LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

A (somewhat?) Weird Question

im new to this site and havent posted much yet so i think ill start now; anyways...

The question is can the color of your poop tell you anything? if so what? and what color would mean what things? i dont know if any1 would know anything on this subject im just wondering and ive figured that this seems like a good community that would not be too questioning of things and open minded to what other people like to do and such. so fire away if you know anything on this or ask me a question if you want and as long as it doesnt cross into personal boundaries i will try to answer it in the best way i can think of.

ok a simple google search with the keys words "color of poop"

Brown

Brown is the typical color that appears in the toilet when someone poops. The color is naturally produced by a variety of factors. First of all, there is a pigment called bilirubin that is formed when the red blood cells in the liver and bone marrow break down. When the bilirubin ends up in the intestines, bacteria begins to form and eat. This is turns the poop brown. Another reason for the brown poop color is the iron found in the red blood cells. Brown poop is completely normal and should be no cause for concern.

Tarry Black

Tarry black poop is reason for concern. Although an excess of iron in a diet can cause poop to appear black, the tarry quality is caused by something else entirely. Tarry black poop can mean there is a bleeding ulcer or bleeding in the intestines. If you see this type of poop in the toilet, contact a physician as soon as possible.

Yellow

Yellow poop can have two causes. One is harmless while the other is serious. The harmless cause of yellow poop is something called Gilber's Syndrome. As stated earlier, brown poop gets it's color from the breakdown of red blood cells. Someone with Gilbert's Syndrome doesn't break down as many red blood cells when they process food. This is a harmless condition that is normally found in teenage males. The more serious cause for yellow poop is a Giardia infection. This is called by tiny parasites in the intestines that cause yellow diarrhea. This disease is extremely contagious and dangerous.

Perfectly healthy adults can experience green poop. Diets that are full of leafy green vegetables experience a green tint to their poop. Also, food coloring as in frosting or ice cream can turn your poop green. Some people experience a green color to their poop when they add an iron supplement to their diet. This is nothing to worry about unless you become constipated. Iron tends to constipate people as well.

Poop, like people, can come in many different shapes, sizes, and colors. Sometimes the color of your poop can be alarming, however, if you know what signs to look for, color changes become less stressful. If your poop is brown, black, yellow, or green, be sure to research and consult with a physician to be sure your condition is healthy and normal.

from http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1...s_of.html?cat=5

there are a lot more sites but that was the first one that popped up....

Guest Baby Tiana

Interesting. I have Giardia. It was not much fun. But Sarah is correct in the color. I would know. :P Sorry. Just had to put this. I mean what are the odds of people talking about this bacteria? I mean normal everyday talk with people who aren't doctors. Also other things can cause yellow poo. Like H Pylori can. Trust me I have it and yeah the color of poo not so nice.

What causes white poo though? I was baby sitting a girl who was being potty trained and her poo one day was white. I was stumped and not sure if she was okay and if it was a very serious matter or not. She seems fine though. I mean it only happened like twice within a year.

So, now we're Scatologists :lol: (that's someone who specializes in the study of poop- I guess some kind of doctor has to do that ;) ) It's important to at least take a glance at what you're leaving behind at what's leaving your behind. After some intestinal surgery I've come to learn how to regulate my diet by watching my poop- it's also a indicator of my general health. Color, texture, diameter, and amount all tell me something specific such as whether I'm getting enough fiber (large brown streaked with black or near black); have eaten too much red meat (small diameter, medium brown and ropy); or have eaten too much fiber (muddy, slimy-looking, and long). The diameter means something to me as my surgery was for blockage and when things flare up (usually because of a bad diet or having not chewed fiberous foods well enough) the diameter becomes small and I feel more than the usual amnount of abdominal pressure :(

When you reach your 40's to 50's you ought to begin monitoring this yourself as colon cancer can sneak in slowly and without a proper colonoscopy what may seem like aggravated constipation might just be life's end nearing :o I vaguely remember that pre-surgery my poop (which I didn't much look at back then because it seemed disgusting) was black, ropy-looking, and chunky- and took a lot of pushing to get rid of :( After surgery, healing and a better diet my intestines do a lot better job at getting nutrients from my food (more energy from less food), clean the poisons out better (I feel less sickly), and are regular for the most part. Sometimes when I've been bad and not eaten enough leafy greens I have to use a fiberous laxative (generic metamucil) to keep things moving but that's a small price to pay for still being alive B)

Bettypooh

1st,....im too drunk to read anything but the OP

2nd,....google is your friend, there are LOTS of poop sites with all the info

3rd,....at a glance it looked like sarah covered the colors

4th,....eating a whole box of trix cereal in a 12 hour period makes your poop green. (i use to work on a boat and that was one cheep food i would bring to in. yup, a gallon of milk and a box of cereal.)

ok a simple google search with the keys words "color of poop"

Brown

Brown is the typical color that appears in the toilet when someone poops. The color is naturally produced by a variety of factors. First of all, there is a pigment called bilirubin that is formed when the red blood cells in the liver and bone marrow break down. When the bilirubin ends up in the intestines, bacteria begins to form and eat. This is turns the poop brown. Another reason for the brown poop color is the iron found in the red blood cells. Brown poop is completely normal and should be no cause for concern.

Tarry Black

Tarry black poop is reason for concern. Although an excess of iron in a diet can cause poop to appear black, the tarry quality is caused by something else entirely. Tarry black poop can mean there is a bleeding ulcer or bleeding in the intestines. If you see this type of poop in the toilet, contact a physician as soon as possible.

Yellow

Yellow poop can have two causes. One is harmless while the other is serious. The harmless cause of yellow poop is something called Gilber's Syndrome. As stated earlier, brown poop gets it's color from the breakdown of red blood cells. Someone with Gilbert's Syndrome doesn't break down as many red blood cells when they process food. This is a harmless condition that is normally found in teenage males. The more serious cause for yellow poop is a Giardia infection. This is called by tiny parasites in the intestines that cause yellow diarrhea. This disease is extremely contagious and dangerous.

Perfectly healthy adults can experience green poop. Diets that are full of leafy green vegetables experience a green tint to their poop. Also, food coloring as in frosting or ice cream can turn your poop green. Some people experience a green color to their poop when they add an iron supplement to their diet. This is nothing to worry about unless you become constipated. Iron tends to constipate people as well.

Poop, like people, can come in many different shapes, sizes, and colors. Sometimes the color of your poop can be alarming, however, if you know what signs to look for, color changes become less stressful. If your poop is brown, black, yellow, or green, be sure to research and consult with a physician to be sure your condition is healthy and normal.

from http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1...s_of.html?cat=5

there are a lot more sites but that was the first one that popped up....

Oh so green poop is okay, whew. now if I can find out what some of the weird shapes are. Sometimes it looks like i pooped out an ear plug, i think it's probably something from the metformin but still it is gross.

Oh so green poop is okay, whew. now if I can find out what some of the weird shapes are. Sometimes it looks like i pooped out an ear plug, i think it's probably something from the metformin but still it is gross.

maybe its like tea leaves and you can read your fortunes from your poop shapes?

maybe its like tea leaves and you can read your fortunes from your poop shapes?