LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The Nuk5 Medicpro Pacifiers And Bottle Nipples

Brutal

I'd like to know if the Nuk5 Medicpro bottle nipples are:

1) A good investment for a baby nursery (Is it good quality and substanctially different than the playtex silicon nipples?)

2) If the nipple will fit the drop in playtex bottle. She gets drop in liners because daddy isn't gonna be happy washing bottles all the time.

3) Are they hard to clean? Because I've seen photos and they look like they might be hard to clean out if my kiddo drops the bottle behind her bed and forgets about it for a while. Curdled milk... yuck!)

If anyone actually owns one or has used one... let me know please.

Also, I wish they'd make the pacifiers and bottle nipples in silicon. Rox complains of the rubber tasting bitter after it goes in the wash (which is why I switched her to silicon).

Any thoughts?

Brutal

I have never owned a NUK 5 bottle nipple, but I've seen in pictures that it fits over a standard baby bottle. On the binky page of Cutest One Of All, it states:

The Nipple comes with a clear plastic ring designed to fit a real baby bottle. You can insert the nipple into a regular bottle ring of a different colour for added variety.

So, if the Playtex drop-in bottles have a regular bottle sized "mouth" then the NUK 5 nipple should fit. I may buy one myself one of these days. Be warned, though, that the nipple is "blind"...It comes without a hole. You'd need to make the hole yourself.

As far as being hard to clean, I have three suggestions:

1. Soak the nipple in some hot and soapy water if there's any yucky stuff in it...This'll help loosen whatever the stuff is and make it easier to clean.

2. Get a sturdy bottle brush with a nipple cleaner. This'll get into any small crevices.

3. Don't let your baby girl forget about her bottle long enough for things in it to curdle! :P

I suggest washing the nipple more often too...In my experience with latex (NUK 5 binkies), this gets rid of the yucky taste if it's washed enough. Oh, and you know you can usually put bottles in the dishwasher, right?

I hope I helped.

~ moogle

Thanks... that does help a bit. Of course, it's also hard to understand what a "standard sized bottle" is nowadays. There are the wide opening ones and then the traditional small ones.

The reason I like the drop-ins isn't just because of the lack of having to do washing. But there is another reason that I forgot to post.

Because it's a drop in liner, it compresses as the liquid is sucked out. This means it has a tighter seal and it doesn't tend to leak at all... unlike the traditional baby bottles. While those are cute and all... They almost always leak. Unless you have some advice for fixing that problem... which would be appreciated. Normally, it's not a problem if it leaks a little. But if she's taking a bottle of something like red fruit punch, the stains on the couch or tempurpedic bed are things I don't wanna have to get cleaned up. Not only do they stain, but they are sticky.

One more question... the guard size on the Nuk 5. Is the larger guard better? Or does it make it oversized? She doesn't have a big face or mouth, so I am worried it would kinda cut into the underside of her nose or weight just enogh more to be uncomfortable.

PS> I also read an article that said that the Nuk5 was used in a study about snoring. It showed that it stopped 80% of people who snored from doing it. So there is a legitimate reason to order it besides our fetish - if you ever needed one. Me I just tell the truth after they give me a satisfactor answer "Why would you want to know?".

Thanks again,

Brutal

Thanks... that does help a bit. Of course, it's also hard to understand what a "standard sized bottle" is nowadays. There are the wide opening ones and then the traditional small ones.

The reason I like the drop-ins isn't just because of the lack of having to do washing. But there is another reason that I forgot to post.

Because it's a drop in liner, it compresses as the liquid is sucked out. This means it has a tighter seal and it doesn't tend to leak at all... unlike the traditional baby bottles. While those are cute and all... They almost always leak. Unless you have some advice for fixing that problem... which would be appreciated. Normally, it's not a problem if it leaks a little. But if she's taking a bottle of something like red fruit punch, the stains on the couch or tempurpedic bed are things I don't wanna have to get cleaned up. Not only do they stain, but they are sticky.

One more question... the guard size on the Nuk 5. Is the larger guard better? Or does it make it oversized? She doesn't have a big face or mouth, so I am worried it would kinda cut into the underside of her nose or weight just enogh more to be uncomfortable.

PS> I also read an article that said that the Nuk5 was used in a study about snoring. It showed that it stopped 80% of people who snored from doing it. So there is a legitimate reason to order it besides our fetish - if you ever needed one. Me I just tell the truth after they give me a satisfactor answer "Why would you want to know?".

Thanks again,

Brutal

If your regular bottles are leaking, it's possible you don't have the right ring or nipple type for the bottle (some bottles take different sized nipples, and while a wrong one may seem to fit, it doesn't, which may cause it to leak), or you're not tightening the ring tight enough. Or, if your baby girl enlarges the hole of the nipple, that can cause leaks too. Where are you getting the leaks at in regular bottles?

And in my experience, the NUK 5 guards aren't cumbersome or "overly large". Pacifiers-R-Us has adapted NUK 5 binky nipples to chronological baby binky guards, too. So if the plain white NUK 5 guard is too large for your baby girl (or if you just don't like plain boring white), maybe try them.

~ moogle

• 3 weeks later...

I bought 2 of them from pacifersrus.com. BabyMaggie was disappointed because it is latex and not silicon. She only likes silicon nipples and I found out the latex is used for all pacifiers intended for people with teeth. Silicon is scratched too easily and can harbor germs so only latex is used on the larger sizes. If someone makes a size 5 in silicon, I'm a buyer!

I've had dental surgery to implant a titanium base and prostectic tooth in the #9 (upper left front tooth) slot. As a result, my mouth is too sensitive for the pressure of any pacifier on my front teeth.

In summary, buying the two size 5 NUK pacifers was a waste of money for me, but it is not because the product is bad. I hope that helps.

I'd like to know if the Nuk5 Medicpro bottle nipples are:

1) A good investment for a baby nursery (Is it good quality and substanctially different than the playtex silicon nipples?)

2) If the nipple will fit the drop in playtex bottle. She gets drop in liners because daddy isn't gonna be happy washing bottles all the time.

3) Are they hard to clean? Because I've seen photos and they look like they might be hard to clean out if my kiddo drops the bottle behind her bed and forgets about it for a while. Curdled milk... yuck!)

If anyone actually owns one or has used one... let me know please.

Also, I wish they'd make the pacifiers and bottle nipples in silicon. Rox complains of the rubber tasting bitter after it goes in the wash (which is why I switched her to silicon).

Any thoughts?

Brutal

1. I think its alright, the bottle nipple needs to be prepared (you have to heat a pin and poke holes in the nipple for it to work. They're made of pretty good quality.

2. It will work in any standard baby bottle.

3 They're not hard to clean, I clean mine just like any other nipple, remove it from the ring and run it through the dishwasher, works well.

Yes I own both a pacifier, and a nipple for the bottle, besides having to "set it up" it works well, and is a pretty good investment if you want to add it to your nursery, as far as the taste goes, it tastes just like any other bottle nipple I've tried, it does make it more comfortable to use an adult sized nipple.