LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Parachuting In Diapers?

Guest diaperguy68

I don't think I'll skydive (clothed, diapered or naked) anytime soon! Perhaps if I had a parachute on and the plane was falling out of control I might, but I'm scared of heights! (Yes, scared of heights and I have a pilot's license!)

Interesting to know about the air temp at altitued. I always wondered about that. In ground school it was helpful as fog occures when dew point and air temp are within about 4 degrees of each other. Somthing they told you to watch for when climbing and there is humidity in the air. I also suspect that Michigan, being farther north and surrounded by the great lakes might make it colder at altitude than someone in southerm California or the southwetern states.

Skydiving happens most of the time over land. On a sunny day the ground heats up and the heat drifts up into the sky. This helps to warm the air above the ground for quite some distance. At 10,000 to 15,000 feet you would still feel less of a cooling effect over land. Over water this doesn't happen as noticeably, and would get a average drop of 4 degrees per 100 feet of increased elevation.

The standard temperature lapse rate is 2°C (3.6°F) per 1000'. You could expect the temperature to be 10°C (50°F) at 10,000' if it's 30°C (86°F) on the ground at sea level. Many, many factors will make that change, though, such as temperature inversions from radiation or warm fronts.

Most thunderstorms develop when the sun heats the ground and the warm moist air rises high into the atmosphere. It rises because the air above it is cold. Near the equator, clouds sometimes top out at 60,000'; At the higher latitudes, they reach about 45,000'.

Neat to hear you're a pilot! Aviation is fun stuff. How long have you been flying? I earned my FAA Senior Parachute Rigger's ticket and I sometimes pack pilot emergency rigs, as well as skydiving reserves. Thus far I have 3 documented saves, I'm pretty proud of that :-)

I realize skydiving isn't for everyone, but for those who haven't ever seen a parachute jump, you should go to your local drop zone and just watch. It can be really pretty to spectate. I've been at it for 10+ years and love it. It's one of my favorite things in the world to do (parachuting of all types), although I do carry some residual environmentalist guilt. There's little in the world that's as hard on the environment as using airplanes to get rides to altitude. :-/ Nevertheless, it can be a highly spiritual experience coupled with an amazing growing one. For those on the edge, I highly recommend checking out dropzone.com and/or uspa.org. You can find local drop zones to where you live and learn more about what it takes to get into the sport.

Skydivers have a term for those who say "Oh, I've -never- go skydiving!"/"You won't get me out of plane"/"I like MY feet on the ground": Whuffos. In fact most drop zones have a "Whuffo line" and Whuffos have to stay on their side, so they're out of the way of those who are jumping. Whuffo is a term that comes from perhaps the first non-skydiving observer of sport parachuting who's remembered for saying "Whuffo you jump outta a perfuctly good airplane??".

Anyways, if anyone's ever interested in talking about skydiving lemmno.

Skydive not to escape life, but to keep life from escaping.

--Lex

As an experienced parachutist (USPA D-license, 500+ jumps, fixed object parachutist, etc) I can tell you that people jump wearing everything and nothing. I've done naked jumps, costume jumps, silly jumps of all kinds. If I wanted to jump in just a diaper I could, and I've thought about doing a playful one dressed as cupid (diaper, heart shaped arrows, and little wings).

However, until you're an experienced skydiver, most drop zones will ask you to use a proper jump suit, or wear appropriate clothing, etc. However, skydiving isn't a highly regulated sport (at least not in North America). You can ask a farmer with a crop duster to take you up to jump and so long as you're landing on his land, it's perfectly legal. In fact, this is how many old school jumpers first learned.

Skydiving is a ton of fun, and if you want to go, feel free to PM me. I've jumped all over the US and Canada, and have been at it for well over 10 years. :)

If you really want to jump in just a diaper though, you're going to have to get off student status to the point where you can jump by yourself, and convince the drop zone owner and pilot that you're qualified to jump wearing just a diaper.

Stay in touch and be well!

--Lex

I will for sure PM you. Ive done some jumping in BC and would love to know where you jumped.

I would not be surprised if you know a relative of mine up there. It is best those details are in PM if they are exchanged at all.

I'm looking to get certified this spring. I've got a big chunk of change to throw out the side of a perfectly good airplane and I cant think of a better way to spend it.

Yes, I will absolutely parachute in a diaper.

No, I will not do it with no cloths on.

I've gone skydiving in just a diaper in second life does that count? :P But seriously I've never jumped out of a perfectly working plane and well don't really plan to unless either a. i win a lottery or b. someone bought me a tandom or static jump as a gift. I got enough hobbies and use up my fun money. Now wearing a diaper while scuba diving been there done that - that's easy to get away with in a dry suit. It was quite interesting when I got my first dry suit, the head dive instructor told us some people get pee valves put in their suits (for boyz only) for long dives while others hold it or you can wear a diaper. On a side note with wet suits when i first got into the hobby I was informed that 90% of people when they get into the water will pee in their wetsuit....while the other 10% lie about...remember this next time you rent a wet suit. :P

Cheers n happy diving be it in the air or in the water :)

LitlAndy