the one photo, though. Perhaps I am missing something :) If anyone tells me how I will do it the next time I take one apart.

• 2 weeks later...

Good Golly, Buggie,

How did I miss this one? I have a few Nuk 3's and another one which says Momma's Boy in it. I had a Nuk 5 which is still the best I've ever found - only I lost it! Until I get a replacement Nuk 5, I have to use what I have. Gee these are addicting!

I've heard it was possible but now I have a first hand account on how to convert a paci. I'll try to bring them with me next time I see you - uh, 'em, maybe you could help me make one too?

Thanks, Sis!

I've heard it was possible but now I have a first hand account on how to convert a paci. I'll try to bring them with me next time I see you - uh, 'em, maybe you could help me make one too?

Thanks, Sis!

I'll pack the stuff I've been using to do it. I took apart all of my MAM's and now whenever I wanna just change my style, I do :P

• 2 weeks later...

Hey buggie!

I wanted to thank you for showing me how to make a custom pacifier. I totally love mine! Its the coolest!

Having spraining my left hand I had a hard time trying to cut that ring off. Heck, I though I was strong. It was AMAZING to watch but I must be all thumbs. I could hardly see that notch you showed me - it was teensie alright.

Now with a little practice I can show other friends how to make their own special "silly". Fanks!

I'm gonna be on the lookout for a MAM paci strap like what Angela was talking about.

I wonder if there's any company out there that prints "custom" Binky buttons...I'd order a few dozen for NJL!

• 1 month later...

Here is mine, I made it from a Nuk 5 niple, and a MAM Maxi air shield, it really feels good in and around the mouth, I almost always sleep with mine and im not even a baby. the maxi air shield lets you breath thru your mouth as if there was nothing.

post-26610-036049500 1276298251_thumb.jp

post-26610-036049500 1276298251_thumb.jp