LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Unique Wellness

I didn't see a review for the Unique Wellness diapers yet, so I though it would be a good contribution to the list.

I have tried several disposible brands. I haven't found one that does really well for not leaking from more than one wetting at night. Sometimes I wet more than once in one night. Until I tried Unique Wellness or Abena I would have to change at least once almost every night. Limiting my liquids a few hours before will sometimes help reduce the need to change in the very early morning. With these I can go back to sleep if I wake up wet, and deal with it when I take my morning shower.

So far, the Unique Wellness is proving to be a very good choice for me. They are made pretty well. The plastic is softer than Attends and is more discreet when getting ready for bed (sometimes I have guests for a few days, or when I travel). The soft backing does tear easily so that is a possible point against it. If you pull it too tight when putting it on it will rip, sometimes at the tape or the back of the brief where you can't see it. It is best to secure these snug, but not tight. The tapes hold very securely. They use a 2 tape approach that is very easy to get a very good fit with. You want to get the fit correct the first time though. The backing will tear if the tape is peeled away from it, even within the first few seconds. The tape set instantly. The diaper has standing leak guards that have been proven very good. So far I have only had one minor leak from one leg. There is no waistband in these briefs. I think if they added one both front and rear this would be the best night time protection I have tried. I fold the top of the waist down into the brief to creat a catch pocket and it's working pretty well. I ordered according to the manufacture's sizing chart. The large claims to fit from 36"-46". They are more like 42"-50". I haven't tried the medium size yet. I will try the medium size or Bambino Bianco's when it's time to order again. The Dry 24/7's also sound promising.

How absorbant are they? I have been drinking more watter lately to reduce my pop intake. Last night my kidneys must have been working overtime. When I woke up and got out of bed the diaper must have weighed 4 or 5 lbs. They don't sag much when wet. I have had a few mornings where I couldn't make it to the toilet before my bladder decided to empty again. Most of the diapers and pullups I have tried could not contain the second wetting. These can, and have only leaked on me once while I was making the dash to the bathroom. I did notice that sometimes the plastic backing would allow moisture to weep through it. That can be solved with a pair of plastic pants or a bed pad. I can't report on fecal containment since I don't have that issue to deal with.

Unique Wellness' cost less each than both Abena X-Plus and Bambino diapers. Abena and Bambino come out to $1.37-$1.38 per diaper. Unique Wellness came in at $1.49 each (case order) at the regular price, but $1.31 each (case order) from Acecool and Magic Medical. Both vendors drop ship so the packing is marked. Acecool will ship in an unmarked box for an additional fee.

Pro: They hold a lot. They are very comfortable and don't get very warm. The tapes stick very well, too good for the backing.

Con: The backing could be a bit stonger. The tape mounting points tear can tear without much effort. The large size is way too big for the 36" sizing that the manufacture claims. They should make a size inbetween their small/medium and the large. Plastic backing can weep.

Summary: If the backing and waistband was similar to Attends 6-tape briefs, these would be the best adult diaper on the market that I have tried to date.

There is probably something I left out, but I can't think of anything at the moment.

:thumbsup:

These seem very similar to the "Dry 24/7" diaper. The sizing looks the same too. If you are in the 34-38 waist size the Medium is going to be too tight and the Large is going to be too big.

The diapers themselves are wonderful, but the odd sizing has totally turned me off of them. If they made a normally sized Small, Medium, and Large like the rest of the diaper companies in the world do I would definitely buy more. You can't cover all people with just two sizes.

They are slightly thinner then the Abena X-Plus, but they aren't as stiff.

With the comment from Darkfinn I think I'm going to try the Bambino Bianco's since I have a 36" waist and hips. Since I'm loosing weight also the Unique Wellness is too big. They would be great if I gained 40 or 50 more lbs just to make them fit correctly, and I'm certainly not going to do that. :roflmao: