LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Never Growing Up?

Forgive me if this sounds like a late-night rambling, because it is.

I suppose most of us AB's, by the nature of the phenomenon, either wish or feel that we are in some mental aspects still living at an earlier age. However, does anyone feel like they really think about or process some things as you did when you were...I don't know, 12..11..10... or even younger? I'm 20 right now, 21 in a month, but I find that most of my older friends and especially my older brother acted very much different when they were 20. I still tell the same kinds of jokes as I did when I was 11 or 12, I still do the same things for recreation, wear the same styles of clothes, watch the same movies, and basically act the same way. I also stay up until very early and am still extremely afraid of the dark. I guess I really can't put my finger on it, but I wonder if whatever instills the AB lifestyle also permeates throughout many more aspects of one's day-to-day life?

I think my emotional development stopped around the early 20's. I often run with 20-30 somethings for motorcycling and paintball. I see my own mental image as a mid-20's guy. Diapers came to me late in life so I don't really have any fixation there with age.

• 1 month later...

I don't think being an AB is necessarily connected with your mental age. In some cases, it may be, but I know in my case it is not. I am very mature for my age and I always have been. My mother's told me that when I was little, I'd stay and talk to adults rather than go play with kids my own age. But here I am, I love diapers, bottles, pacifiers, etc. Maybe it is a mental issue based on your age, just not necessarily where you feel your younger than you really are. At a point in time, I got my friends to coach me on being immature. Being too mature for my age brought nothing but stress and a psychological need for regression. I think being TOO mature in my case is why/how I became an AB.

Well, I myself tend to prefer the company of adults to teenagers because the average teenagers are not, generally, prepared for anything even approaching intellectual discussion or debate.

I know this is not all so please do not think that I lump all teens into this but I have to agree with you Frink when I look around at a lot of them these days. When my daughter was 16, she had a bunch of her friends over for a little deck party. Well, a friend of mine was also over, who is an emigree from the Czech Republic, formerly Czechoslovakia. He's a good-looking guy and all these girls were fussing over him but can you imagine my embarrassment as an American when not one of these girls (including my daughter) knew where the Czech Republic was located. Not one even remotely came close to Europe, let alone Eatern Europe and one thought it was near Cuba! She was the one who got it the farthest away from the U.S.A.

Don't they teach geography in school anymore? I knew this stuff before I was out of grade school, for crying out loud! Same with history. It was embarrassing when I discovered my daughter didn't have a clue who Nikita Kruschev was.

Sorry, didn't mean to get away from the topic.

I'm 50, my mind, wife, and most friends are in their early to mid-thirties, my dresses say 4 to 6, and the diapers say 1. What an ecclectic mix!!

Cheers!

Ruffles

P.S. Before anyone says that I should have taught her better, I used to read to her when she was a little girl and some, not all, of her toys were the type that also 'taught' things. Her mother split when my daughter was five and raised her for the next 10 years, with me getting to see very little of her; and yes, in all honesty, her mother was a bit dense regarding education as well and didn't place much importance in knowing the things I had mentioned. Would have been far different had I raised my daughter.

would have to say my ageing stoped around 8 or 9 my body may be older but i still feel that i am 8 or 9 years old

i just play with bigger and faster toys then was ever allowed to as a child

steel wet bed every night and more then not have wet pants several times dring the day

I know this is not all so please do not think that I lump all teens into this but I have to agree with you Frink when I look around at a lot of them these days. When my daughter was 16, she had a bunch of her friends over for a little deck party. Well, a friend of mine was also over, who is an emigree from the Czech Republic, formerly Czechoslovakia. He's a good-looking guy and all these girls were fussing over him but can you imagine my embarrassment as an American when not one of these girls (including my daughter) knew where the Czech Republic was located. Not one even remotely came close to Europe, let alone Eatern Europe and one thought it was near Cuba! She was the one who got it the farthest away from the U.S.A.