LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Simplistic Toys...?

Codymoogle

As a semi-followup to my Quality Vs. Quantity & Memories And Song... topics/semi-seperate thought, I've been wracking my brain today trying to figure out something else...

I find (as mentioned in the Quality Vs. Quantity topic) that I prefer quality to quantity...But the part of the quality, I find, is simplicity. I also find that simple things make me feel my best and most "free", like the song I mentioned in the Memories And Song topic. Electronic toys, for example, usually annoy me and "mess me up" if that's all I have. Now, that's not to say I don't enjoy electronic toys, because I do - a RC car, for example, is something I'd definitely enjoy. However, I still like the majority of my toys, plushies, and dolls (and most things, really) to be simple.

An example of simplicity would be a Waldorf Doll like this one or this one. Another example would be a plushie like Baby Gund Bibi. An example of a simple book that I enjoy is The Very Hungry Caterpillar.

That's all well and good, I suppose...I've always gravitated towards the simple things...But my question is why is it like that? I'm sure it's connected to my chronological infancy, but why? Sometimes I feel awkward, because most of my preference for things has been labeled "boring" by others.

Truth is though, I had a daydream type thing today...

In it, I was with Daddy...It was a nice, sunny, beautiful day. We were in our fenced in yard (sidenote: we don't live together yet, and this dreamlike state was apparently how I perceived how our yard would be), and there was a plain, light colored quilt on the grass...It had pastel colors, like soft yellow, lilac, baby blue, and pink. On the quilt was a few blocks, a non-electronic toy dump truck, a simple baby safe (embroidered features and the like) plushie that I do not own in actuality, and Bunny (she's a plushie bunny that I've had for about 10 years now). Bunny was in the truck, and the blocks were scattered, indicating that I had played with them before. The blanket and all on it was warmed by the sun, so it was a nice spot. I was sitting with Daddy, not really doing much of anything besides sitting together and enjoying each other's company...I was holding a doll, too...She/he, I don't know which, was a Waldorf doll like I mentioned above. I don't have a Waldorf doll in actuality, either. She/he seemed part of the moment too, and it was a calming feeling. After a while, in this daydream, Daddy wanted to read...So I took my doll and laid on the blanket with everything surrounding me for a nap.

For me, that daydream wasn't boring at all...It was a very soothing experience, and the type of experience I like to live. I hate being bogged down by complicated anything...I still wonder why I'm like that though. No matter what, however, I want to be able to do away with as much complication as I can.

Hm, maybe this was more of a blog entry type post than an actual insightful discussion post...But I would appreciate comments/questions/answers nonetheless...

~ moogle

If you ever see me around cats or dogs I sound like a little kid, I usually run after cats to pick em up as my siamese cats functioned as plushies for me as a small child. I don't remember a lot of my infancy aside from getting slapped for playing with my diaper tapes(ironically I would have smacked me too, they're much better on :rolleyes:) and the other major memory I have is of a glowing hand going up the wall while sitting in my crib as an infant. I used to have more memories however a sledding accident when I was five kinda put a damper on that.(Snow tube and tree are not good friends)

• 1 month later...

My favorite anti-stress thing is a little teething ring with a bear head that I got at IKEA. He's so darling it's hard to be stressed looking at him and shaking his little rattle...

I like legos. I think legos are the best invention ever. You can make simple towers or really complex constructions and what you build doesn't have to be recognizable to be cool. :)

Guest NaughtyAshes

I'm a fidgeter by nature so any sort of debris or object nearby immediately becomes my play thing. I can easily sit there and play with a straw for an hour. :-D