some to secure/bambino and some to whoever is behind cuddlz l

I know that secures and bambinos are Chinese because the box mine

came in had been refolded and it had kanji written in chalk on the

inside. I would be a little suprised if bambino renamed their product

for Europe I would think they would like to be recognized as the

premier Ab diaper worldwide. Perhaps the name bambino was

already trademarked in Europe since it is Italian

Their factory is in Redwood City. o_O

just thaught id comment as i have had some bambinos imported from the us (and stupidly expensive it was too) and i am now ordering some cuddles, when i have both in my hands ill tel you if there is any real difference

No. They're not. I've been to the factory, as have several others in this community. It's in Redwood City. *sigh*

[/quote Good to know it will eliminate my fears about scary Chinese products. I would love to tour the factory they should open it up to us I would make the trip

Never been to the factory but its been established and I think Bambino takes pride in the fact that their diapers are made in the US. Go US economy :)

Yeah gotta support made in the USA. That and they are a killer product

Guest LOSTinDiapers

If they really are buying from Bambinos and rebranding them, I think it is about time for Bambinos to send them some seconds. I'm sure they won't notice till it gets to the customer and all heck breaks loose. How do you fix a quality issue when you don't control the supply?

If they really are buying from Bambinos and rebranding them, I think it is about time for Bambinos to send them some seconds. I'm sure they won't notice till it gets to the customer and all heck breaks loose. How do you fix a quality issue when you don't control the supply?

You'd also alienate all the British buyers, since we know they're the same. If they did that, I'd not buy from bambino on principle, its just a shitty thing to do.

Is it really that big a thing? I'm sure Bambino know, or else cuddlz.com will be screwed when it comes to reorder time, plus Bambino are still making the same money from it.

If Bambino knows - whether they get money from them ordering or not - they still probably don't like the fact probably that they are calling their diaper a different name...they are allowed to do it but if I owned a company I sure would not appreciate that.

Okay, so it's been established then that secure is the parent, and bambino and cuddlze the offspring. OKAY, they have a slight variation, let's get all technical. For the most part, to me, they're close enough to call the same. Maybe not EXACTLY but close enough for me to consider them the same especially if secure has sent out bambino's in place of secure when supplies were short. Obviously the company thinks they're close enough to do that so there.

Again, who cares if someone resells their product, it's no money out of bambino's pockets, actually more money.

Okay, so it's been established then that secure is the parent, and bambino and cuddlze the offspring.

Howso do you mean? They are not the same company.

OKAY, they have a slight variation, let's get all technical.

Both technically and otherwise, they are not the same diaper, no matter how you swing it

[] For the most part, to me, they're close enough to call the same.

And they are very similar, but Bambino isn't selling somebody else's product.

Maybe not EXACTLY but close enough for me to consider them the same especially if secure has sent out bambino's in place of secure when supplies were short.

If? They don't, so what's the point of this if? They are two different companies!

Obviously the company thinks they're close enough to do that so there.

What company are you referring to? BHG is not Secure. BHG will never be Secure. Where are you getting this information that Secure has shipped Bambino instead?

Again, who cares if someone resells their product, it's no money out of bambino's pockets, actually more money.

Taking somebody else's product and simply selling it for more because you can is slimy. Period. Again, the people who do the exact same thing on eBay are scum, to put it simply, and Cuddlez is scum for the precise same reason. Considering that Bambino always produces supplies in limited bursts, it's money out of the pockets of the community, paying more when they could be paying the original price for the product, so it -should- piss you off. They are doing the diaper equivalent of being ticket scalpers.

Now, if their costs (being overseas) merited an appropriate markup to afford the batch shipping from Bambino, that would be different.

Now, if their costs (being overseas) merited an appropriate markup to afford the batch shipping from Bambino, that would be different.

Ummm, cuddlz is overseas, so shipping does come into it, and they're not that much more expensive... (not worked it out, too drunk to do it, or even really care). Cuddlz are letting European customers have a great nappy for a half decent price, ok they're a bit more then what I can get abena's for... but abena's are made in denmark so the shipping costs to the UK isn't that bad.

Cuddlz aren't scum, they're a good company who help their customers out.... they're not like some I've seen who charge $30 for 7 diapers.....

And it is pretty much common knowledge that Bambino's and secure are made at the same plant, and are pretty much the same company. Secure have sent out Bambino's when they haven't got the stock of secure x-plus to send out.... seems pretty similar to me.

Rumor =/= common knowledge. They share a factory but they are not the same company.

