LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Thoughts After First Ever Day And Night In Real Nappies

So after my order of nappies arrived yesterday I thought I'd write up the first 24 hours of proper nappy wearing :)

I have worn nappies in the past to bed, but they've only ever been crappy Boots Stay Dry pull ups (a UK store brand) which are awful. I've never actually made it through a full night with one on as they're so uncomfy.

So yesterday was the first time I'd ever worn proper tape nappies (cuddlz, the UK version of Bambinos), and at first I couldn't get the fit right. I put the first one on far too loose (in the day) and after a fairly heavy wetting it was sagging badly. Changed and this time put it quite a bit tighter. This felt much more comfy. This thread definitely helped. I'm also not sure the best way to actually put them on. On the nappy packaging it shows that if you're changing yourself, put it on standing up. I can't get this. Do most people lie down to put them on? I've found the best way is spread the nappy out, powder it, and then lie roughly in the right place. Then pull one side up and hold it in place, and then the other side too to make sure I'm nicely centred. Then tape the bottom two tapes fairly loosely

Then stand up, adjust slightly, and then tighten the bottom two tapes, and then finally do up the top two.

Is this how most would do it?

Onto bed time...

I have to say I did find it a bit weird trying to sleep with the bulkiness of the nappy between my legs, and I did wake a few times in the night but pretty much straight away nodded off again.

About 4am I woke needing a pee - would normally get up about this time for a nature call anyway, but this time didn't even have to get out of bed :) I've read the threads about people not being able to pee lying down but must say I didn't find this at all...had NO problems peeing :) And then straight back to sleep.

After this slept through to a "normal" waking up time. (needed to pee again but the cuddlz had absolutely no problem coping with this :) )

At this point needed to poop and decided what the hell, am wearing a nappy, may as well use it! But didn't particularly enjoy this. Lay in bed for a bit but was very paranoid the nappy wouldn't cope with the load and also really didn't enjoy the clean up. Think will stick to just peeing but nice to know the option is there if it ever does take my fancy or am feeling particularly lazy :)

Anyway just back from town after doing some shopping....wore the whole time :) Was VERY nervous about this but no problems. At first was definitely conscious I was "waddling" but soon stopped this as I found the nappy sort of moulded to the shape of my thighs.

All in all am a very happy chappy! Housemate is away for a fortnight so really looking forward to the next few weeks...have been walking round the house this morning in just a nappy and t-shirt...hehe feels lovely. I really don't think I have the courage to wear to work but not that fussed about that.

It's going to be hard when housemate gets back....I think I may actually have to keep a stash of nappies at home and continue to wear at night, but will cross that bridge when I come to it. Knowing the cuddlz packaging is so discrete is really encouraging. At the moment have emptied a drawer in my room and have filled with nappies and also nappy bags, powder and wipes. Can't imagine that will last but never mind!

Also NUK5 dummy that arrived yesterday too hasn't left my mouth all the time I've been at home....even woke up with it still in mouth a couple of times in the night :) Must admit I've always primarily considered myself a DL but as I've said in the past, I'm more and more thinking I may actually be a "mild AB" :blush:

(Have taken some pics...might try and find the courage to post!)

i have used the cuddlz and also find them comfortable, i always lay down to change my nappy as i cannot see how standing up to do it would work. for the life of me i cannot pee whilst laying down, has to be sat or stood up. as for taping the nappy up... i always cut off the bottom two tapes ahd make it a two tape nappy, ie. one tape each side. the cuddlz tapes are well strong enough for this anyway( in fact i do this with all my nappies as i find during moving about, the bottom two tapes always move off the nappy and closer to my thighs)but each to their own. have a look at my profile pic on the left. please do post some pics, would like to see them. glad your enjoying your new purchase :thumbsup:

my first day and night was a punishment for getting into troubble at school my mom said if your going to act like a baby you may as well be one so for one day i was diaperd 4 times and wet allthem coz i hade to drink a glass of water every two hours and that night i slept in a poopy diaper so i got into trouble againg and again so my mom keeps me in diapers 24/4

The 'proper' method for putting on a diaper is a lot more complicated than can be shown in four little pictures on the diaper packet. You'll get the hang of how to get it just right for you over time. Lying down is the easiest method but the 'stand up' method of diaper changing goes something like this:

• Stand with your back against the wall, with the back of the diaper between your butt and the wall, the front hanging down.

• Adjust the height of the diaper so the top of the back is in the right place then pull the front up through your legs. You'll know if you've got it right because the top should be at the same height front and back (slightly higher at the back is OK too).

• Straighten one of the front wings out, around your side and pull the rear wing around to the front. Stick the lower tape horizontally. Leave the top tape alone for now.

• Repeat the previous step for the other side. The two tapes that you've done up so far should be positioned evenly in terms of both height and distance from your 'centre line' as it were. If the diaper has a landing zone, you can refasten a couple of times to get it right if needs be.

• Now do the top tapes. These two control the tightness of the diaper so be careful to pull them tight enough not to be loose but not so tight that you run the risk of them popping or ripping. Tape them slightly downwards towards the lower tapes. Because a pic is worth a thousand words, here's a quick MS Paint image to show roughly how the tapes should end up (the vertical line is the 'centre' of your body)

tapes.gif

But basically, you have to practice. You'll get the hang of it in the end...