LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cloth-like Disposible, Not Reasonable?

Ok I bought sample of Attends, and one of them was that "cloth like feel" . Well I was going to bed, and after taping it up (it didn't fell secure until I was), I went to bed and thought I be okay. So I start to dribble a little in the bed and sudden I notice a spot on the bed cause the thing leaked. I'm I right to assume that Cloth based diapers, though they fell nice, aren't really practical? I guess the other only way to make them work would be using some sort of stuffer (Like a Pampers or stuffed inside) but that seems like buying more merchandise then necessary.

He didn't mean to use the quote button and is asking if cloth based disposables leak.

He asserts that if they do then they are arbitrary as you would have to expend even more money on purchasing stuffers.

Thanks girl! :D I went ahead and fixed it. Anyway I have worn "breathable" diapers. While they tend to weep wetness after a while, they shouldn't leak unless you haven't fitted them correctly. You might want to check that you have the correct size, in diapers, bigger isn't always better.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate cloth like disposable diaper. cloth like diaper does not mean easily leak, there is plastic sheet at the back of the cloth like cover.

However, I hate the feeling and the extra money for this design.

there is no plastic in any cloth like diaper.I have a 2 year old daughter still in diapers(pampers) and I wear diapers...pampers is cloth like and I wear Walmart store brand cloth like I ripped open both diapers and there is no plastic anywhere.the back end of the cloth is the same as the front cloth when past the cloth its just diaper filling..

I can sympathise with Diaper 7 re cloth like 'breathable' diapers in comparison to normal plastic backing. They do leak, not by design but by packing. The cloth like breathable diaper have a thiner layer of plastic packing that is reinforced with a 'cloth like' backing. When manufactured, this combination does not allow urine to seep out, but the problems are created when 28 are compressed to fit into a package for 10. This means the little gel beads within the diaper get caught or forced into the little holes within the plastic backing and tear this. It is no large enough to notice without inspection, but large enough to destroy the waterproof layer. The standard plastic backed diaper does noit suffer this problem due to the plastic being slightly thicker.

there is no plastic in any cloth like diaper

Absolutely incorrect. You didn't do a very thorough disassembly. I can pull the spunbond ("cloth-like") layer off the poly layer fairly easily on Pampers Baby-Dry or Luvs. It's a little harder on Huggies, but the plastic is still there, trust me. The whole "cloth-like" thing is a sham. It's still a plastic shell diaper underneath. It IS NOT softer to the skin, it IS NOT better for the environment, it IS NOT breathable (if the wings are just spunbond like on the cloth-like Attends, then yes, the wings are breathable, but that's it).

babykeiff is right: The reason "cloth-like" diapers often seep wetness and feel damp to the touch is because the waterproof poly layer is so much thinner than when the shell was just plastic. As such, it often develops pinholes which allow the diaper to seep.