LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Taxes And Diapers

I came across a tweet from a company that sells diapers and they mentioned that your should stock up on Diapers today as tomorrow, I am guessing 3/31, there will be a federal tax on Diapers. Does anyone know if this is true? Because it being so close April 1st it sometimes is hard to believe these things.

Although this wouldn't surprise me. I doubt it's a federal tax.

They may be referring to the "interstate commerce act".

That basically means, if you buy something from another state online, you owe tax to your state.

Someone correct me if I am wrong on this.

There are many businesses, that are only concerned about their own state tax.

So if you live out of that state, you basically get a discount.

Some businesses (I'm sure with assistance of taxed states) will collect for the state you live in.

I run a small business and the state tax department is always on my diaper about if I'm collecting enough tax for them.

The IRS is kind and accepts my token amount that I prepare legally without question.

But with the new health care bill (and bailouts) I see a federal sales tax becoming a consideration just as soon as we loose Saturday mail.

Right now 3% is collected on things such as phone bills, etc.

So in short, YES... if you have the money, hoard all the diapers you can.

Besides, It's fun having a closet full of cases of diapers if you have the room.

• Like 1

A diaper tax? Nope. Google search doesn't come up with anything.

In California, I know for a fact there's no such thing.

There is, however, as Kari said, the Interstate Commerce Act but that's been around since 1887. It's not new.

Here is the tweet that I got.

DiaperStore New federal tax on disposable diapers starts tomorrow. Stock up today!

Now as I said this could be a joke with April 1st only 2 days away (I have always hated April Fools Day) but I just thought I would ask about it.

The nearest thing to a "Diaper Tax" that I've heard of is this...

Apparently, in the health care bill, there is a new tax on medical devices,

designed to help pay for the bill. Now if diapers are classified as medical

devices, I guess this could happen!

On the other hand, if Washington does start taxing diapers, we might want

to consider sending them the diapers... when they're full.

Here is the tweet that I got.

DiaperStore New federal tax on disposable diapers starts tomorrow. Stock up today!

Now as I said this could be a joke with April 1st only 2 days away (I have always hated April Fools Day) but I just thought I would ask about it.

Well Kitty could just be the DiaperStore's way of drumming up sales.

Hmm. After some research it is true. There is a new 2.3% excise tax on durable medical equipment.

“SEC. 4191. MEDICAL DEVICES. (a) IN GENERAL.—There is hereby imposed on the sale of any taxable medical device by the manufacturer, producer, or importer a tax equal to 2.3 percent of the price for which so sold. (B) TAXABLE MEDICAL DEVICE.—For purposes of this section— (1) IN GENERAL.—The term ‘taxable medical device’ means any device (as defined in section 201(h) of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act) intended for humans. (2) EXEMPTIONS.—Such term shall not include— (A) eyeglasses, (B) contact lenses,

Of course this could be an added tax if say your state (such the one I live in) charges a sales tax from which there is on Adult Diapers (as we call them) of course if want to you might be able to deduct that "Medical" tax and tax form but then you have to admit to the government that you have a need for it they audit you. So it all comes down to how you want to press your luck I guess.

The new health care bill contains new taxes on wheel chairs, walkers and other durable handicapped necessities. So, I won't be surprised if this includes other health supplies such as diapers etc.

My power wheelchair cost $43,000(not a typo). Now there will be a tax an top of that next time I need to get a new chair, just a bowl full of awesomeness. Fortunately, within the past few years I was able to get new insurance that covered 100% durable medical equipment(insurance I had before this one covered 0% DME) so my chair was fully covered.

My question is, will insurance pay for the tax on medical items? My guess is no. Unfortunately my insurance does not cover incontinence supplies, so soon I'll be paying more "out-of-pocket" money for my supplies, whoopi! On the plus side though, a couple days ago I just placed an order for a case of the new Dry 24/7 diapers, hopefully they are as good as everyone says.