LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

$2,000 Or A Diaper, Your Choice

Just watched the show "MANSWERS" on SPIKE TV tonight. New episode. The were talking about $50 million dollar peeings. Escentially, what happened was this. Pilots in fighter jets typically have a bag they relieve themselves in that has a sponge like material to absorb thier urine in(likely diaper SAP). They'd have to unzip, unbelt and take care of business in these bags of sort. Well, two pilots so far have made errors in doing so, causing them to lose all control of the aircraft and eventually having to eject causing the $50 million dollar plane to crash. So, the military came up with a new solution other then holding it, dehydrating ones self, using these bags or going right before departure which were the only options til now. The pilots can now have to stick there member into a rubber sleeve built into these boxer short style pants. There's a tube from there that goes into some sort of electronic looking device that clips into a bag when you need to do your business. They said these "boxers" cost about $2,000, not to mention the $35 bags used each time too. It escentially boxers with a condom catheter. There's a female version too.

Here's the LINK

It just amazes me how a simple diaper could solve all of these problems yet it sounds as though NOBODY is doing it in the military. As old fashioned and simple as a diaper is, I can't believe people are so afraid, embarrassed, insulted, what??? to wear a diaper. Instead, we spend literally thousands on each pair of special underwear. You got to be kidding me!?

Reminds me of something NASA did years ago too. They spent literally millions developing a pen that had pressurized ink(now available for a couple bucks at the office supply store) so they could write in pen. The Russians...they just used a pencil. Good to know where my tax dollars are going. $2k underwear, great. They think they're actually saving money with these underwear in comparison to buying a new plane. I say, I'll save you a boat load more money by wearing a diaper that costs around a dollar each.

• Like 1

I do realize there is a benefit to not having to sit in your wet diaper, however, it probably wouldn't be for that long as you're likely to not pee in it the minute you get in the airplane. At most maybe a couple hours which is no worse then any incontinent individual would have to go through. Maybe it's because of there suits they have to wear that doesn't allow them to wear a diaper? They are able to open their suits now to relieve themselves so I wouldn't really say it's "sealed". Just seems like a very expensive solution. Nasa requires their astronauts to wear diapers so why not fighter pilots? Not cool enough? IDK.

Pilots are in those aircraft for a VERY LONG TIME. It's much longer than the time astronauts will spacewalk or need to be seated during takeoff. Ten hours is a very conservative estimate, often times they are sitting in them for excess of sixteen.(I mean...think about aerial refueling even) I'm 99% certain that the idea of diapers was brought up when they approached this issue, they just ended up getting shot down rather quickly.(pun not intended)

I mean, sometimes they are in there so long that they even have a hard time staying awake and need to take amphetamine. You can't ask somebody to sit that long in their urine, it'd be turning into ammonia before they managed to get out of it.

• Like 4

You can't ask somebody to sit that long in their urine, it'd be turning into ammonia before they managed to get out of it.

And when you're talking about that time frame, pee isn't the only problem. There was a show on the BBC not too long ago where James May (Capt. Slow from Top Gear :P) was eating his breakfast before accompanying a U2 bomber pilot on his mission. He asked if missions were ever aborted due to the pilot's bowels and was told that they have a plaque on the wall which lists the members of the "Astro Shitter's Club" :lol:

Remember that disposable diaper that can last 12 hours+ without leak or irritation are quite recent developments. The space program, U2 bombers, etc, may have been around since the 60's but back then, the diaper tech just wasn't up to those long flight times.

I'm sure that precise accommodations for pilots are left up to the individual and I'm sure some do realise that a diaper can be a good solution depending on the circumstances but the stigma and the fact that before diapers got to being good enough to last that long, other solutions had been invented means I'm sure they're in the minority.

And when you're talking about that time frame, pee isn't the only problem. There was a show on the BBC not too long ago where James May (Capt. Slow from Top Gear :P) was eating his breakfast before accompanying a U2 bomber pilot on his mission. He asked if missions were ever aborted due to the pilot's bowels and was told that they have a plaque on the wall which lists the members of the "Astro Shitter's Club" :lol:

Remember that disposable diaper that can last 12 hours+ without leak or irritation are quite recent developments. The space program, U2 bombers, etc, may have been around since the 60's but back then, the diaper tech just wasn't up to those long flight times.

I'm sure that precise accommodations for pilots are left up to the individual and I'm sure some do realise that a diaper can be a good solution depending on the circumstances but the stigma and the fact that before diapers got to being good enough to last that long, other solutions had been invented means I'm sure they're in the minority.

The U-2 isn't a bomber...it's a recon bird that takes pictures

• Like 1

I've got the old Tom Clancy Fighter Wing book lying around here. They call that setup the "piddle pack".

It does mention that females do basically wear a diaper.

Knux, as for "droppin a bomb", they gotta hold it....which heck since some of these pilots fly planes that can do stuff to make a quail barf...the Pucker Factor is pretty high

• 3 weeks later...

Pilots are in those aircraft for a VERY LONG TIME. It's much longer than the time astronauts will spacewalk or need to be seated during takeoff. Ten hours is a very conservative estimate, often times they are sitting in them for excess of sixteen.(I mean...think about aerial refueling even) I'm 99% certain that the idea of diapers was brought up when they approached this issue, they just ended up getting shot down rather quickly.(pun not intended)

I mean, sometimes they are in there so long that they even have a hard time staying awake and need to take amphetamine. You can't ask somebody to sit that long in their urine, it'd be turning into ammonia before they managed to get out of it.

In the beginning of Operation Enduring Freedom (2001) and Operation Allied Force / Noble Anvil (1999), et al., B-2 Spirit bombers would fly with two aircrew (1 Pilot & 1 Mission Commander) from Whiteman AFB, MO to the target, deliver the ordnance and return to Whiteman AFB. In some cases, this was in excess of 40 hours!

In all fairness, there is a toilet on the aircraft.

Now imagine taking a slow-moving O/A-10 across the Atlantic...

• 2 weeks later...