LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Why Are The Girl Prints Better Than Boys?

MLGTexas84

Every time I go to the store in search of baby products, I always find really cool Girl Prints, but the Boy Prints are super lame.

Girls get Disney Princess, on their cups and pull-ups. Dora, Butterfly's, flowers and all sorts of cute things.

If I manage to find a boy product it is usually either Toy Story or Cars. I have interest in neither.

Do you all have any advice or just want to complain about this?

yea I agree girls clothes are much more babish. But they are more likely to be bought most men would'nt wear clothes which are seen in public.

We have underwear at the moment with superhero's and kid cartoon's so in the future it will change. So stay alive.

Maybe us males are just too afraid to wear what we like. If we listened less to the "fashion police" and wore what was attractive to us, more would be available.

wribbit

I think something got lost here:

I'm not saying I want to wear Disney Princesses, I want Super Heroes or action oriented cartoons. In the baby section the options are clearly girl or gender neutral. Where is the Clearly Boy?

The only thing I can come up with is that all of the companies have contracts with Disney so they can get the Princess line (girl) or Winnie the Pooh (neutral). Does Disney have a male oriented series?

Then again I see Dora (girl) and Sponge Bob (neutral) cups and other things, but somehow their boy orientated shows don't get translated over.

Now if you go to the Little Boys Section (leaving the baby) these things are all over the place. So why can't I get them on a diaper bag or sippy cup?

I feel it's because boys are more original...

Girls go with cute. Boys go with rugged.

Girls selection is gentle (or provides a sort of tranquility). Princesses. Teddy bears. Magic. Butterflies. Flowers.

Boys selection is aggressive (or provides a sort of rush). Dinosaurs. Super heros. Dragons. Cars. Tools.

So... it's really ironic. There are very select "gentle" things. Nature is gentle and Disney movies are gentle. There are only SO many things stereotypical girls can like. So the companies that make this stuff know exactly what girls will buy (or their parents per se). Butterflies and princesses. Whereas there are many more things that are aggressive, since it's a necessity to live, and a lot more things portrayed that way like carnivores or dinosaurs. And a million popular super heros where Disney has the monopoly on 5 or 6 princesses. Thousands of vehicles. Thousands of building tools. And it's harder for people making these boy things to pinpoint EXACTLY what a boy wants to own. So they stick with the general stuff as not to lose money and hope that it doesn't fail. They've got a failsafe with girls.

So that's my theory... boys get less variety because they want different things. Thusly, it's less productive for a company to guess what those things are.

My amendment to that theory is that companies also can't distribute things TOO violent or aggressive to children... limiting lightly the stuff boys want. Just a side-note.

And finally, let me say you're only contributing to the problem. If you don't like the stuff they have, perhaps recommend stuff they dont. Because you, yourself, didn't even specify the sort of designs you were looking for on these toys and pullups. If it's not Toy Story or Cars, what would you like to see?

(Actually, with our vast population, someone should be able to find something online without much trouble. Ask and you shall receive.)

-Sophie

Maybe boys would like pictures of machine guns, atomic bomb blasts, improvised explosive devices, etc. I do not think parents would buy these for real kids and the market is too small to make just for adults.

wribbit