LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Train Your Nose! You'Ll Be Surprised What Happens!

Our sense of smell is probably the strongest connection to memories and events that we have. I got some new plastic pants this past week. When I opened a new pair the smell took me back to one of my fondest memories. My nanny used to hold a clean pair over my nose and try to look ferocious and say: "This is what these should smell like, not an outhouse!" It always made me laugh. I've noticed that scent is a powerful tool that way. Last night, just before I turned off the reading light to go to sleep, fluffing the covers sent up the scent of diapers already wet at least once. I was instantly taken back to a moment a few months ago when Mommy put my baby blankie over me and caught that odor. "I just changed those diapers baby boy!" She said, tickling my neck and when I covered it tickling my feet. Diapers just off the line, still warm from the sun always smell so good! So train that nose!

Our sense of smell is probably the strongest connection to memories and events that we have. I got some new plastic pants this past week. When I opened a new pair the smell took me back to one of my fondest memories. My nanny used to hold a clean pair over my nose and try to look ferocious and say: "This is what these should smell like, not an outhouse!" It always made me laugh. I've noticed that scent is a powerful tool that way. Last night, just before I turned off the reading light to go to sleep, fluffing the covers sent up the scent of diapers already wet at least once. I was instantly taken back to a moment a few months ago when Mommy put my baby blankie over me and caught that odor. "I just changed those diapers baby boy!" She said, tickling my neck and when I covered it tickling my feet. Diapers just off the line, still warm from the sun always smell so good! So train that nose!

When I was almost 6 years old, I notieced that the smell of Johnson's Baby Powder called back something that I could not quite remember and did something to me that I could not understand. In my Compay Reviews post about Rite-Aid baby powder and lotion, I stress that they smell like tho old Johnson's products. What I do is put some baby lotion and water into my potpurri heater and use it. Smells like a little rubber panty girl's bedroom nursery

The reason scent is such a powerful stimulant is that it is processed in an evolutionarily older part of the brain. About as good is the auditory system. Try music for bringing back memories

Language also has a big mneumonic component. For example, If I were an alien and learned what "Friday" meant, I could get the literal meaning but not interpret its meaning to perosns of this culture. If, as that alien, I had telepathic powers, I could read the images that we associate with Friday, such as no school tomorrow and the absolute joy that we felt and later, going to the school dance and later still no work tomorrow. probably all in the matter of a few seconds as a single, compressed "file" called a gestalt. That is why a non-native of a culture never quite gets all of the language and why "interpretation" is as important in translation as meaning. I have heard someone using "it wants to say..." when they do not quite get the handle on what they want to say in English

Idioms are often hard to translate, because the literal translation doesn't make sense. A funny example I remember was the Spanish translation of Shrek. The part where donkey says "And in the mornin, I'm making WAFFLES!" in spanish is translated "TAMALES!" which are really nothing like waffles. XD

It makes me sad, at times, that my experiental memory isn't very good. I mean, I can't just think back on something and remember what someone looked like or how something felt. I couldn't even describe clearly what my own wife looks like. On the other hand, I remember information and details very clearly, I still remember working on one of my first projects at my office, over seven years ago. I still remember my student ID number from junior high.

Yet perhaps another way I'm a bit effed up... The only memories I have tied to smell is the basic "this smells like [pase what's making the smell, or what the smell resembles (such as the "rotten egg/skunk" smell caused by thyols and/or sulphur) here]". I lost points on some papers dealing with memories in English class because I couldn't recall the smells of the situation... Or it could simply be that my life's boring enough that none of the significant events have had any unique smells in them...