LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Flour Sack Towel As A Diaper

sparente

Has anyone used a flour sack towel as a diaper? I found some at my local convenience store the other day. They wer only about $2.00 each but I found several places on line that sells them in bulk for less. They remind me of the old Curity cloth 21x40 diapers that were around years ago and were my favorites.

I use regular hand or small bath towels! They can hold about 3 good floodings with plastic pants. All that I do is fold that towel in quarters and place it in a pair of tidie whities and that briefs hold up the towel. They work great!

I use regular hand or small bath towels! They can hold about 3 good floodings with plastic pants. All that I do is fold that towel in quarters and place it in a pair of tidie whities and that briefs hold up the towel. They work great!

You make an excellent point, Fully. When I travel, I sometimes bring along a pair of plastic pants and some diaper pins and use the hotel towels as diapers. I only wet, and I always rinse the "diapers" out very well in the tub, so I don't consider it any worse than what people normally do with hotel towels*. ;-)

But the nice thing about this is that I don't have to bring along bulky supplies that could potentially embarrass me, but I still get the whole sleeping-in-a-diaper experience. Which is something I never get a home, sadly.

-RMS

*Rubbing them all over their balls, drying their asses, bed protection when having sex, etc. Oh stop it, you know you've done all those things and more.

back when I was much slimmer than I am now. They felt great and were very white. But I only wore them for aesthetics, I don't know how absorbent they are or how many you would need to fold together to be functional. Let us know how you use them.

I haven't wet in them yet. I don't know if they would hold more than one wetting episode. When I want to wet I use a terry cloth towel and plastic pants which work great. When I used to be slim as well and the Curity's used to fit, I didn't wet them much. The problem was that in the 70's it was difficult if not impossible to buy plastic pants for adults although I'm sure they were around but I didn't know where to find them. I did make a fairly usable substitute using two pair of Playtex plastic pants and sewing them together with the narrow end making the crotch and the wide backs of the two making the waist.

You make an excellent point, Fully. When I travel, I sometimes bring along a pair of plastic pants and some diaper pins and use the hotel towels as diapers. I only wet, and I always rinse the "diapers" out very well in the tub, so I don't consider it any worse than what people normally do with hotel towels*. ;-)

But the nice thing about this is that I don't have to bring along bulky supplies that could potentially embarrass me, but I still get the whole sleeping-in-a-diaper experience. Which is something I never get a home, sadly.

-RMS

*Rubbing them all over their balls, drying their asses, bed protection when having sex, etc. Oh stop it, you know you've done all those things and more.

Oh damn, I do that too!!!! I use their towels as diapers all the time. They replace them every morning so why not. I always rinse them well, I let the water fill up in the tub a bit with some soap and then squish them around under my feet as I get clean. ringing them out is tough but do able. I'm so glad I'm not the only one!!!

My wife thinks it;s gross but...eh it works.

Oh damn, I do that too!!!! I use their towels as diapers all the time. They replace them every morning so why not. I always rinse them well, I let the water fill up in the tub a bit with some soap and then squish them around under my feet as I get clean. ringing them out is tough but do able. I'm so glad I'm not the only one!!!

My wife thinks it;s gross but...eh it works.

They bleach those things so much it wouldn't matter what you did in them. That's why you'll never see any color other than white. And remember, urine is sterile, so what we're doing is a lot more sanitary than what they're designed for. ;-)

-RMS

back when I was much slimmer than I am now. They felt great and were very white. But I only wore them for aesthetics, I don't know how absorbent they are or how many you would need to fold together to be functional. Let us know how you use them.

OK - went online and ordered some that are 30"x38". They came in today, I put theme in a soak and rinse cycle twice and then washed, dried and used the "air" option at the end of the drying cycle. Made a rather thick diaper, 2 flat layers, 2 tri- folded layers (for a 6 layer soaker), then 2 more flat layers on top for a total of 10 layers. I thought it might be overkill but it wasn't. They felt & looked great but did not absorb more than a couple of wettings before leaking out of the plastic pants. Perhaps I'll try using a terry towel soaker next time and I have a few other ideas. Like I said, they feel & look great so I will attempt other combinations to see if I can make them work.

One nice thing is that they do dry quickly after a washing, not like the flannel pre-folds or my other pre-made thick diapers.

OK - went online and ordered some that are 30"x38". They came in today, I put theme in a soak and rinse cycle twice and then washed, dried and used the "air" option at the end of the drying cycle. Made a rather thick diaper, 2 flat layers, 2 tri- folded layers (for a 6 layer soaker), then 2 more flat layers on top for a total of 10 layers. I thought it might be overkill but it wasn't. They felt & looked great but did not absorb more than a couple of wettings before leaking out of the plastic pants. Perhaps I'll try using a terry towel soaker next time and I have a few other ideas. Like I said, they feel & look great so I will attempt other combinations to see if I can make them work.

One nice thing is that they do dry quickly after a washing, not like the flannel pre-folds or my other pre-made thick diapers.

I bought the 30x38 flour sack towels at a local farm supply store and used them also. The fabric is more loosly woven and pee passes thru the cloth quickly to hit the plastic pants, but they will absorb slowly and wick to the whole diaper (not just the front or back like a disposable) and thus one becomes "Soaked to the Pins!" After several more washings they may absorbe more quickly. Ya gotta break them in. I use the heavyweight 36x36 birdseye cloth diapers daily for one major reason: pinning strength. The flour sack towels just rip too easily when pinned tight. The 30x38's work quite well when double and used as outer diapers and iner liners as you described. A terry towel or several baby prefold soaker diapers work better at holding a flood. Always get wide crotch plastic pants.

HAPPINESS IS WEARING COTTON DIAPERS