LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Faking Being Mentally Challenged

I was talking to one of my DL friends online and he asked me if I would be a baby in public and I told him no because it be too embarrassing. He told me I can fake being retarded having a mind of a two year old and I told him I can't do that because it be very dishonest and I don't like the idea of people faking disabilities. He told me I wouldn't really be faking it, if anyone asks, my bf would just tell them I have a mind of a two year old and I'd be too embarrassed to say anything. Then I realized it be no different than me wearing diapers out in public and someone accidentally sees them on me and I said I am incontinent so they won't judge me. So if someone was being an AB out in public and someone asked about it and their partner said they have a mind of a two year old just so they won't be judged is no different than saying someone is incontinent because they don't want to be judged. Thoughts?

It's not like someone is pretending to have a mind of a two year old so they can get extra services such as social security or try and get a out of free jail card when they commit a crime, that be wrong just like it's wrong for a DL or an AB to pretend to be incontinent so he or she get free diapers from the gov or have them prescribed to them by a doctor so they won't have to pay for them.

Or what about someone pretending to be mentally challenged and his mother hires a nurse to take care of him but he is paying for it out of his own pocket but his mom writes out the checks to the nurse and the son pays her back. Thoughts?

• Like 1

Faking being mentally would be horrible. Although, I don't think it's really on par with faking incontinence. Now, I'm not saying pretending to be incontinent isn't a bad thing either, but when people compare ABs and the mentally retarded... Well, doesn't it sort of bother you? I have nothing against mentally handicapped people, but if someone compared me to them in the sense that they thought I was retarded, I'd be extremely offended. Maybe it's just me, however being regarded as having an IQ so low just bugs me. And many, many people already compare ABs to retards enough as it is. That would be giving the people what they want.

If someone was young and cute they could probably get away with playing baby (non sexual) or maybe lost a bet, and probably get away with it. an older person, say me :lol: would probably look ridiculous. I am not in favor of faking being mentally ill, at all.

I was not trying to compare AB to mental retardation. My online friend suggested I can pretend I have a mind of a two year old because I told him it be too embarrassing to be a baby out in public. Then I realized it be no different than being caught wearing a diaper such as at work and I say I have bladder problems so someone is an AB in public and their partner says they have a mind of a two year old just so they won't get judge same as telling someone at work you have a bladder problem so you won't be judged. I asked for thoughts seeing what you guys think. I do not want to be a baby in public because it be too embarrassing. There are even kids out there.

I know people with minds of babies are not ABs because they can't help themselves. We can't help our ABness either because what happens if we can't regress? Can we get rid of the desires too? Sure the ones who do go AB in public, they are probably too far into it and it has taken over them and they feel they must do it or else they are depressed without it and they can't even go a day without being a baby or go a few hours without being one. I used to not be able to go a day without wearing a diaper or I feel lost and depressed. That's how far I got into the fetish but thank god I got out of that phase.

Personally, I think that anyone who fakes an illness or physical or mental defect should be altered so that they actually have that disability.

Wanna fake mental deficiency? Well then you can be lobotomized until you're as mentally deficient as you pretended you were!

Wanna fake being incontinent? Then you'll be surgically altered to become incontinent!

Wanna fake having to be wheelchair bound or bedridden? There's some folks with lead pipes and sledgehammers who'd be happy to make that a reality for you!

Nooooo! Oh my God no. I'm physically disabled, as is my Daddy, and we are BOTH talked to like children or as if we're MR adults...I love being talked to on my level (an adult talking to a toddler), but ONLY by people who know the real me...Otherwise, it gets annoying when people do that. Physically disabled does NOT equal MR, people! And MR adults shouldn't be talked to like they're children either, for that matter. I get enough of being assumed to be MR because of my physical disability. So to the OP's question, no, no, a thousand times no...

~ moogle

I read many posts here about people "going public" with their AB/DL and infantilistic lifestyles, and I feel that it is inappropriate to do so. It is something that is very personal and should be kept private since very few people would accept that type of behavior. It could almost be compared to discussing differences of politics and religion with others that would disagree strongly with your opinion--some things are better left untouched. Sexual preferences/lifestyles/fetishes or whatever are included in that. Just enjoy diapers and being a baby in the privacy of your own home! And this comes from someone who does. I don't feel the need to "go out" or to display my lifestyle to anyone. The results would be devastating. As much as I've written on the subject of infantilism, (3 novels) the characters in my books are never encouraged to include the public in their activities.

I suppose you can - as you have - make a distinction as to why and how you would be mis-representing the situation. If you are doing it to gain advantage over someone else, or in some other way take advantage of the situation at someone else's expense, then it seems worse than saying you're incontinent or mentally challenged simply to cover your own embarassment.

I do agree, however, with those who've spoken out against this saying there is something not so good about foisting our fetish on the general public. I think its largely a case of just too much information...

I don't understand - or at least don't go along with - the idea of dressing out in public to be seen...purposely to be noticed...to be an exhibitionist.

I don't mind wearing diapers in public, but under my clothes and in a way as NOT to be noticed. For those who are incontinent, they shouldn't have to hide and certain shouldn't have to feel any embarassment or humiliation for needing diapers, but why wear ANY underwear in an obvious way? (You can tell I'm an old man with that comment!)