LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cannot Depend On Depends

I have a friend that runs a route at night that sometimes takes her away from a public bathroom.

She knows well about my "diaper tenancies" be it for "DL" or practicality.

I can make it to the potty but it better be nearby, or I'm wetting whatever I'm wearing.

So far, she still squats in the snow, but she did ask me to leave her one if she ever found the urge.

I was coming back this morning and I guess if they (Depends) aren't checked and/or adjusted regularly, the are no better than plain undies.

I had a sudden urge to flow, and panicked a little.

First I let out just enough to take the pressure off and think up my next move.

I will try to use a bathroom if one's around, but I was not near any.

So I settled back while driving to do a "slow flow".

I thought it be all contained and didn't even think about it till I got home.

Then I realized, there were those two obvious wet spots on either side of my butt.

Is this common, or am I wearing them in some way wrong.

It's embarrassing going from the car to in your house with wet butt-cheeks.

The dreaded "press-out leak"! The diaper actually took it and was trying to hold it, but the part trying to hold got squeezed between your glutius maximus and the car seat. The loser was your pants.

Depends are not that dependable, but they are discrete and widely available. You've got to give them credit for what they are and why they are such a strong presence in the market. Considering that most of the medically incon people dribble frequently rather than flood and change frequently, the Depend diaper is a pretty good design for them.

Since you probably do mini floods, a premium diaper would be better and vinyl pants would help. Of course this solution is not what Depends are. To get away with this you have to wear baggy pants (I have carpenter jeans) and be able to buy diapers by mail order.

• Like 1

if you are going to be wearing Depends use a booster pad to suck up the flood. Depends are at best a poor attempt at protection.

quote name='Kari' date='11 March 2010 - 04:32 PM' timestamp='1268346758' post='285420']

I have a friend that runs a route at night that sometimes takes her away from a public bathroom.

She knows well about my "diaper tenancies" be it for "DL" or practicality.

I can make it to the potty but it better be nearby, or I'm wetting whatever I'm wearing.

So far, she still squats in the snow, but she did ask me to leave her one if she ever found the urge.

I was coming back this morning and I guess if they (Depends) aren't checked and/or adjusted regularly, the are no better than plain undies.

I had a sudden urge to flow, and panicked a little.

First I let out just enough to take the pressure off and think up my next move.

I will try to use a bathroom if one's around, but I was not near any.

So I settled back while driving to do a "slow flow".

I thought it be all contained and didn't even think about it till I got home.

Then I realized, there were those two obvious wet spots on either side of my butt.

....Then I realized, there were those two obvious wet spots on either side of my butt.

It would be even more embarrassing with your pants completely soaked- been there, done both :blush: If you read much of the comments on any incontinence or ABDL website, one of the first things you find is that Depends are a waste of time and money, and totally undependable too :angry: The only thing Depends got right is their marketing :o Everybody know what "Depends" are, and like "Pampers" or "Kleenex" the word has come to be the one commonly used to describe all similar products. If you want better protection available locally most drug stored offer store brands in a "nighttime" version :) These are far better than Depends and often cost less :thumbsup: Medical supply stores may have even better products, but the best adult diapers are only available by ordering them. Most people nowadays do this online.

I'd recommend that you first check out the "reviews"page here before buying anything :rolleyes: I'd also add that very few diapers can contain "flooding", where you release a full bladder all at once. All adult diapers do better when they have more time to absorb the wetness ;) You will need to change your urinating habits when diapered to match the diaper you wear as each works differently. You also need to wear a style and size which fits well at the legs B) Since everyone is shaped differently, the fit of a diaper isn't something you can get from reading a review or comment; you pretty much have to try different ones until you find which is best for you-but that's part of the fun of being a DL :P

Bettypooh

• 13 years later...