LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Age Spread Of This Community

Hay, Im a DL but im also a furry and a fetishist in many other respects

My diaper fetish is a large part of my overall fetishism but it is only about a year old (compared to 6-7 years for bondage and most others) and it is somewhat separate - i do it more than other fetishes outside of sexual situations as you can imagine.

What im getting at here is im not an experienced member of this community, where as i am in the furry community.

Now in the furry fandom the vast vast majority of people are under 25 and the older people stop at about 50 and have been in the fandom since it started.

What strikes me about this community is that people are ether in their late teens/early twenties or 45+ and the number of 45+ seem to be the majority.

I wonder why this is? Why so many oldies! and why not many middle aged peoples?

Im not complaining or anything, just wondering why this statistical anomaly?

This is an interesting question. I think one factor in the difference is the fact that Furry is relatively new compared to diapers. Many of my generation were adults when Fandom started and less likely to get involved. I think most fetishes are acquired at a young age rather than one is older.

Hugs,

Freta

I like how there's older people in the community (NOTE: I'm only talking about those who are sane, not strictly perverted). It's comforting. At the same time, it makes me feel younger in comparison. Goo-goo-ga-gaah.

I like how there's older people in the community

Speaking as one of the older people, I like it too. Not that I don't enjoy the company of you younguns, of course, but if I were the only fortysomething in the room I'd start wondering how welcome I really was. :)

There's also a bit more stigma attached to ABDLism than to, say, the Furry fandom. I've been writing about some furry chars long before I even knew there was a proper term for them (dating back perty much to 1st grade) and most no one, apart from my parents (who think anything that isn't school work, documentary, or news is "nonsense crap"), has ever said anything about it. And there have been some aspects of "furryness" in various cultures throughout history, which are simply seen as being part of the culture. Such as many Native American stories involving the "animal people" in what would now be recognized as "furry" forms. Or the painting of them donning wolf pelts to trick buffalo... As such, it's easier for younger folk to admit to being furries without worrying too much about backlash.

But throughout history, the concept of "acting like a baby" has essentially be equated with insanity or significant mental deficiencies, and generally isn't something that would be tolerated by most societies. And even today, that seems to be the prominent perception by the general public. So, it can be much harder for younger folk to admit to being ABDLs... It's easier for us "older folk" to say "screw what other people think!"

I tend to think of 50 as middle aged not old, at least I hope so. I am 41 so I don't agree with the numbers. However if their is a theory the 25-35 "middle agers" are raising family's doing the rat race thing and just generally have less time to be online all the time while the younger and older people have more free time to pursue the hobby.

I think (no offence to anyone when i say this) but I think that when we tend to get alot older people on here that practice infantism espchally abness, is because well once you get to a certern age you tend to reflect back on your life, and wish you where younger more, some people just actully put it into practice. This is not saying this is the reason why they do it as such but more why we tend to get alot more older people involed.

As a DL who just became AARP eligible and someone with an undergrad in applied mathematics, I'll add my observations on the apparent statistical annomoly.

First, AB/DLs don't grow out of this community, but the way they feel about diapers and infantalism does shift. Another good point that has already been made is the real need most of us have to hide our desires from the general public. This is in part because of the misperception that our desires are related to illegal pedophile activities. The truth is that we are as far from pedophiles as you can get! Many ABs can't have a sexual thought until they come out of that mode and back to an adult mode.

So, when an AB/DL is at the age where they have young children, they more frequently go through purge cycles and stay purged for longer periods of time. When their children are more mature and especially when they leave the house, they are much like their 18-25 year old counterparts. They finally have the privacy and security to enjoy this lifestyle and embrace it with renewed passion.

Statistically, that's just my single data input to the survey population. I'm interested in other people's theories as well!

Aloha,

Honu

There was a poll on this particular topic not long ago:

DD Poll

and it shows the age spread as a curve which roughly matches the proportions of people who are on-line. Lots of younger people (18+ and 20s) and fewer people as age progresses, but no big dip in the 30s as you had presumed. So, no big worry - there are people of all ages here.

And remember the adage, "Old is defined as your current age plus 15 years." We all will therefore never get old, just 'older'. ^_^