Their markup is about 75 percent, which, if they order in bulk, I am uncertain is fair for shipping. I don't ship to the UK for much. However, that doesn't change that they are not giving credit to the creator of the product they're selling, which is very scummy.

Rumor =/= common knowledge. They share a factory but they are not the same company.

Their markup is about 75 percent, which, if they order in bulk, I am uncertain is fair for shipping. I don't ship to the UK for much. However, that doesn't change that they are not giving credit to the creator of the product they're selling, which is very scummy.

Ok secure is the parent company of bambino then... just like walmart is the parent company of asda.

Bambino cost £39.65 for 48 (or £0.83 a nappy) at current market rates, from cuddlz its £39.99 for 40 (or £1.00 a nappy), not exactly a 75% mark up is it? In fact with bulk shipping rates and costs on top that works out pretty well, alot better then getting bambino to ship direct (which they don't do).

Do you just not like the idea of the english getting bambinos at a reasonable price? Or do you not like the idea of bambino making an extra little cash from selling to the UK, even through most people know that cuddlz are the same as bambinos?

Ok secure is the parent company of bambino then... just like walmart is the parent company of asda.

Bambino cost £39.65 for 48 (or £0.83 a nappy) at current market rates, from cuddlz its £39.99 for 40 (or £1.00 a nappy), not exactly a 75% mark up is it? In fact with bulk shipping rates and costs on top that works out pretty well, alot better then getting bambino to ship direct (which they don't do).

Do you just not like the idea of the english getting bambinos at a reasonable price? Or do you not like the idea of bambino making an extra little cash from selling to the UK, even through most people know that cuddlz are the same as bambinos?

... NO. They are NOT.

*sigh*

"

With regards to our parent company, The Bottom Half Group, LLC, I can tell you this: I know the folks over at SecurePersonalCare.com (and their parent company, Secure Personal Care Products, LLC), and we've taken a lot of cues from them (and given them a few of our own). But, at the end of the day, we're two separate businesses with two separate business models, ideas, product lines, etc. We simply share some distribution resources to keep our own costs down, and that's about it. But as far as Uncle Sam and the State of California go, they're getting two tax checks each from these two entities, not one. ;-)"

That's by Bambino's rep. On THIS forum. Jeez. Please, question what you read before you take rumor as fact.

Here in the US, 64 small Bambinos is about 62 dollars. The markup for the UK is over 75 percent for those, at least.

... NO. They are NOT.

*sigh*

"

With regards to our parent company, The Bottom Half Group, LLC, I can tell you this: I know the folks over at SecurePersonalCare.com (and their parent company, Secure Personal Care Products, LLC), and we've taken a lot of cues from them (and given them a few of our own). But, at the end of the day, we're two separate businesses with two separate business models, ideas, product lines, etc. We simply share some distribution resources to keep our own costs down, and that's about it. But as far as Uncle Sam and the State of California go, they're getting two tax checks each from these two entities, not one. ;-)"

That's by Bambino's rep. On THIS forum. Jeez. Please, question what you read before you take rumor as fact.

Here in the US, 64 small Bambinos is about 62 dollars. The markup for the UK is over 75 percent for those, at least.

So they split off the BHG into a separate company, they're still essentially the same, they're just protecting them self's from being found out by the incon market... don't believe everything reps say.... they are paid to sell products, not tell the truth. Companies do this all the time, split into separate business to stop them selves from being affected if the other product doesn't sell very well. Ok you're technically right, but I bet at the end of the day its still the same people at the top. I'm not particularly bothered really if they are separate, bambino's still make a damn good nappy, I'm not that bothered about who makes them. (How ever, I am drunk enough to have a silly argument over it :P)

I was comparing medium bambino's to medium cuddlz.... large bambino's are even more compared to large cuddlz (large bambino's = £45.66 or £0.95 per nappy). Cuddlz don't sell in size small so its not comparable. I can get abena x-plus's at about the same price, and they are my preferred nappy, but at the end of the day is 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.....

I don't think cuddlz is ripping off people, I think they're a good company providing a good service at a good price for the UK/European crowd..... Bambino aren't doing any of this.... and untill they do I'll stick to cuddlz when I want them kinda nappies.

So they split off the BHG into a separate company, they're still essentially the same, they're just protecting them self's from being found out by the incon market... don't believe everything reps say.... they are paid to sell products, not tell the truth. Companies do this all the time, split into separate business to stop them selves from being affected if the other product doesn't sell very well. Ok you're technically right, but I bet at the end of the day its still the same people at the top. I'm not particularly bothered really if they are separate, bambino's still make a damn good nappy, I'm not that bothered about who makes them. (How ever, I am drunk enough to have a silly argument over it :P)

They said one thing, so logically the opposite must be true!!

