LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Roleplaying Vs. Real World

This is something that's been on my mind lately.

It's been a couple of years since I last cruised the AB/DL communities, looking to network with others and I noticed how a lot of things changed since my last effort.

For one, when I've participated in some conversations, some people would deviate from a conversation -- grounded in reality -- by injecting fantasy elements into the discussion. I'm talking to people on one of these AB/DL sites (not this one), and someone would say something like, "In real life, I'm only two years old and my mommy changes me," or they would dive right into "baby talk." I can fully understand that being a part of the AB/DL gives people the entitlement to be their "baby selves" without being forced to accept political correctness found in the offline world. I get it, but at the same time, I find it a little disingenuous at the same time. It's one thing to say, "Okay, we accept that sort of behavior," but it's another when people misconstrue our acceptance and brazenly push that behavior into a conversation between adults who prefer to be adults.

I have my prejudices in that I'm an adult and I'm a straight-shooter. I'm very accepting of people who do what they want to do, but in return, I expect people to respect the fact that I don't partake in roleplaying. I have this outlook because I prefer getting to know people on a realistic level: knowing who they are as the man or the woman behind the nickname. So when some 40-year-old says to me, "I poopy in my diapee," I'm deterred from talking to them any further because that sort of behavior doesn't tell me a thing about who they are.

• Like 2

I totally hear you on that one. I believe you gotta balance life and there are times usually more often than not. You gotta be an adult. To survive this world you gotta work and be responsible. I like to think I got a great balanced life. I played around in college but took school seriously and got a good job out of it with all the benifits you get with one. I set goals along the way..ie get a car...get a house etc. All the time still having some ab fun. I also suspect if i went 24/7 i'd probably get board with it all. Just gotta remember AB stands for ADULT baby...you gotta grow up first and face your responsibilities as a full fledged adult...then you can play as much as you want.

Now if you've won that 30 million dollar lottery...just disregard all this and screw responsibility LOL

Cheers

LitlAndy

Mostly, this type of thing seems to be a problem (regardless if it's age play or roleplaying in general) when there's a lack of outlet for it, or when people start going overboard and using it in topics where it's clearly an uncalled-for deviation. Sure, it can be fun to stage a RP shoot-out or something, but that requires a topic that allows for such to happen, if not its own topic. The same goes for age-play. It shouldn't be interjected into serious areas of discussion.

Mostly, this type of thing seems to be a problem (regardless if it's age play or roleplaying in general) when there's a lack of outlet for it, or when people start going overboard and using it in topics where it's clearly an uncalled-for deviation. Sure, it can be fun to stage a RP shoot-out or something, but that requires a topic that allows for such to happen, if not its own topic. The same goes for age-play. It shouldn't be interjected into serious areas of discussion.

I agree with you, but yet, the places where I see this happening do have an outlet for roleplaying -- and it just kills me.

Someone wrote me in private a few hours ago and said, "You know, it's a way of life for some people so you just have to accept it," and to that I say: yes, I do accept it so please accept me for being me and respect my wish.

I think some people forget that the internet is nothing like real life. . .

IRL, we judge each other by using all of our senses: You see someone, and you judge them based on their appearance. You smell them, listen to them, and, if the sight, smell, and listening tests are satisfactory, you might get to taste and touch! And since the existence of Man on this planet, that's how it's been, and will continue to be, until our species further evolves its communications methods. (telepathy, anyone?)

But here on the internet, we use NONE of those criteria to judge each other. Instead, we have our words. Let's not forget, the Internet was invented by geeks who weren't very good-looking, smelling, or social. But they sure paid attention in school because their words and phrases (and binary figures!) were/are top-notch.

Decades later, the internet is a social tool for everybody, and that means EVERYBODY. So, even if the person on the other side of the screen is SUPER HOT, we won't know it. If that same super-attractive individual can't type, or form a coherent paragraph on any given topic, or, isn't so strong on expressing themselves through words -- well, you're not apt to think very highly of them. Why not? Well, since you've never met them in person, all you've got to go with is the characters on the screen. On the flipside, some of you are morbidly obese, and are severely lacking in the class and social skills departments, but yet, you write beautifully, and are well-regarded by your online friends. Not everybody can win at everything, but, some of us are better at some things than others.

So those of you who whine and moan about the Spelling/Grammar Nazis (like me), just remember -- THIS IS THE ONLY CRITERION WE HAVE TO JUDGE EACH OTHER! Our words and phrases are how we present ourselves online. I don't know about you, but, just as I check myself (multiple times) in the mirror before I leave the house, I meticulously edit my online statements for acceptability --Because I know that since none of you know me in person, the only thing you have to judge me, are my words. Some of you only wish you could be more like me --both online, and in real life.

Remaining Topical, I'd like to drive home the point that when you use the baby-talk, and generally dumb online lingo (L33t-5P34K), you don't present yourself in the best light. Yes, we know that you want to be a baby --why else are you here? So don't waste your keystrokes trying to convince us when they could be better used to effectively communicate real thoughts and ideas.

Whatever happened to common courtesy and just not caring what other people think? In all honesty we need a roleplaying chat room on this site again. I have only engaged as a little once as anyone who is in chat knows I end up being treated as a cat for some reason( it's my name I know). I am not fond of the baby gibberish when I'm not looking for it so I can atest to people being frustrated however the world doesn't revolve around you or I either so these people are entitled to their own likes and dislikes too. The key here is to not rp with those who don't want to.

In all honesty we need a roleplaying chat room on this site again. I have only engaged as a little once as anyone who is in chat knows I end up being treated as a cat for some reason( it's my name I know).

I agree with the first sentence.

Second sentence......*looks innocent*