LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Interest Coming And Going

Alan UK

I have never really been into the 'binge and purge' thing, and although i've noticed that sometimes i'm a little more interested than others, diapers have pretty much been a constant since the age of about 6.

About a year ago, I ended up in hospital on and off (more on) for about 6 months. For a lot of the time, I was absolutely off my face on morphine as well as lots of other drugs - mainly to stop the pain, put me to sleep, and try to reduce infections. As an occasional bedwetter (who might have made a little more of it than I should), I spent most of the 6 months wearing a diaper. Almost all of the time I was self caring - I don't want to put anybody to any more work and trouble than I have to. Twice - after operations when I couldn't sort myself out, the nurses changed me, which wasn't as satisfying as you might have thought.

Anyway, after the final operation (which removed a dead bit from inside me - nice), I am absolutely sorted and back to work. For the last 6 months or so. i've had absolutely no interest whatsoever in diapers. Only in the last week have I started visiting ABDL sites again, and have fished the diapers from the back of the wardrobe.

I was wondering whether any of you have gone through the same sort of cycle after wearing a lot - perhaps after giving up 24/7?

Good question.

I'm waiting on some Abri form X to be delivered and whilst I have been without diapers I have nt really missed them. But as soon as they are hear I expect I'll want to be wearing/wetting as much as possible.

Much like when I smiked, if I have them (cigs/diapers) on hand then I'll think of them and want to 'have' them, but when I don't have any then I don't crave them.

Perhaps it is 'out of sight out of mind'

Good question.

I'm waiting on some Abri form X to be delivered and whilst I have been without diapers I have nt really missed them. But as soon as they are hear I expect I'll want to be wearing/wetting as much as possible.

Much like when I smiked, if I have them (cigs/diapers) on hand then I'll think of them and want to 'have' them, but when I don't have any then I don't crave them.

Perhaps it is 'out of sight out of mind'

I am the opposite sometimes! When I have them I do not crave them as much but when I do not have any I cannot get them off my mind at all! Weird I know!

This is something that I've thought about a lot, because I tend to go through these cycles myself. I became interested in diapers/wetting when I was somewhere in the range of 10-12, and ever since then I'll go through periods of time where I won't wear diapers, or even think about wearing/wetting anything. Then out of nowhere it'll enter my mind one day; most recently I was at work and unable to get to a bathroom, and I thought to myself "Hey, if I were wearing a diaper I wouldn't need to worry about a bathroom!" Next thing I know, I'm at a grocery store on my day off buying a package of diapers, which I wore full time for about a week. To bed, to work, at home after work, I wore them basically 24/7 for a while; when I had two days off in a row, I didn't even use a toilet for over 48 hours.

Then, as quickly as it came, the interest just evaporated. I woke up one morning, took off my wet diaper and showered, then instead of putting another one back on I just got dressed normally and went to work. Since then I have had no desire to wear at all. I tried to force myself to wear one earlier today, and after unenthusiastically wetting I took it off and did not put another one on. I still have a few left over, and I don't plan on throwing them out ("purging") but I have no idea when I will actually want to wear them again. From past experience, it could be a couple weeks or it could end up being a many months before the desire is back.

I don't know why it happens like this for me. It's not always the way I described, meaning a period of constant use turning into a period of no use at all. Sometimes I'll get the urge and on a laundry day instead of wearing a diaper I'll just pee my pants before I toss them in the washer, and at the time I'll really enjoy it, but then the interest goes away and I'll pass on opportunities to be wetting/diapered. It's interesting, and I've always wondered why I experience it like this.

Well first I'm glad you're out of the hospital :) Those places suck! Bad food, no real privacy, strange smells, and you can't have your four-legged friends visit you to help cheer you up :( Varying interest in anything is normal. You get bored with the same old thing and want something different, so 'old' things go away and are replaced by 'new' ones then it happens again ^_^The things that you can't get away from are the things that matter to you and are what makes you who you are B) Until my actual need to wear came to stay it was much the same with me- a stretch of wearing then a pause, then repeated :blush: As long as you don't try to 'purge' it away you'll be fine ;) Just do what you want when you want to, and don't worry about the way that works- we humans are strange like that and there's no understanding why! :P

Bettypooh

First of all, I'm glad you are doing better and secondly, you were associating diapers with a recent traumatic experience. This is the same when people who get in a nasty car wreck, do not want to drive for a period of time afterwards. Eventually you disassociate the two events from eachother and go back to doing what you enjoy. That being said, welcome back.