Think about that for a moment. Why would rumor on a forum hold more sway. Furthermore, you do realize that two seperate LLCs selling the same product in what appears to be the same market in tandem and sharing books and price fixing is illegal under collusion laws, right? Similarly, any one person working for both companies would be violating conflict of interest codes and laws.

I was comparing medium bambino's to medium cuddlz.... large bambino's are even more compared to large cuddlz (large bambino's = £45.66 or £0.95 per nappy). Cuddlz don't sell in size small so its not comparable. I can get abena x-plus's at about the same price, and they are my preferred nappy, but at the end of the day is 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.....

I don't think cuddlz is ripping off people, I think they're a good company providing a good service at a good price for the UK/European crowd..... Bambino aren't doing any of this.... and untill they do I'll stick to cuddlz when I want them kinda nappies.

Again, EVEN if the pricing is fair, and I'm not saying it is or isn't. I do not know, they are not giving credit to the maker of the product they sell. That alone makes them scum in my eyes. If it doesn't to you, well I have this laptop. It may look like an HP but it's really an LN, despite the HP logo. I'll sell it to you for three thousand dollars even though HP sells it for half that. Sound good?

For the record, Medium Bambinos are 66 dollars, or around 20 pounds, for 48. Cuddlez are that same price for 2/3 of that. Fair? Maybe. Again, I'm unaware of what the bulk shipping costs are. Comparing the same diaper again. The only way to get 48 Cuddlez (the volume that the cases of Bambino Medium are sold in) will cost 86 dollars, which is 20 more than the native Bambino price.

They said one thing, so logically the opposite must be true!!

Think about that for a moment. Why would rumor on a forum hold more sway. Furthermore, you do realize that two seperate LLCs selling the same product in what appears to be the same market in tandem and sharing books and price fixing is illegal under collusion laws, right?

Its just that where I'm sitting, they're using the same factory, are based in the same building/town... And you said they're different products (which from what I can tell they do have difference's). We already know they share stock, when secure ran out of medium x-plus they sent out bambino's instead... ok they had a note saying that they're different but the same pretty much. And they could always argue that secure is for the incon market whilst bambino's are for the abdl market (I don't see any nursing homes getting in some classico's for their inmates :P)

Again, EVEN if the pricing is fair, and I'm not saying it is or isn't. I do not know, they are not giving credit to the maker of the product they sell. That alone makes them scum in my eyes. If it doesn't, well I have this laptop. It may look like an HP but it's really an LN, despite the HP logo. I'll sell it to you for three thousand dollars even though HP sells it for half that. Sound good?

Rebadging actually goes on so much in the PC industry its unreal.... most laptop brands are just rebadged straight from the factory... hell thats how apple survive, you can buy all the components for an apple pc/laptop on the open market... just apple shove a stupid amount on top. Ok I know apple are scum, but cuddlz treat the customers right (unlike apple :P), and they're not stealing from bambino...... infact they're opening up markets for bambino (you know the whole of europe)

I don't want to have a big fight over this, I just like debating different views of the same subject. Cuddlz is giving Europe a premium abdl centric nappy, and imo that can only be a good thing.

Its just that where I'm sitting, they're using the same factory, are based in the same building/town... And you said they're different products (which from what I can tell they do have difference's). We already know they share stock, when secure ran out of medium x-plus they sent out bambino's instead... ok they had a note saying that they're different but the same pretty much. And they could always argue that secure is for the incon market whilst bambino's are for the abdl market (I don't see any nursing homes getting in some classico's for their inmates :P)

Again, I haven't heard of Secure doing this. Where did you hear this?

And, if so, perhaps they bought some Biancos (their customers would be livid with the classico, I know. I used to help some of them back when I lived in that area) from Bambino when stocks ran dry. However, again, where did you hear this happened? However, that is not an indication of shared stock, but of a purchase from one company to another.

The "abdl" market. Ha. Do you seriously think that would fly in court with a company defending itself on collusion/CoI charges? Since ABDLs buy normal adult diapers, I think not. At best, the "ABDL Market" (Can't say that without a silly grin on my face) is a subset of the incon market, not a seperate market.

Rebadging actually goes on so much in the PC industry its unreal.... most laptop brands are just rebadged straight from the factory... hell thats how apple survive, you can buy all the components for an apple pc/laptop on the open market... just apple shove a stupid amount on top. Ok I know apple are scum, but cuddlz treat the customers right (unlike apple :P), and they're not stealing from bambino...... infact they're opening up markets for bambino (you know the whole of europe)

I don't want to have a big fight over this, I just like debating different views of the same subject. Cuddlz is giving Europe a premium abdl centric nappy, and imo that can only be a good thing.

