LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Homemade Baby Clothing

Frogboy

frog-girl is buying a sewing machine and wants to make some frogboy sized snap-crotch tops!!! yay for mee!!!

im thinking i might ask for one with turtles on the sleeves and a plain pastel colour body

froggie

Start with a simple diaper cover.

Make paper patterns; it makes it much easier to make modifications on the next one. It also helps you to buils a library of patterns.

frog-girl is a seamstress, she just hasn't had a machine for quite a few years (not since we moved into the same pond anyways)so she's going straight back in at the deepend!!!

but a diaper cover would be soo cool!

As freswith stated, make patterns out of newspaper. What a dressmaker / tailor does to make custom clothes is make a paper version of the clothes first, stick or pin it together and try it on the person for size and fit. Since it is paper, too big, and it is easily cut down, and too small and it is easily added to. Once you have the basic size, making a pattern and then clothes for any part of the body is the easy part.

Have fun - with a mammy who loves you enough to make custom baby clothes for you - it doesnt get much better than that.

ooh frogboy lucky!!...and frog girl verry clever...

i'm gonna make a few things for lucy...now she's back at uni it's easier too as i can 'sneek' arond!! :D

i'm hoping if i do enough than lucy might buy me an over-locker....after all it's in her intrests!!

pleases let me know how you go...and about the poppers!! i've not had much luck with that yet....i find it hard to fit the poppers..i can do it but just wish i had one of thoes mashines that do it super quick!!

my nannas a dress maker and shes taught me alot over the years (i can't rember learning as i was so young) so im gonna ask her to show me a few things that i dont know yet:)

i know of a few goods sites for patterns too, and will prob alter then too suit...so maybe we exchange ideas and tips be good:)

hugs

juniper

xxx

• Like 2

I remember making AB clothing fondly. Perhaps my neighbors didn't remember it so fondly, but that was because I lived on the second floor and used hammer-in snaps... :whistling: That banging noise? Just... installing curtain rods...

If you have a worn to death t-shirt that fits perfectly, use it to start the draft of your pattern. I have made a few absolutely perfect onesies from one old tee shirt pattern.

Thanks for the responses everyone! I'm really looking forward to making them - I know how happy it will make frogboy if nothing else! :wub: Just have to wait until I get the machine....may be a while before I get to sewing though as tadpole is getting very keen!

Paper patterns definitely the way to go. Once I have them perfect I will make a master. I have an idea for a full wardrobe...just have to find some nice materials which is the fun part!

Hi frog girl im always looking for clothing for my little one...Sleepers Playclothes etc... Maybe after you complete a couple of orders post a couple of pics of them so we can see some of them about the only places you can find cute clothes for your little ones are usually uk based...were interested let us know.