LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

It'S Halloween

Well, it's Halloween today and I have noticed an increasing drop in kids going trick or treating. When I was a kid I found myself that people around my area weren't answering their doorbells when any of the kids came round for candy, so I stopped going at probably an early age for a kid, about 10 or so, because it didn't seem worth it.

I'm not sure whether it is just a lack in community spirit in general or medias portrayal of young people these days that makes people not answer their doors.

Either way I'm just sad that such a potentially fun childrens holiday is being ruined like this.

Well, it's Halloween today and I have noticed an increasing drop in kids going trick or treating. When I was a kid I found myself that people around my area weren't answering their doorbells when any of the kids came round for candy, so I stopped going at probably an early age for a kid, about 10 or so, because it didn't seem worth it.

I'm not sure whether it is just a lack in community spirit in general or medias portrayal of young people these days that makes people not answer their doors.

Either way I'm just sad that such a potentially fun childrens holiday is being ruined like this.

We stopped giving out candy 3 years ago, when 16 and 17 year olds show up, not even wearing a costume ...no, I don't think so. It used to be a fun holiday. It's lost it's charm.

When I lived across the pond it was fun, everyone would get involved.

Now I'm back in England you get a "yoof" in a hooded top and a Scream mask and "got any sweets mate?".

Its not embraced here, last time I went out on Halloween night all the pubs and bars seemed to be shutting early as well. So we just sat cold in a park. I went as some sort of idiot.

It should be a fun time but its gone the same way as Christmas unfortunatly. Not enough care...

In Toronto we live in an apartment. They don't let trick or treaters in. They ask people to give treats to the office and the office will hand them out to the kids in the building. I work a few hours a week at a co-op where the co-op buys candy for all the kids and makes up loot bags. We deliver the loot bags to each unit with kids.

In North Carolina we have a house and there we do hand out candies. You get a few big kids but thats ok. They are polite and its fun to tease them. Daddy and me hand out the candy. This year Daddy's partner is by himself in NC so he will hand it out.

If we're at our farm near Ottawa we get a few kids and that's fun. We have a neighbour put some loot bags at the gate when we are away.

Big kids can be fun. Its fun to engage them. Being a "kid" myself, i don't mind the teenagers or even older ones that come by.

Me and frog-girl have been in our house nearly 3 years. First halloween here I got dressed up in a mask and cape, got loads of sweets in, had the Monster Mash lined up on high volume in the Hi-Fi, had a fancy light scanner ready to go (a self contained light show, which has a built in sound chaser)and even had a smoke machine for that extra eery-ness. Sat by the door most of the night ready to scare the crap out of any small child who dared knock on my door, before showering them with sweets... and... alas... nothing! I was gutted. I spent the whole of novemeber feeling sick from eating all the sweets. Last year I did the same thing, but put loads of pumpkins out lining the path to the door (and some hollowed out parsnips in the bushes, they look like ghosts!) in a hope to entice some small unwitting child to my door... and... again... nothing! To be fair though, I live in a tiny tiny villiage, but there are kids here!

This year I didn't bother doing anything! and no-one came! Bonus is now though, tadpole was born 5 days before halloween this year, so every year we can halloween theme his birthday parties!!! yay!!!

Froggie!