Fair point on the PC industry, however what Cuddlez is doing is the equivalent of scratching the codes off of every chip so they can rebrand as some new product. They should be giving credit to Bambino for making the product (IF it is Biancos. Do we have confirmation on that?). Period. Anything else is flat-out unethical.

I don't think we're fighting. You're quite informed on this issue as well. A lively debate never hurt anybody, and I'm certainly not judging your character on this, as I hope you are not judging mine.

Again, I haven't heard of Secure doing this. Where did you hear this?

And, if so, perhaps they bought some Biancos (their customers would be livid with the classico, I know. I used to help some of them back when I lived in that area) from Bambino when stocks ran dry. However, again, where did you hear this happened? However, that is not an indication of shared stock, but of a purchase from one company to another.

The "abdl" market. Ha. Do you seriously think that would fly in court with a company defending itself on collusion/CoI charges? Since ABDLs buy normal adult diapers, I think not. At best, the "ABDL Market" (Can't say that without a silly grin on my face) is a subset of the incon market, not a seperate market.

firstly http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showtopic=5654&view=findpost&p=210505 (god damn, you got me posting sources now... this is getting far too serial)

And I'm sure a court would recognize the difference between a Fetish market (not abdl since no judge will have heard of that, unless they're into it :P) and the incon market. I'd say that bambino aren't a subset because they're marketed directly at us, not at incons, we're not just making do because its all there is... its made specifically for us. Bambino's are different from secure x-plus, from what others have said, so they can claim (CLAIM!) they're going after different markets.

Fair point on the PC industry, however what Cuddlez is doing is the equivalent of scratching the codes off of every chip so they can rebrand as some new product. They should be giving credit to Bambino for making the product (IF it is Biancos. Do we have confirmation on that?). Period. Anything else is flat-out unethical.

I don't think it is, I think its exactly the same as the rebadging that goes on in the pc industry, and cuddlz never claimed to make their nappies them selves, they just sell them.

As for unethical, I think its unethical for bambino not to sell in Europe..... they been looking for suppliers for long enough, and believe me there's plenty of companies who would sell em if they could.... Cuddlz is providing a product for a niche, and us euro's are lapping it up.... If bambino really wanted to get into this market well theres plenty of people who'd sell for em.

firstly http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showtopic=5654&view=findpost&p=210505 (god damn, you got me posting sources now... this is getting far too serial)

And I'm sure a court would recognize the difference between a Fetish market (not abdl since no judge will have heard of that, unless they're into it :P) and the incon market. I'd say that bambino aren't a subset because they're marketed directly at us, not at incons, we're not just making do because its all there is... its made specifically for us. Bambino's are different from secure x-plus, from what others have said, so they can claim (CLAIM!) they're going after different markets.

I don't think it is, I think its exactly the same as the rebadging that goes on in the pc industry, and cuddlz never claimed to make their nappies them selves, they just sell them.

As for unethical, I think its unethical for bambino not to sell in Europe..... they been looking for suppliers for long enough, and believe me there's plenty of companies who would sell em if they could.... Cuddlz is providing a product for a niche, and us euro's are lapping it up.... If bambino really wanted to get into this market well theres plenty of people who'd sell for em.

Cuddlez WAS selling for them. They simply removed them from the listing and continued selling the product without giving credit to the original maker. In PC terms, it would be like HP selling a notebook and saying it has an "HP 3.2ghz processor" instead of an "Intel 3.2ghz processor." Get it? And they don't do that. Why? Because Intel would sue their ever-loving pants off, and win.

And I think we'll have to agree to disagree on the first half. However, the Bambino employee confirmed that the companies have two separate staffs, so I'm going to go by their word, as I see absolutely no reason which is in any way sensible why I would doubt it.

... NO. They are NOT.

Hold a Bambino in your left hand, a Secure X-Plus in your right hand, look closely and then tell me that again :P. Heck they're so interchangeable that SPC have been known to substitute Bianco's for X-Pluses when they're short stocked (as reported here by several people).

There's an obvious and clear reason why the two are legally distinct entities and it ain't nothing to do with the tax man (although that may come into it, IANAL) and for the same obvious and clear reason, they need to maintain a party line that they're nothing to do with one another but their 'shared heritage' is plain to see in so many different ways... Have a look at the CA State business records.