LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Disposable Diaper Padding

Now that the warm weather is upon us, heat becomes a comfort issue as far as diapers are concerned. One issue for me is the lack of absorbent material in the wings of the diapers. I dislike the feeling of the plastic backing sticking to my skin and it causes in increase in heat over areas where there is padding because air doesn't get in to cool it at all. That negates one of the advantages to disposables over my cloth diapers in that they can breathe better.

I remember the old style Depends Overnight Briefs before they "improved" them by making them thinner. One reason they are thinner now is the padding used to be extended far out into the wings which helped reduce leaking due to lying on your side. Yes they weren't the best but when used during the day they were more comfortable because my body had less exposure the to plastic.

I know there are the cloth like covered disposables out there that might be cooler but I have never bought any and don't plan to. If I just wore for need I would probably go that route but that wouldn't satisfy that part of me that is very DL and somewhat AB and I just wouldn't be happy. I guess I'm greedy and want a diaper that meets all of my needs not some of them.

Anyway, thanks for listening, I just needed to vent a little.

Hugs,

Freta

Nothing wrong with sharing with us ^_^ Friends don't mind a bit of 'venting'. Others may agree with your desires and if enough people ask for something the manufacturer may just give it a try so your 'venting' might just get you what you want :D In fact, other than the cost my only 'beef' with Bambinos is that while the middle is wonderfully thick the sides are not proportional. When I want a super-thick diaper, I want it thick everywhere- and that's one of the main appeals of cloth diapers for me :wub:

Bettypooh

Guest YkDave

i have to agree too.

It seems that every mfg hasnt even put any thought into gettin a bit of padding in the wings. If anything they try to avoid it and the rest of the diaper is skimpy too!

That is one of the things i dont like about the molicare supers, the fluff doesnt even come all the way to the top at the front.

Oh well, thats why we have and love cloth diapers! :D