LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Going Away For A Bit

hidden

2 members have voted

1. 1. What's the problem?

• Hardware?
    • Software?
    • Both?

Well, my laptop is about to give out on me and has to be sent to the "doctor" on October 1st and may be a bit before I get it back. The only other computer at my disposal is my sis's PC since I haven't gotten my PC (R.I.P.) replaced yet (hardware failure). I don't trust public computers with this site and don't want to go to this site on computers that others use. Therefore, I won't be on here till I get my laptop back. It used to be on the net within 2 min of turning it on and takes that long to just get to the log in screen. it goes into standby before it is fully booted up now... :( When I open it after it has been closed, it takes 5 min to become responsive again... Even when it gets going, it is only about half or a third of the speed as before. This may still seem fast to some but the fact that it has slowed down this much isn't good... Had it for over a year now. Scanners are up to date and aren't finding anything. Got an extended warrenty if needed.

So in a sense, I could be gone for awhile without going anywhere.

I swear, I am a walking, talking Bermuda Triangle...

If anyone is curious, I will post what the problem was and how it was resolved.

Guest Katharsys

It can be, from the sounds of it, either your OS has become too bloated with spyware/virii/etc. that there is too much to process on startup or the memory could be starting to fail, causing you to have to use more virtual memory to cope (always slower).

If it is the memory, one or two little programs will be able to diagnose it right away. If it is a software issue then your best hope will be that they can clean the system entirely. Be watchful though - in the recent days, I have seen come across my desk at work a few new package trojans come though with an almost undetectable root-kit attached. If it comes to that, you may be looking at having to fully reformat your drive.

On a separate note, make sure you move off of your system anything you don't want the repair guys to see. They will snoop, and snoop hard. Get yourself, if you don't ready have one, a cheap USB memory stick to hold the data you don't want to risk losing or getting our of your control.

Glary Utilities and MalwareBytes Anti-Malware..Both free for a trial...Run them first....Just for the heck of it!! ;):D

Which Scanner are you using? Avast Home is free and works great! Updated 2-3 times a day.

i have sypbot S&D, symantec anti virus, and windows defender.

trust me, i will get stuff off. the "doctor" is my dad. he doesn't live at home anymore (parents are more or less separated but still married) due to his job being out of town so i got to take it to him. don't see each other everyday. maybe once a week or less.

my pc before the last one crashed and had to take it to him too. had some pics on it in a folder in a folder in a folder. was scared that he would find them but nothing came up so i guess he didn't snoop in my files.

been keeping stuff on a 2GB flash drive. when i get a backup hard drive, i will put my stuff on there since my flash drive is full and don't want to keep buying drives for that purpose.

Well, I got it back today. It isn't 100% but it is better than it was. He disabled some bootup stuff and turned off the indexing on the hard drive.

Edit: Looks like my laptop is going to go away on October 4th for a bit...

Edit: I am now here on my psp. don't have my laptop back yet...

Edit: Got my laptop back! Debugged! Looks like the main thing was that indexing thing mentioned above.